IELTS Speaking chủ đề Leisure Time – thời gian rảnh. Đây là một chủ đề tuy quen thuộc nhưng nhiều bạn vẫn còn chưa nắm chắc được cách triển khai, với bài viết ngày hôm nay, Vietop giới thiệu đến các bạn bài mẫu Topic Leisure Time IELTS Speaking cả 3 phần nhé!
1. Từ vựng và cấu trúc topic Leisure time IELTS Speaking
1.1. Từ vựng và cấu trúc topic Leisure time
- Free time = leisure time = spare time: thời gian rảnh rỗi
- I like + V_ing = I’m quite keen on + V_ing = I’m a big fan of + Ving: diễn tả việc thích làm gì đó
- Leisure activity: hoạt động trong thời gian rảnh
- Appeal (v): hấp dẫn
- Intrigue (v) somebody: làm cho ai đó thích thú, hứng thú
- Recreational activity: hoạt động giải trí
- Take part in = join = participate: tham gia
- Once in a while = sometimes: thỉnh thoảng
- A piece of cake: dễ như ăn kẹo
- Once in a blue moon: hiếm khi
- Leisure pursuit (n) thú vui theo đuổi
- To unwind: thư giãn
- Nerve-racking (adj) căng thẳng
- To blow off some steam (idiom): giải tỏa căng thẳng (lưu ý: không dùng
blow off her/his/my/… steam)
- Up to the ears (idiom): bận ngập đầu
- To take on new challenges: đón nhận những thử thách mới
- Sky-diving (n) nhảy dù
- To have a crack at (= to try/ to give something a try) thử cái gì
- To be out of one’s comfort zone: ra khỏi vùng an toàn (cái gì đó hoàn toàn mới mẻ)
- Hectic (adj) = very busy: rất bận
- To be a big fan of something (= like something): là fan cuồng của điều gì đó
- To be of great/paramount importance: quan trọng (khi muốn nhấn mạnh)
- Call up /kɔːl ʌp/: gọi điện cho ai
- Treat oneself to /triːt wʌnˈsɛlf tə/: tự thưởng bản thân cái gì
- Night out /nʌɪt aʊt/: một buổi tối đi chơi
- Take a keen interest in /teɪk ə kiːn ɪnt(ə)rɪst ɪn/: có hứng thú, sự yêu thích với điều gì
- In the company /ɪn ðə kʌmp(ə)ni/: có bạn đồng hành
- Gang /ɡaŋ/: đám bạn
- Go to the movies /gou tu ðə ‘mu:viz/: đi xem phim
- Listen to music /’lisn tu ‘mju:zik/: nghe nhạc
- Read /ri:d/: đọc
- Write /rait/: viết
- Fishing /’fiʃiɳ/: câu cá
- Picnic /’piknik/: dã ngoại
- Go out with friends /gou aut wɪð frendz/: ra ngoài với bạn bè
- Study something /’stʌdi ‘sʌmθiɳ/: học môn gì đó
- Art and crafts /ɑ:t ənd krɑ:ft/: nghệ thuật và thủ công
- Exercise /’eksəsaiz/: tập thể dục
- Play a sport /plei ə spɔ:t/: chơi thể thao
- Surf the internet /sə:f ði ˈɪntənɛt/: lướt web
- Play video games /plei ‘vidiou geim/: chơi game
- Play a musical instrument /plei ə ‘mju:zikəl ‘instrumənt/: chơi nhạc cụ
- Go to the park /gou tu ðə pɑ:k/: đi công viên
- Go to cultural locations and events /gou tu ‘kʌltʃərəl lou’keiʃns ənd i’vents/: đi tới khu văn hóa và sự kiện
- Shopping /’ʃɔpiɳ/: mua sắm
- Cook /kuk/: nấu nướng
- Gardening /’gɑ:dniɳ/: làm vườn
- Watch TV /wɔtʃ tiːˈviː/: xem tivi
- Spend time with family /spend taim wɪð ‘fæmili/: dành thời gian cho gia đình
1.2. Một số cụm từ hay bạn nên sử dụng
|Take up = start
|I’ve recently taken up swimming.
|Take part in
|I frequently take part in group activities like…
|Get into = enjoy
|Recently I’ve been getting into fishing.
|Have a go at = try
|I’d really like to have a go at scuba diving.
|Idle away the hours = spend time
|In my time off I often idle away the hours by playing guitar.
