Với hầu hết các thí sinh, các bạn đều thấy phần thi IELTS Speaking Part 3 là phần thi khó nhất, có nhiều trường hợp nhiều thí sinh chưa kịp nhận ra nó bắt đầu từ khi nào cũng như trả lời như thế đã hợp lý hay chưa, do vậy điểm số ở phần này không được cao.
Do đó Vietop đã tổng hợp các chủ đề và câu hỏi thường gặp nhất ở phần thi này, hy vọng nó sẽ giúp ích được cho bạn nhé!
A. Thông tin về phần thi IELTS Speaking Part 3
Đây là phần thi cuối cùng trong bài thi IELTS Speaking vì vậy nên được xem là phần “khó ăn” nhất. Và khi thực hiện bài thi này, nhiều thí sinh sẽ cảm thấy lúng túng và bối rối khi trả lời.
Thông thường, ở Part 3 thí sinh sẽ được giám khỏa hỏi các câu hỏi liên quan đến chủ đề Part 2 trước đó. Tuy nhiên, ở Part 3 thì giám khảo sẽ yêu cầu bạn phải thảo luận về vấn đề, ý kiến chuyên sâu hơn. Do vậy, thời gian bài thi sẽ kéo dài khoảng 4-5 phút.
B. 30 chủ đề thường gặp ở phần thi IELTS Speaking Part 3
Dưới đây là các chủ đề IELTS Speaking Part 3 thường gặp, bạn có thể tham khảo nhé.
- What are the different kinds of advertising?
- What kind of advertising is most common in your country?
- What are the ways in which advertisements catch the attention of viewers?
- Do big companies prefer to advertise on TV or in some other ways? (Why?)
- What are the good and bad points of advertisements?
- Is advertising on the internet very influential?
- Are any kinds of advertising in your country considered illegal?
- Do you trust advertisements? (Why?/Why not?)
- How do you feel about false advertising?
2. Animals and Pets
- In what ways are humans different from other animals?
- What are the main roles of animals in your country?
- Why is it important to conserve the world’s animal and plant species?
- Which species are endangered in your country? Why?
- Do you think modern farming methods are cruel to animals?
- Why do many people refuse to eat meat?
- What effects do you think humans have on wild animals?
- What measures could we take to protect wildlife?
3. Art and culture
- How do people in your country feel about art?
- Do people in your country prefer music over art?
- What are some traditional art forms in your country?
- How can children benefit from learning about art?
- Do you think the government should provide support for art and cultural activities?
4. City and countryside
- What are the advantages of living in the countryside?
- What are the disadvantages of living in the countryside?
- What kinds of people live in the countryside?
- What do people living in the countryside like to do?
- How has life changed over time in the countryside?
- Do you think it is better to live in the city or in the countryside?
- Do you think landmarks make a city more famous, why?
- What interesting things can we do in big cities?
- What’s the difference between living in the city and in the countryside?
- Do all people enjoy shopping for clothes?
- Do you think it is good for people buy expensive clothes? Why?
- Why do some people like shopping with friends?
- What special clothes do people in your country wear on official or formal occasions?
- What is the different dress style between boys and girls?
Xem thêm một số từ vựng tại: https://www.ieltsvietop.vn/tu-hoc-ielts/speaking/chu-de-clothes-ielts-speaking-part-3/
- What do you think of the education system in Vietnam?
- How important do you think education is to an individual?
- How important are the roles of theory and practice in your discipline?
- What do you think are the major problems in the Vietnamese education system?
- How important do you think the computer is in education today? Are there any subjects computers cannot teach today?
- Which university do you think is the best in Vietnam?
- Are there many environmental problems in your country?
- Are people concerned about environmental problems in your country?
- Do you think enough is being done to deal with them?
- What can individuals do to help?
- Do you think older people have as much awareness of environmental problems as the younger generation?
Xem một số mẫu câu tại: https://www.ieltsvietop.vn/tu-hoc-ielts/topic-environmental-problems-ielts-speaking/
- Is family important in your country?
