Talk about your hometown là một chủ đề rất thường xuất hiện đầu tiên trong bài thi IELTS Speaking. Tuy đây là một chủ đề đơn giản trong IELTS, nhưng việc các bạn trả lời khéo léo và trau chuốt sẽ gây ấn tượng cho giám khảo ngay từ lúc đầu.
Vì vậy, các sĩ tử khi đi thi phải chuẩn bị thật kĩ từ vựng, ngữ pháp cùng cách trả lời tự nhiên về Talk about your hometown sẽ giúp các bạn tự tin hơn trong phần thi này.
1. Các từ vựng hay chủ đề Talk about your hometown
- Amenities (n): Tiện ích
- Skyscrapers (n): Nhà cao tầng chọc trời
- Evolution (n): Sự phát triển
- A city person (n): Con người thành phố thích sự náo nhiệt
- (Be) fed up (adj): Chán nản
- The hustle and bustle of city life: Sự hối hả ồn ào của thành phố
- Soak up (v): Hít thở
- Historic (adj): Cổ kính, thuộc về lịch sử
- Booming economy: Nền kinh tế phát triển mạnh
- Hordes of tourist: Nhiều khách du lịch
- Tourist attraction: Địa điểm du lịch
- … is located in the northern/ central/ southern/ eastern/ western part of Vietnam: … Nằm ở khu vực phía Bắc/ trung tâm/ Nam/ Đông/ Tây của Việt Nam.
- It borders …. to the north, … to the south, … to the east, … to the west: Nó giáp ranh với … về phía Bắc, … về phía Nam, … về phía Đông, … về phía Tây.
- Metropolitan area: Thành phố lớn
- Small town/ a coastal city/ an ancient city with a population of around…: 1 thị trấn nhỏ/1 thành phố ven biển/1 thành phố cổ
- Has a tropical/ humid subtropical/ temperate climate: Có khí hậu nhiệt đới/ cận nhiệt đới ẩm/ ôn đới
- Has two/ four distinct seasons: Có 2/4 mùa tách biệt
- It’s quite windy/ hot/ cold/ foggy/ cloudy,…: Trời khá nhiều gió/ nóng/ lạnh/ nhiều sương mù/ nhiều mây
- Spectacular natural landscapes: Thắng cảnh thiên nhiên tuyệt đẹp
- Stunning ocean views: Cảnh biển tuyệt vời
- Rolling mountains: Những dãy núi trùng điệp
- Dense forests: Những cánh rừng rậm rạp
- Historic buildings: Các tòa nhà cổ
- Well-developed facilities >< less-developed facilities: Có các trang thiết bị phát triển >< các trang thiết bị kém phát triển
- Rich natural resources: Tài nguyên thiên nhiên dồi dào
- the hustle and bustle of city life: Sự tấp nập và hối hả của cuộc sống thành phố
- Lively bars and restaurants: Các nhà hàng và quán bar nhộn nhịp
- Fantastic public transport system: Hệ thống giao thông công cộng tuyệt vời
- Famous tourist destinations: Các điểm đến du lịch nổi tiếng
- Green spaces: Những khu vực nhiều cây xanh
2. IELTS Speaking part 1 – Topic Talk about your hometown
2.1. Where are you from? (Where is your hometown)
Well, I was born and raised in Ho Chi Minh City which is one of the biggest cities in Vietnam. You know, HCM is a bustling metropolis with a complex history and colonial structure remains.
I’m from Nha Trang, which is a beautiful coastal city located in Vietnam. Nha Trang is renowned for its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and vibrant marine life. It’s a popular tourist destination in my country, and I feel fortunate to call it my hometown. The combination of natural beauty, delicious seafood, and a welcoming community makes Nha Trang a truly special place.
2.2. Do you like your hometown? What do you like about your hometown?
Honestly, I do take a lot of pride in being a citizen here. What I mean here is that I have all the modern amenities such as, hospitals, parks, recreational centers and better job opportunities. Besides, I can witness the evolution and development of my city with an array of skyscrapers and new buildings have been built in recent years. I think it is true to say that this is the city that never sleeps.
2.3. Would you prefer to live somewhere else? (Why)?
To be honest, I am not kind of a city person and I am quite fed up with the traffic jam in the city, so if I were to live somewhere else, it would have to be somewhere off the beaten track to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. That way, I can be closer to nature and soak up fresh air every morning.
2.4. Does your hometown have a lot of tourists?
Definitely Yes. Although Ha Noi, the capital of Vietnam, is more ancient, I think Ho Chi Minh city has its own uniqueness and is famous for its booming economy and terrific nightlife. There are hordes of tourists flocking into some tourist attractions such as night markets, or Cu Chi tunnels.
2.5. What do you like most about your hometown?
I’m from Bình Định, and what I love most about my hometown is its stunning beaches. The serene coastal areas, like Quy Nhơn Beach, offer a peaceful escape from city life. The unspoiled beauty and delicious seafood make it a perfect place for relaxation and enjoyment.
2.6. What do you not like about it?
While I adore my hometown of Bình Định for its natural beauty and tranquility, there are a few aspects I’m not particularly fond of. One of the challenges is the limited employment opportunities, which often lead many young people, including friends of mine, to seek better job prospects in larger cities.
Additionally, the infrastructure, especially road conditions, can be quite poor in some areas, making transportation less convenient. Despite these drawbacks, the beauty of Bình Định’s beaches and its unique charm still make it a special place to me.
3. IELTS Speaking part 2 – Topic Talk about your hometown
Talk about your hometown. You should say:
- Where it is?
