Chủ đề FOOD & COOKING – thức ăn và nấu nướng là chủ đề rất hay gặp trong bài thi IELTS Speaking. Với bài viết hôm nay, IELTS Vietop mời các bạn cùng tham khảo qua phần bài mẫu Topic FOOD & COOKING | IELTS Speaking nhé!
Từ vựng thường gặp
Dưới đây, IELTS Vietop giới thiệu đến bạn một số bài viết trên blog Tự Học IELTS về từ vựng cần thiết cho chủ đề FOOD & COOKING.
- Chủ đề Food and Drink – Vocabulary & Collocation hay nhất
- Tổng hợp từ vựng tiếng Anh về Đồ ăn – Thức uống
- Từ vựng tiếng Anh về món ăn Việt Nam phổ biến nhất
- Từ vựng chủ đề nấu ăn trong tiếng Anh đầy đủ
- Từ vựng IELTS về Hương vị
Bài mẫu Topic FOOD & COOKING | IELTS Speaking part 1
- What kind of food do you like to eat?
For me, I mainly enjoy eating homemade food. They are not only made from organic materials, but also are hygienic and chemical-free. Although I have a thing for eating in, my preference does not prevent me from dining outside.
- Homemade food (n): món ăn làm tại nhà
- Organic (adj): hữu cơ
- Hygienic (adj): vệ sinh
- Chemical-free (adj): không có chất hóa học
- Preference (n): sự ưa thích
- What kind of new food would you like to try?
I’ve never tried Chinese food and now I am thinking of trying it, a friend of mine convinced me that I would enjoy it since that kind of food is quite tasty. I intend to take my family to a well-known Chinese restaurant in near my house. Aside from that, I’d like to try Japanese dishes.
- To convince (v): thuyết phục
- Tasty (adj): (món ăn) ngon
- To intend (v): dự định
- Well-known (adj): nổi tiếng
- Do you like cooking? Why/ Why not?
My answer is a big yes. Cooking is one of my favourite hobbies, every time I cook I always feel less stressed. Another reason is that I like cooking because I think it’s a lot healthier than eating out all the time.
- Healthier (adj): khỏe mạnh hơn, đảm bảo sức khỏe hơn
- To eat out (v): đi ăn ở ngoài, ăn nhà hàng
- Do you think that it’s important to know how to cook well?
Although I’m not sure if it’s important to cook well, I do believe that everyone should be familiar with the basics since it is not good for our health if we rely too much on fast food or pre-made meals. Also, knowing how to cook will also help you enhance life skills like eating nutritious, saving your money, and cleaning.
- To rely (v): dựa dẫm
- Pre-made (adj): làm sẵn
- To enhance (v): nâng cao, cải thiện
- To save money (v): để dành, tiết kiệm tiền
- What are some kinds of food you never eat? Why?
Food items that are on my “not-preferable list” are something too spicy. I am not a fan of chilli and ever since that kind of spicy food is on my dislike list and I never order or prepare them.
- Not-preferable list (n): danh sách không ưa thích
- Spicy (adj): cay
- To be not a fan of (v): không phải “fan”, không thích
- Dislike list (n): danh sách không ưa thích
Ở phần 2 của topic FOOD & COOKING, các bạn sẽ dễ gặp những đề yêu cầu miêu tả về một người nổi tiếng như diễn viên, ca sĩ,… hoặc một người nổi tiếng bạn theo dõi trên mạng xã hội. Các bạn có thể nhóm những đề này lại thành một để có thể dễ dàng ghi chú và học lại những keyword, phrases và idioms hơn là chuẩn bị mỗi đề một dàn ý khác nhau.
Describe a time when you tried a new food for the first time.
You should say:
- what food it was
- where you ate it
- what it tasted like
And explain whether or not you liked this food.
I had the opportunity to try a well-known Thai dish for the first time last month.
It was my brother’s birthday, I remember. After putting quite a lot of thought into some new savoury food to have for our meal, my family finally decided to go to a Thai restaurant near my house.
At the restaurant, my parents ordered tom yum goong – a type of Thai spicy shrimp soup and Thai-style fried noodles – which we called pad Thai, while my brother picked the Thai curry noodle soup. For me, I chose a new dish that I have never tried before – the Yam Talay. This mixed seafood salad is not only delicious but also nutritious. This salad can contain any combination of squid, shrimp, mussels, scallops, or crabmeat. Tomatoes, onions, and rice glass noodles are also added for good measure to the seafood medley.
Besides, what I really enjoyed was that we could watch as the food was cooked in front of us. That was the first time I tried the Yam Talay, and I would have liked to come back for more. Just mentioning it makes my mouth water.
- To put a lot of thought into sth (v): đặt nhiều tâm trí để suy nghĩ về vấn đề gì đó
- Savoury (adj): (món ăn) ngon
- Nutritious (adj): bổ dưỡng
- Mussel (n): hến
- Scallop (n): sò điệp
- Crabmeat (n): thịt cua
- Rice glass noodles (n): miến
- Medley (n): trộn, hỗn hợp
- To make one’s mouth water (v): làm chảy nước bọt, ý nói món ăn quá ngon
- Is the food that people eat today in your country different from the food that people used to eat in the past?
I believe in my country, most people’s eating habits have recently changed. Since food hygiene is mentioned in the news every day, people exercise extreme caution when selecting ingredients and cooking properly. Fat-free or low-fat foods and vegetables are preferred in daily meals than in the past when food was mostly chosen based on interests.
- Food hygiene (n): vệ sinh an toàn thực phẩm
- Extreme (adj): vô cùng
- Fat-free (adj): (món ăn) không chất béo
- Low-fat (adj): (món ăn) ít béo
- Is fast food popular in your country?
Fast food restaurants such as KFC, Lotteria, Burger King, and Domino’s have grown in popularity in my country, as a result of the globalization trend. However, I don’t think consuming fast food is good for us. In fact, this type of food is one of the main factors that cause obesity and other health problems.
- Globalization (n): toàn cầu hóa
- To consume (v): tiêu thụ
- Obesity (n): chứng béo phì
- Do people in your country generally prefer to eat at home or eat out?
I believe that people in my country prefer home-cooked meals more often. The reason for this is according to our culture, it is simply expected of us to have family meals or cook for ourselves. However, there are also some overworked people who would rather order a meal at a restaurant.
- According to: dựa theo
- Family meals (n): các bữa ăn gia đình
- Overworked (adj): làm việc quá nhiều
Trên đây là bài mẫu và từ vựng cho phần IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2 và 3 chủ đề FOOD & COOKING – thức ăn và nấu nướng. IELTS Vietop hy vọng đã có thể giúp các bạn tham khảo được thêm nhiều từ vựng và ý tưởng để chuẩn bị tốt hơn cho chủ đề này. Chúc các bạn học tốt!