- How has the size of the family changed in the last few decades in your country?
- How do you think the family will change in the future?
- What role do grandparents play in the family in your country?
- Is the food that people eat today in your country different to the food that people used to eat in the past? (if yes, in what ways has it changed?) …
- How do you think the way we eat will change in the future?
- How is food eaten on special occasions different from food eaten on ordinary days?
- Do you think people cook too much for celebrations? How to reduce food wastage?
- How do you compare the food that we now eat to the food we had in the past?
- What are the most popular ways of keeping healthy in your country?Do you think most people worry more about their health as they get older?
- Why do you think some people continue bad habits when they know that they are damaging to their health?
- How can children be encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits?
- Do you think people have become more health conscious in recent years?
- Could governments do more to promote healthier lifestyle options?
- Do you like history?
- Do you think learning history is important?
- What are the benefits of museums?
- Are museums in your country free of charge?
- Which way is better for learning history? Through reading books or visiting museums?
- How has the internet changed social behaviour?
- Should companies check job applicants’ online profiles?
- What will be the next big development online?
- Do most people have a computer at home in your country? What do most people use it for?
- Do you think all information on the internet is true?
- How can people find reliable information on the internet?
13. Media and News
- How do the newspapers market themselves for increasing sales?
- What kind of marketing practices do these newspapers use?
- Do you think newspapers manipulate real stores for increasing their sales?
- Do the TV programs and radio channels talk about the same news?
- For children, what do you think are the benefits of reading?
- What do you think are the benefits of reading in general?
- What kind of books are considered good reads in your opinion?
- Do you think that people read nowadays as they did in the past?
- Will electronic books ever completely replace printed books in the future?
15. Role models
- Which type of people are respected most in our society?
- What happens when young people lack good role models?
- What standards of behaviour should teachers set?
- Do you agree that you should never meet your heroes?
16. Social problems
- What are the positive social impacts of an ageing population?
- What are the negative economic impacts of an ageing population?
- What are the social and economic impacts of hunger?
- Do you think that it is possible to become too competitive in sport?
- Do you think criminals can change?
- Is your country a safe country?
17. Sports and competition
- Why do you think sport is important?
- Do you think famous sportspeople are good role models for children?
- Do you agree that sports stars earn too much money?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of intensive training for young sportspeople?
- Do you think that it is possible to become too competitive in sport? In what way?
- How easy is it to travel around your country?
- Which method of travel do you consider safest?
- Has travel become safer in recent years?
- What are the pros and cons of low-cost air travel?
- How do you think people will travel in the future?
Bạn có thể download bộ Forecast IELTS Speaking quý 1/2021 (Full 3 part) – version 2.0 để ôn luyện nhé!
- Do you think job satisfaction is more important than salary when choosing a job?
- What skills do you think are needed to get a good job these days?
- Do you think women should be able to do all the same jobs that men do?
- How has technology changed the way we work?
- What is the difference between white collar and blue collar jobs?
- What jobs do you think are most valuable to society?
- What sorts of people famous in your country?
- How do people become famous?
- Are there any differences between people who were famous a few years ago and the people who are famous today?
- Do you think famous people ever have a negative influence on ordinary people?
- What qualities do famous people have in common?
- Through what kind of media can they be famous?
- Does weather affect your mood?
- Does weather have any impact on people’s daily activities?
- Where can people get weather reports?
- How do weather reports affect people’s life?/Why are people interested in the weather?
- What do people do on rainy days and sunny days?
- Has climate change affected your country?
- What do you wear when it’s cold outside?
- Why do people need to wear thick clothes when it’s cold outside?
- What kind of transportation that people in your country often use for travelling?
- Do you think that decrease the use of transportation is a good measure to protect the environment?
Xem bài mẫu và audio tại: https://www.ieltsvietop.vn/tu-hoc-ielts/speaking/topic-journey-ielts-speaking-part-2-3/
- What do most people consider when finding/accepting a job?
- What is more important? Job satisfaction or a high salary?
- What kinds of job do people in your country prefer?