Xem thêm: Cách học bảng chữ cái tiếng Anh
2. Bài mẫu topic Leisure time IELTS Speaking part 1
Mời mọi người nghe Audio topic Leisure – Part 1 tại đây nhé!
2.1. What do you do in your spare time?
To be honest I can’t remember when was the last time I had a particular free time since at present I’m having a 9 to 5 job and have to work on weekdays, sometimes even the weekends, which often exhausts me. But whenever I have some fresh air of my own, I would enjoy lying on a couch to relax by watching videos on Youtube or reading one of my favourite books – such simple activities provide me with an escape from my busy life.
- A 9 to 5 job (n): công việc nhàm chán, không mới mẻ
- To exhaust sb/sth (v): làm ai đó, cái gì đó kiệt sức
- Some fresh air (n): bầu không khí trong lành = sự thoải mái, không bận bịu
- To provide sb with an escape from sth (v): giúp ai đó thoát khỏi cái gì đó
2.2. What do you like to do on the weekends?
As I’ve said, I’m living a life with such a heavy workload thus I don’t really have a true weekend for myself. Though I would appreciate a Saturday evening when I could possibly relax and unwind with my dogs before going back to work on Sunday.
- A heavy workload (n): khối lượng công việc nặng nề
- Thus (linking word): do đó, vậy nên
- To appreciate (v): bầu không khí trong lành = sự thoải mái, không bận bịu
- To relax and unwind (v): thư giãn và nghỉ ngơi
2.3. Which hobby do you like to try in the future?
Photography. I recently found out that I truly enjoy taking photos since they are a great way to capture a moment in time, and I love editing them too – both on my phone and on my computer. The ability to create aesthetic pictures is always a fun thing to do in my spare time.
- To capture a moment in time (v): chụp lại khoảnh khắc
- Ability (n): khả năng
- Aesthetic (adj): thuộc về nghệ thuật, thẩm mỹ
2.4. Do you like to spend your free time with families or friends
Well, if I had to choose I would go with my family. I live far from my family because I have moved to the city to study at university for two years. Therefore, I take advantage of my free time to come back home and visit them.
2.5. What do you do in your free time
Well I enjoy a variety of activities such as playing badminton, reading books, and swimming. However, most of the time, I stick to books which always intrigue me somehow and provide me with a great deal of knowledge. So I’m a fan of weight lifting so I’ve been doing it for a few years now. I feel like working out really helps me to look and feel much better. Well, you know, so one of my leisure pursuits is playing the guitar. So I’ve played the guitar since I was an 8th grader. I think it’s a fantastic way to just unwind after a long day at work.
2.6. Do you think hobbies are important
With today modern lifestyles, I feel like work and study are the nerve-racking part of our lives. And therefore hobbies are extremely necessary. We all need to blow off some steam, so that you know our minds are ready to take on new challenges.
I think hobbies and pastimes are of paramount importance in modern society, because nowadays life is incredibly hectic, and people are always up to the ears with work and deadlines. So, it’s important to do something in your leisure time to just chill and recover from all that stress.
2.7. Do you spend your free time at home or outside
I would prefer to be at home in my leisure time because I feel peaceful and relaxed when I can read books in my room or watering my flower pots in the garden. However, hanging out with friends is a good idea, I also do it sometimes.
2.8. Which hobby you like to try in the future
So I have acrophobia which is an extreme fear of height. So as crazy as it may seem, I really want to try sky-diving. Because, you know, I just wanna try something that is out of my comfort zone.
So in the future I would love to have a crack at extreme sports. It sounds crazy, you know, but I want to give sky-diving a try. I think free falling from enormous altitudes looks like a lot of fun.
2.9. What will do if you go out?
If I have to go out, I would definitely call my best friend up and ask her to go somewhere with me, like the movies for example. When we feel flush, we might treat ourselves to a spa day to release all the stress from our enormous schoolwork.
2.10. When you go out for an evening, what do you like to do?
I think for most girls, dressing up is an essential part before a night out, and I’m no exception. I take a keen interest in fashion, so it feels like my responsibility to choose the most appropriate outfit. I also love make up, that’s why I can never go out without putting on my lipstick.
3. Bài mẫu topic Leisure time IELTS Speaking part 2
Mời mọi người nghe Audio topic Leisure – Part 2 tại đây nhé!
