Topic Sport là chủ đề khá quen thuộc trong quá trình luyện IELTS Speaking, đặc biệt là ở IELTS Speaking Part 3. Và đây cũng là một chủ đề khá quen thuộc trong cuộc sống hằng ngày, do vậy trong bài viết ngày hôm nay IELTS Vietop muốn chia sẻ đến bạn nguồn từ vựng và bài mẫu cho chủ đề Sport – IELTS Speaking Part 3 nhé!
1. Từ vựng và cấu trúc thường sử dụng trong chủ đề Sport
- Qualify for sth (v): đủ tiêu chuẩn cho…
- Knockout: cú nốc ao
- Runner up (n): người về nhì
- Champion/championship: quán quân/giải quán quân
- Medal: đai/huân chương chiến thức
- Draw: hòa
- Victory (n): chiến thắng
- League (n): một nhóm người cùng 1 hạng đấu tranh giải
- Unbeaten (a): không thể bị đánh bại
- Pay off (v): bù đắp lại sau khi đã nỗ lực (thành công)
- Training sessions: kỳ huấn luyện
- Set a new (world) record: lập kỷ lục (thế giới) mới
- Defeat (v): đánh bại
- Let sb down: để ai đó thất vọng
- Under pressure: chịu áp lực
- On the verge of sth: đang gặp nguy cơ…
- Dominate = be n top/dominant
- To enhance their performance: To improve performance: Nâng cao phần thể hiện/trình diễn;
- To achieve a personal best: To achieve the best personal result so far in a sport: Đạt kết quả cá nhân tốt nhất;
- To get into shape = To keep fit: To stay in good physical condition: Cơ thể trở nên cân đối, khỏe mạnh;
- To build muscle: To gain muscle mass: Có cơ bắp.
- Take up exercise: To start doing exercise: Bắt đầu tập luyện
- Tune in: turn on the radio or television in order to listen or watch a programmne or channel.
- Sponsor: tài trợ
- Bài mẫu topic Restaurant – IELTS Speaking part 3
- Chủ đề Clothes – IELTS Speaking
- Bài mẫu topic Photograph – IELTS Speaking part 1, 2, 3
2. Bài mẫu topic Sport – IELTS Speaking part 3
File nghe topic Sport tại đây nhé:
2.1. Why do you think sport is important?
Also, taking up exercises is good for your mental health too, as it can battle feelings of anxiety and depression, sharpen your focus, and improve self-esteem. Lastly, doing a sport is a good way to socialise and make friends. Afterall, spending time with people who share the same interest is a quality time.
2.2. Do you agree that sports stars earn too much money?
In my opinion, it’s fair that the best sportspeople earn a lot of money. First of all, the public is willing to spend a lot of money for tickets, tune in the games on television, buy jerseys, hats, shirts and other merchandise with team logos, and companies are willing to pay a lot of money to sponsor games.
Secondly, athletes spend hours and hours for training sessions and to enhance their performance or even to set new record and bring medals back to our own country; so, I think it’s very rational.
2.3. Do you think children get enough exercise these days?
No, I don’t think so. It seems that children worldwide aren’t getting enough physical activity. It’s a pressing problem because inactivity is a major factor in obesity, diabetes, and other health problems to adolescents.
They spend too much time sitting in front of computers or tablets instead of being outside playing and exercising. A few generations ago, children were much more active and enjoy outdoor activities, but nowadays they only do exercise at school during PE lessons.
- Inactivity: thiếu vận động
- PE lessons: giờ học thể dục
2.4. Why are some sports fans so passionate?
Some sports fans are incredibly passionate for several reasons. Firstly, sports often have a deep-rooted cultural and historical significance in many regions, creating a sense of identity and pride among the fans. For example, supporting a local team can be a way of expressing one’s connection to their hometown or country.
Secondly, sports offer an emotional outlet. Fans can experience a wide range of emotions when watching games, from elation to frustration, and this emotional rollercoaster can be quite addictive.
Additionally, the sense of community and belonging that comes with being part of a fan base is a powerful motivator. Being part of a passionate fan community can foster strong social bonds and a shared sense of purpose.
Furthermore, the competitive nature of sports itself can drive fans to be passionate. The desire to see their team win or to outperform rival teams can be a compelling motivator.
In essence, the passion of sports fans is a complex blend of cultural, emotional, and social factors that make sports more than just a game; they become a significant part of their fans’ lives.
- Incredibly passionate: vô cùng đam mê
- Frustration: sự thất vọng
- Rollercoaster: tàu lượn siêu tốc
2.5. What types of sports are popular in your country?
In my country, a wide range of sports are popular. Football is undoubtedly the most widely followed and played sport. It enjoys a massive fan base, and people of all ages often come together to watch matches and play the game.
Additionally, badminton and table tennis are quite popular, with many recreational players enjoying these sports at local clubs and community centers. Cricket also holds a special place in the hearts of many, with passionate fans and regular matches being organized at both amateur and professional levels.
Besides these, there’s a growing interest in fitness and adventure sports, including running, hiking, and cycling, as people become more health-conscious. Overall, sports play a significant role in the cultural and recreational life of my country.
- Undoubtedly: chắc chắn
- Recreational: giải trí
- Amateur: nghiệp dư
2.6. Do you like playing sports?
I’m a passionate sports enthusiast, even though I may not excel at it. My personal favorite is swimming. It not only allows me to meet new people and form connections but also has incredible benefits for my well-being.
Regularly engaging in sports keeps me physically fit, effectively alleviates any discomfort in my back and neck, and, most importantly, serves as a refreshing mental escape after a long, demanding day of work.
- Engaging: hấp dẫn
- Discomfort: khó chịu
2.7. What sport are popular in your country?
Well, I believe that in Vietnam at the moment, football is reigning supreme as the most popular sport. It’s often referred to as the “king of sports.” What’s particularly appealing about football is its simplicity – all you need is a ball, a few friends, and a couple of goals, which can be easily improvised using markers like pieces of clothing or bags. I find it to be a highly competitive sport, and both watching and playing it can be immensely enjoyable.
- Supreme: tối cao
- King of sports: vua thể thao
- Immensely: vô cùng
2.8. Do you like watching sports programmes on TV?
Absolutely, I’m a dedicated sports enthusiast, so I frequently watch various sporting events. In fact, the primary reason I subscribe to cable TV is to have access to sports channels.
- Enthusiast: người đam mê
2.9. Where did you learn how to do it?
In my country, soccer is the most prevalent sport, and practically every boy has played a casual game at least once without formal training. I’m no exception. I simply participated in friendly matches with my friends from a young age and learned the skills through trial and error.
- Practically: thực tế
- Cách học bảng chữ cái tiếng Anh
- Bài mẫu topic Making lists – IELTS Speaking part 1
- Talk about your favorite sport
Sẽ thật may mắn nếu bạn gặp chủ đề về thể thao trong bài thi IELTS. Tuy nhiên, nếu bạn phải đối mặt với một chủ đề mà bạn chưa chuẩn bị, không nên lo lắng quá. Trước khi bắt tay vào việc luyện nói về các chủ đề, việc quan trọng là nắm vững cách xây dựng ý và cấu trúc bài nói. Chúc các bạn học tập tốt và ôn luyện IELTS thành công nhé!