- What is special about it
- What tourists should do there
And explain whether it is an ideal place to live in or not?
3.1. Sample 1
Let me now tell you a little bit about the city where I was born and raised, which is Da Nang, located on the country’s central coast. It is considered
You will be in awe of our kind locals and stunning natural landscapes when you visit the city. It is commonly known that nature favors my city. We have fine sandy beaches in the east and green ranges of mountains surrounding the city in the west, giving visitors many options for things to explore. They should definitely not miss the chance to go on a tour of the city by public bus, or rent a motorcycle to travel to more locations, such as the Hai Van Pass, which Da Nang locals consider to be one of nature’s seven wonders of the world.
In addition, I think the mouth-watering food will never disappoint travel lovers. They can always have a try at a variety of cuisines, including Hue noodle soup, Quang style noodles and fresh spring rolls with salad.
Real estate is another plus point, making my city an excellent choice for people looking to settle down. The cost of living there is considerably lower than in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City. Overall, my hometown is a great place to be, and even to build a life of your own.
- Be in awe: Cảm thấy choáng ngợp
- Stunning (adj): Tuyệt đẹp
- Mouth-watering (adj): Ngon chảy nước dãi
- Settle down: Ổn định cuộc sống
3.2. Sample 2
I’d like to talk about my hometown, which is a place that holds a special place in my heart. My hometown is located in Bình Định province, a region known for its natural beauty and unique cultural heritage.
First and foremost, what makes Bình Định stand out is its breathtaking beaches. With gentle coastlines, like Quy Nhơn Beach, Bình Định offers the perfect setting for relaxation. The tranquility and natural beauty of these coastal areas are truly captivating.
One of the things I appreciate most about my hometown is the strong sense of community. In a close-knit town like Bình Định, everyone knows one another, fostering a warm and friendly atmosphere. We often come together for community events and gatherings, which strengthens our bonds.
Bình Định also boasts a rich history. There are several historical landmarks and well-preserved old buildings that narrate the town’s evolution over the years. The town square, with its vintage architecture, is a popular spot for both locals and visitors, offering insights into our heritage.
Finally, I must mention the local cuisine, which is a true reflection of our culture. Bình Định is renowned for its seafood dishes, and the freshness and flavors are simply irresistible. Whenever I have the opportunity to return home, indulging in these culinary delights is a must.
In conclusion, my hometown of Bình Định is a place I’m genuinely proud of. Its natural beauty, tight-knit community, rich history, and delicious local cuisine make it a unique and cherished place. I feel fortunate to have grown up in such a charming and welcoming town.
- Cultural heritage: Di sản văn hóa
- Breathtaking beaches: Những bãi biển ngoạn mục
- Coastal areas: Vùng ven biển
- Close-knit: Gắn bó chặt chẽ
- Gatherings: Các cuộc tụ họp
- Vintage architecture: Kiến trúc cổ điển
4. IELTS Speaking part 3 – Topic Talk about your hometown
4.1. Why do people have a very strong bond with their hometown?
I guess one of the best indicators of happiness is the number of different types of social connections we have in our lives, and perhaps there are no better and more natural social connections for a human than the one he forms with his hometown. After all, it is our hometown where we are born and raised as children so it is very easy to be close to it, both physically and mentally.
- Indicator (n): chất chỉ thị
- Be born and raised: được sinh ra và lớn lên
4.2. Which affects a person’s personality more, the hometown or the current city? Why?
A person’s hometown defines how they behave, and their current city defines how they want to change. I mean, people have to adapt to their new living environment in certain ways, to find it easier to blend in and strike up new relationships. But overall, I believe that a person’s hometown has a much greater influence on them as a person.
- Strike up new relationships: bắt đầu mối quan hệ mới
4.3. What can people do to improve their hometown even if they do not live there?
Whether or not they live there, people may still make a lot of improvements to their hometowns. To get young people more interested in physically and mentally engaging activities. For instance, people can help start certain sports clubs, study organizations, or libraries. Additionally, they could cultivate trees in the front or backyards of their residences to enhance the beauty and greenery of the city as well as the air quality. Additionally, they can give to some organizations that support those in need.
- Cultivate (v): trồng (cây)
4.4. How easy is it to find a place to live in your country
Finding a place to live in Vietnam is generally quite straightforward. In major cities like Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, there’s a wide range of housing options available. However, the ease of finding affordable accommodation can depend on the specific location and market conditions. Prices in city centers tend to be higher, while you may find more affordable options in smaller towns or less urbanized areas. Overall, it’s usually manageable to find a suitable place to live in Vietnam, but costs can vary depending on your preferences and budget.
- Straightforward: thẳng thắn
- Affordable: có thể chi trả
- Towns: thị trấn
Talk about an invention – Bài mẫu IELTS Speaking part 1, 2, 3
Talk about your career choice – Bài mẫu IELTS Speaking part 1, 2, 3
Talk about volunteer work – Bài mẫu IELTS Speaking part 2, part 3
Bài viết trên đây, IELTS Vietop đã mang đến cho bạn các bài mẫu IELTS Speaking part 1, 2, 3 với chủ đề Talk about your hometown và list từ vựng quan trọng. Hy vọng bài viết này hữu ích với bạn và đừng quên thường xuyên tự luyện IELTS Speaking tại nhà nhé!
Hãy bắt đầu bài Speaking của mình ngay nhé, chúc các bạn ôn luyện IELTS thành công với kỳ thi IELTS sắp tới!