1. Bài mẫu topic Getting up early – IELTS Speaking part 1
1.1. Do you often get up early in the morning?
- Early bird (n): người hay dậy sớm
- Eun errands (v): làm việc lặt vặt
1.2. What do you usually do when you get up early?
My bedroom has a balcony that looks out over the garden so the first thing I do when I wake up is to take a moment and breathe in the fresh air. After my personal hygiene routine, I go to the supermarket to buy some food and do some cooking for breakfast. Having a cup of joe before going to work has also become my morning ritual.
- Looks out over (v): nhìn hướng ra
- Cup of joe (n): ly cà phê
- Morning ritual (n): thói quen buổi sáng
1.3. Do you get up early on weekends?
Well, I actually get up early every morning, including Saturdays and Sundays. If I don’t have much work to do, I will go for a run at the park then come back home to have some snacks while binge-watching my favorite TV shows.
- Binge-watch (v): xem (phim) liên tục không ngừng
2. Bài mẫu topic Getting up early – IELTS Speaking part 2
Describe a time you got up early
You should say:
- When was it?
- Why did you get up early?
- What did you do after getting up?
- How did you feel about it?
This cue card reminds me of the time I got up at dawn to prepare for a job interview.
I received a call from the Human Resource Department who asked me to join an interview at 8 A.M and give a full 15-minute speech about a topic. I was thrilled to bits accepting the offer since I’ve always wanted to secure myself a slot in that company. I decided to get up at 5 A.M in order to be well-prepared for the appointment.
As per plan, I first finished my morning skincare routine and when I got out of the bathroom, my mom had already made me a hearty breakfast. I then had a cup of joe, which could never go wrong, as caffeine kept me energetic all day long and extended my attention span.
Thereafter, I started to skim through all the notes I took the previous night, you know, just to ensure that I wouldn’t miss any points during my presentation. I made a rehearsal of the speech in front of the mirror to see if I was making good use of my body language. Finally, I got suited up, did some makeup and wore my favorite perfume as I believe appearance is the best indication of one’s personality, reflecting a number of important character traits.
I arrived at the place 15 minutes in advance, which I believed was appropriate. While giving the presentation, I tried to express my verbal and non-verbal language in a way that I’m most comfortable with, in hope that my speech would make them sit up and take notice. Everything turned out just fine, and I got in!
I can say that getting up early that morning did wonders to my performance at the time, since I had more time to settle in, resulting in a stress-free experience. It is also a good habit to take up, as you can finish more tasks in a day.
- Get up at dawn: dậy lúc bình minh
- Be thrilled to bits: vui tột độ
- Secure a slot: giữ được một chân (trong danh sách, tổ chức)
- Be well-prepared (adj): chuẩn bị kỹ lưỡng
- As per plan: theo kế hoạch
- Hearty (adj): (bữa ăn) thịnh soạn
- Cup of joe (n): ly cà phê
- Get suited up: mặc đồ trang trọng
- Character traits (n): đặc điểm tính cách
- In advance: trước (thời gian quy định)
- Be appropriate (adj): phù hợp
- Sit up and take notice: tập trung lắng nghe
- Do wonders: có tác dụng tuyệt vời
- Settle in: làm quen
- Be stress-free (adj): không căng thẳng
3. Bài mẫu topic Getting up early – IELTS Speaking part 3
3.1. Why do some people get up early? Why do some people hate getting up early?
Well, I guess people differ in their routines. Nowadays people have to work around the clock and some actually have to stay up late at night or even pull all-nighters to meet deadlines. This results in the feeling of lethargy the next morning, explaining why they have to struggle to wake up. Others, however, are full of beans when the sun is out and perform way better in the morning. All in all, I guess it is just a matter of habits.
- Work around the clock: làm suốt ngày đêm
- Pull a all-nighter: thức trắng đêm
- Lethargy (n): cảm giác uể oải
- Be full of beans: tràn đầy năng lượng
3.2. Why do some people like to stay up late?
From my point of view, a lot of people today, especially the young, are drawn towards exciting activities that happen at night, like parties and concerts. When all of the daytime work is done, this is the time when they can hang out and enjoy themselves, you know, because we only live once and we wouldn’t want to miss every single moment of joy and happiness.
Others are simply night owls. Some tell me that they often feel sluggish during the day and can only get down to work in the middle of the night. This explains why these people possess a different time zone from most of us.
- Night owl (n): cú đêm (chỉ người thức khuya)
- Sluggish (adj): uể oải, mệt mỏi
- Get down to work: bắt tay vào việc
3.3. What kinds of occasions need people to arrive early?
As we all know, punctuality displays a person’s respect for people and their time, so under no circumstances should anyone show up late. To formal ceremonies such as a wedding or a funeral, which require a large amount of organization and planning, it is even more important for everybody to arrive earlier than expected.
The late-comers usually give an impression that they do not value the others’ time or consider their time more important than that of others. People who are going on a trip may also have to arrive at the airport or train station prior to their departure time. This allows them to have more time for the check-in process, creating a stress-free travel experience.
- Punctuality (n): sự đúng giờ
- Late-comer (n): người đi trễ
- Stress-free (adj): không căng thẳng
Trên đây là bài mẫu IELTS Speaking chi tiết về chủ đề Getting up early, hy vọng chia sẻ trên sẽ giúp ích được bạn trong quá trình học IELTS. Chúc bạn sớm đạt được band điểm IELTS Speaking mong muốn nhé!
Và nếu bạn đang tìm kiếm một khóa học trực tuyến, có cam kết đầu ra rõ ràng và cùng luyện với giáo viên 8.0 IELTS thì hãy tham khảo Khóa học IELTS Online tại Vietop nhé!