- Do you think we need less physical work due to technology development?
- Do you think robots will take over man’s jobs in the future?
- What kinds of jobs are most likely to be taken over by robots?
Tham khảo bài mẫu và audio tại: https://www.ieltsvietop.vn/tu-hoc-ielts/speaking/topic-job-ielts-speaking-part-2-3/
24. Describe an item on which you spent more than expected
- Do you often buy more than expected?
- What do you think young people spend most of their money on?
- Do you think it is important to save money? Why?
- Do people buy things they don’t need?
25. Describe a person who impressed you most when you were in primary school
- Why do people always miss their childhood?
- Are kids happier than adults? Why?
- Why do people still remember many of their friends from primary school?
- What kinds of primary school teachers will impress students?
26. Describe a time when you waited for something special that would happen
- On what occasions do people usually need to wait?
- Who behave better when waiting, children or adults?
- Compared to the past, are people less patient now, why?
- What are the positive and negative effects of waiting on society?
27. Describe a habit your friend has and you want to develop
- What habits should children have?
- What should parents do to teach their children good habits?
- What influences do children with bad habits have on other children?
- 4. Why do some habits change when people get older?
28. Describe a difficult decision that you once made
- What decisions do people usually make in their daily lives?
- Which is easier, making a decision by yourself or making a decision after group discussion?
- Why are many young people unwilling to follow their parents’ advice?
- Why would middle-aged people tend to second-guess their own decisions?
29. Describe a bicycle/motorcycle/car trip you would like to go
- Which form of vehicle is more popular in your country, bikes, cars or motorcycles?
- Do you think air pollution comes mostly from mobile vehicles?
- Do you think people need to change the way of transportation drastically to protect the environment?
- How are the transportation systems in urban areas and rural areas different?
30. Describe a good service you received
- What do you think of the relationship between companies and customers?
- As a customer, what kinds of services would you expect to receive from a company?
- What kinds of jobs involve coping with the public?
- Why should companies react quickly when customers have difficulties?
C. Các dạng câu hỏi thường gặp trong IELTS Speaking Part 3
Là một “tay” luyện thi IELTS Speaking nhưng bạn đã “trải nghiệm” các dạng câu hỏi thường gặp ở bài thi IELTS Speaking Part 3 chưa? Bạn đã biết cách sử dụng sao cho phù hợp chưa?
Dạng câu hỏi “giving and supporting opinions”
- Do you feel that people should apologize for anything wrong they do?
- Do you think that children should be forced to wear uniform to school?
- Do you believe that traditional letters are a good way to send messages?
Cấu trúc thường dùng để nêu quan điểm:
- I strongly believe that…
- I believe/don’t believe that…
- I am convinced that…
- I am of the opinion that…
Dạng câu hỏi “evaluating two different points”
- Why do some people hold the opinion that it is acceptable to eat meat and others are not?
- Why do some people are not good at remembering information while others are not?
- Why do some people prefer to travel in groups yet others prefer to travel alone?
Với các dạng câu hỏi đó, bạn nên áp dụng:
- Cụm từ về số lượng người: A few, Nearly everyone, Almost everyone,…
- Phân loại theo tuổi tác: Younger generation/ youngsters, The elderly/ the older generation,…
- Phân loại theo hành vi: People with…; People who have…; The rich/the poor;…
- Tính từ về ích lợi: Convenient/ beneficial, Rewarding/ challenging/ informative,…
- Cụm từ về lợi ích: Develop a sense of social responsibility, Enrich their knowledge and open up their horizons,….
Dạng câu hỏi “speculating about future events”
- How will technology affect the daily lives of humans
- Some people predict that studying from home will be very popular in the future. Do you agree?
- Do you think that people in the future will solve many the environmental and social problems that we are still facing nowadays?
Bạn nên áp dụng:
- Cụm từ thể hiện sự dự đoán: I foresee…; It is probable that….; It is predicted that….
- Thì tương lai hoàn thành và cụm từ: In the future, In a short time, In our lifetime,…
Dạng câu hỏi “advantages and disadvantages”
- Tell me some of the disadvantages of studying abroad
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using social networking sites?