Describe what you usually do in your leisure time.
You should say:
- What you do
- Who you do it with
- Where you do it
And explain why you like to spend your free time this way.
When talking about my leisure activity, the first thing that springs into my mind would be enjoying myself without anyone else. The reason for this is since I have to work with other people the whole week, a little time alone at the weekend would help me refresh my mind as well as find my inner peace after a stressful week with tons of workload.
By means of being alone and unwinded, I truly love lying on a couch with my dogs and reading books. Reading is a good way for me to feel totally comfortable and relaxed as I could find myself in another world. With books in your hand, you could widen your horizon with endless knowledge and even entertain yourself with your imagination. This reading activity, moreover, provides me with creativity that could help a lot when I’m writing – which is a side job that requires me to have a good mind’s eye and to think outside the box. So that I could say, reading is both useful and intriguing.
Having developed the hobby of reading books since childhood, I’ve always dreamed of a day when I could have a library of my own – filled with all the books that I treasured. Though I guess spending on those books would cost me an arm and a leg, it is worth trying.
- The first thing that springs into one’s mind (v): điều đầu tiên ai đó nghĩ đến
- Inner peace (n): sự tĩnh lặng trong tâm hồn
- To widen one’s horizon (v): mở rộng góc nhìn, kiến thức của ai đó
- Endless (adj): vô tận
- Mind’s eyes (n): đồng nghĩa với imagination – sự tưởng tượng
- To think outside the box (v): nghĩ một cách sáng tạo, không khuôn mẫu
- To treasure sth (v): quý trọng, cất giữ như báu vật
- S.th cost an arm and a leg (adj): thứ gì đó vô cùng đắt đỏ hoặc rất khó để giành được
4. Bài mẫu topic Leisure time IELTS Speaking part 3
Mời mọi người nghe Audio topic Leisure – Part 3 tại đây nhé!
4.1. Is Leisure time important to everyone? Why?
Absolutely. To my mind, leisure time can help us lower stress after a long day of working or studying, which could improve your quality of life, so it’s something worth making time for. Just like when we charge our phones, we will need to recharge our energy by enjoying some free time so that we would be able to continue working the next day.
- Something worth making time for (n): điều gì đó xứng đáng để bỏ thời gian ra
- Charge (v): sạc pin
- Recharge (v): sạc lại, nạp lại
Xem ngay: Khóa học IELTS Cấp tốc – Cam kết tăng ít nhất 0.5 – 1.0 band score SAU 1 THÁNG HỌC
4.2. How has the way we spend free time changed over the years?
I would say that there are more digital distractions such as TV, and smartphones, than real people-to-people interactions, making the current youth spend their time on their mobile phones or the Internet all the time, which is almost different from their previous generation, for example.
Leisure has dramatically evolved over the centuries and across cultures, which to me is a natural phenomenon, as people always tend to spend their leisure time doing things they enjoy. However, the real free time available is also shrinking due to heavy and stressful work life nowadays, thus some people don’t have enough time for themselves.
- Digital distractions (n): những thứ khiến chúng ta phân tâm làm từ điện tử, kỹ thuật số (điện thoại, TV,…)
- Real people-to-people interactions (n): tương tác thật giữa người với người
- Previous generation (n): thế hệ trước
- Dramatically (adv): đáng kể
- Evolve (v): thay đổi
- Shrink (v): co lại, rút lại
4.3. Do women have more leisure time than men?
I believe that the amount of leisure time of a person would likely be based more on their profession than their gender. For example, an average office worker would have more time for themselves than a doctor or a teacher, despite their gender. However, becoming parents could change people’s time use patterns. Some women even have to continue to deal with house chores and take care of children after a day of work, while after getting married and having children, usually men would spend more time than women in leisure activities.
- Gender (n): giới tính
- Time use patterns (n): khung thời gian
- To deal with sth (v): đối mặt với, xử lý gì đó
- Leisure activities (n): hoạt động giải trí
Hy vọng sau khi đọc qua bài viết trên, các bạn đã tham khảo được nhiều ý tưởng và cách triển khai ý để có thể diễn đạt tốt hơn trong bài IELTS Speaking của mình. Chúc các bạn luyện thi IELTS tốt và IELTS Vietop hẹn các bạn ở những bài viết sau!