- Describe drawbacks of having pets
Nên áp dụng:
- Đối với câu hỏi”advantages”: One of the main advantages of, One of the main benefits of, Another perk of,…
- Đối với câu hỏi ” disadvantage”: One drawback of, Another disadvantage of, The main disadvantage of,…
- Các cụm từ theo sau những cụm ở trên: Verb-ing/ noun is you can; Verb-ing/ noun is that you are able to- Verb-ing/ noun is you don’t have to- Verb-ing/ noun is you don’t need to
Loại câu hỏi “past events”
- How criminals have changed in recent years in your countries
- How has teaching changed in your country over the past few decades?
- How has technology revolutionized our lives over the past few years
Các cấu trúc ngữ pháp nên áp dụng:
- Used to + infinitive: nói về thói quen trong quá khứ nhưng giờ không còn nữa
- Past simple: nói về sự việc hay hành động từng làm trong quá khứ như không còn làm hay không còn đúng nữa
- Present perfect continuous: dùng để diễn tả hành động diễn ra trong quá khứ và vẫn còn tiếp diễn ở hiện tại
- X is + comparative adjective + than + time in the past- X is (not) as + adjective + as + time in the past
- Past perfect: nói về hành động diễn ra trước một hành động khác trong quá khứ
“Mẹo” xử lý các tình huống khó trong IELTS Speaking Part 3
Part 1, Par 2 xử lý xong nhưng đến Part 3 thì tình huống “khó ăn” hơn thì giải quyết như thế nào đây? Dưới dây là những cách xử lý các tình huống khó trong phần thi IELTS Speaking Part 3 rất hữu ích mà bạn có thể áp dụng.
- Nếu không hiểu giám khảo đang hỏi gì, hãy yêu cầu lịch sự giám khảo bằng câu nỏi: “Sorry, I didn’t catch that. Can you repeat the question for me? hoặc “Excuse me, can you rephrase the question for me?”.
- Nếu câu hỏi quá khó hoặc bạn không hề biết gì về nó, hãy xin giám khảo một vài giây suy nghĩ hoặc thú nhận rằng bạn không biết diễn đạt câu hỏi hỏi bằng tiếng Anh như thế nào nhưng vẫn nên đưa ra suy đoán của bạn. Tuy nhiên, cách này chỉ áp dụng với những câu thật sự khó với bạn.
- Để mở rộng câu trả lời, đầu tiên bạn hãy đưa ra lí do, nguyên nhân. Kế đến là ví dụ và giả định trường hợp ngược lại với “If”.
Hướng dẫn tự học IELTS Speaking Part 3 hiệu quả
Để học IELTS Speaking một cách hiệu quả, điều bạn cần làm đó là:
- Thay đổi suy nghĩ về việc học tiếng Anh. Ngôn ngữ là một công cụ để giao tiếp, học một ngôn ngữ mới cần có thời gian, ôn luyện và thực hành mới có thể sử dụng tốt được. Vì vậy, đừng khiến bản thân cảm thấy áp lực bằng cách đặt nặng nó quá.
- Tập phát âm đúng các từ, các câu và sử dụng đúng ngữ pháp.
- “Nhại” theo giọng người bản xứ qua các đoạn ghi âm, các video phim,…
- Thường xuyên giao tiếp bằng tiếng Anh với mọi người.
Cụ thể hơn, bạn có thể xem bài viết: Hướng dẫn tự học IELTS Speaking cho người mới bắt đầu từ 0 đến 7.0+ nhé!
Hy vọng với những thông tin trên đã giúp bạn phần nào có sự chuẩn bị tốt cho phần thi IELTS Speaking Part 3 của mình nhé!
Bên cạnh đó, một số bạn sắp bước vào kì thi trong quý 2-2020, bạn có thể tham khảo bộ dự đoán đề IELTS Speaking full 3 part TẠI ĐÂY.
Chúc các bạn đạt được band điểm như mong muốn nhé!