Part 1: Friends
1. Do you have a lot of close friends?
Well in fact, I would have to say that I have a small circle of friends, and thus I only have a few soulmates whom I can pour out my heart. There are two main explanations for this.
The main basis is probably because I am snowed under loads of work and in lack of time to keep in touch with my own best friends. We are only able to paint the town red with each other on rare occasions and send a few quick messages per week.
Additionally, a further rationale might be due to my personality and taste in friends. You know, I am quite introverted and sometimes overthink about stuff, so it is really few and far between for me to find someone who speaks the same language.
- pour out my heart (idiom): trải lòng, thổ lộ hết tâm can
- Be snowed under loads of work (idiom): bận ngập mặt
- paint the town red (idiom): quẩy cùng bạn bè
- taste (n): sở thích lựa chọn
- introverted (a): hướng nội
- overthink (v): suy nghĩ nhiều
- few and far between (idiom): hiếm/khó
- speaks the same language (idiom): có cùng tiếng nói/ suy nghĩ
→ Giải thích 2 lý do vì sao có ít bạn thân:
- vì bận rộn
- vì tính cách
Chú ý các cụm gạch chân liệt kê lý do.
2. Do you think friendship is important?
Well to be honest, it is undeniable that friends are always dear to our hearts. They are the ones whom we can confide in and ask for advice whenever you have trouble, especially our best friends. Such bonds should be cherished for life.
At the same time, other ties with our family and colleagues at work should not be overstated, particularly when we grow more mature. You know, life is not what it seems. It is so much more.
- dear to our hearts (idiom): giữ vị trí quan trọng trong tim
- confide in (v): tín nhiệm
- cherished (a): trân trọng
- overstated (a): nói quá lên
→ Sử dụng mô tuýp phân 2 chiều sự việc:
- tình bạn quan trọng
- nhưng những mối quan hệ khác cũng cần giữ gìn
Học sinh có thể chọn liệt kê những lợi ích khi có được những người bạn tốt.
3. How often do you go out with your friends?
In all fairness, I guess it depends on different circumstances. To be more exact, if I have some downtime at the weekend, then we would probably spend the whole Sunday evening having a whale of a time at our favorite places, such as restaurants or coffee shops, where we can unwind and indulge ourselves in quality time together.
On the other hand, if I am up to my ears with work, then I’ll stay at home and work my fingers to the bone to finish them. We could just text or call each other via our social network accounts.
- have some downtime (idiom): có ít thời gian rảnh rỗi
- having a whale of a time (idiom): tận hưởng/ có khoảng thời gian vui vẻ
- unwind (v): thư giãn
- indulge ourselves in (verb phrase): thưởng thức/ tận hưởng
- up to my ears with work (idiom): bận ngập mặt
- work my fingers to the bone (idiom): làm việc cật lực
→Sử dụng mô tuýp đề cập các tình huống có thể diễn ra.
- khi có thời gian rảnh thì đi chơi với nhau
- khi bận thì chỉ nhắn tin
- Chú ý các thành ngữ miêu tả bận/ rảnh
4. What do you and your friends do together?
Generally, we are fond of different activities when hanging out together.
Precisely, we are a huge fan of exploring numerous restaurants and cuisines in our city. We have tried from high-class top lists to street vendors, from Western to Asian ones. You could say that we are clearly scavenging foodies.
Besides, we are also into riding around the city when the night falls. Although it’s fairly dangerous to talk and keep an eye on the road at the same time, we can’t help it. The cool atmosphere, the dwellers we come across, the retreat from daily hectic schedules. Those little things can just make our day.
- street vendors (noun phrase): người bán hàng rong
- scavenging foodies (noun phrase): tín đồ ẩm thực
- keep an eye on (idiom): để mắt tới
- can’t help it (phrase): không cưỡng lại được
- retreat (n): rút lui/ thoát khỏi
- make one’s day (idiom): làm ai đó vui cả ngày
→ Sử dụng mô tuýp liệt kê các hoạt động thường làm cùng bạn. Lưu ý các cụm dùng để miêu tả sở thích .
Describe a uniform you wear (at your school or company).
You should say:
- When you wear it?
- Who bought it for you?
- What does it look like?
And explain how you feel about it.
As you gave me this topic, the first thing that comes to mind would be my highschool sportswear.
If memory serves me correctly, it was during the orientation week when freshmen entered grade 10. It was handed out to the whole class by our form teacher. Each student had to pay for it, and it was at a price to suit everyone’s pocket. It came with a T-shirt and a pair of trousers, and students could purchase a few more ones at their disposal.
In terms of its appearance and material, it was made in synthetic fiber and dyed in dark blue. It was an excellent choice because of its strength, flexibility, and resilience. The color may fade away after a year, yet it can handle wear and tear pretty well. Each school year will have a different colored band on the shoulders, the prints, and the sides of the trousers. Mine was baby blue which was rather cute.
Additionally, only in Physical Education classes, community work, and sports activities could we put it on. Most of the students loved it because the uniform was comfortable and form-fitting. Our highschool launched multiple vigorous extracurricular activities throughout the school year, so it had become essential to us.
To cut the long story short, that uniform is definitely a piece of clothing that brings back a lot of sentimental memories in highschool.
- orientation week (noun phrase): tuần định hướng
- form teacher (noun phrase): giáo viên chủ nhiệm
- at their disposal (phrase): tuỳ nghi sử dụng
- synthetic fiber (noun phrase): sợi tổng hợp
- dye (v): nhuộm
- strength (n): bền/ chắc chắn
- flexibility (n): uyển chuyển/ linh hoạt
- resilience (n): co giãn tốt
- wear and tear (phrase): hao mòn
- form-fitting (a): vừa vặn ôm vào dáng người
- vigorous extracurricular activities (noun phrase): các hoạt động ngoại khóa sôi nổi
- sentimental memories (noun phrase): ký ức tình cảm
→ Bài giải miêu tả các nội dung về THỜI GIAN MUA, CHẤT LIỆU/ HÌNH DÁNG, và KHI NÀO MẶC. Thí sinh có thể chọn miêu tả áo dài hoặc đồng phục sơ mi. Lưu ý các từ miêu tả chất liệu vải.
Part 3: Uniforms
1. Why do some companies have uniforms or a dress code?
Well, I guess there are a few advantages when establishing rules about what to wear at some organizations.
But I guess the most prominent would be for the sake of being professional or for matters of etiquette. It has something to do with the way we perceive others based on their appearance, you know. A businessman dressing sharply is perhaps worth his salt and is successful.
Another benefit worth mentioning would be the marketing effect that uniforms could offer when employees wear clothes on which logos or names of the brands are printed.
- establishing rules (verb phrase): thiết lập các quy tắc
- for the sake of (phrase): vì lợi ích của
- etiquette (n): phép lịch sự
- perceive (v): nhận thức
- worth his salt (idiom): đáng tin
→ Liệt kê 2 lợi ích của việc sử dụng đồng phục
- vì chuyên nghiệp và phép lịch sự
- vì quảng bá thương hiệu
2. Should employees have a say about their uniforms?
Honestly, I guess my answer would be determined by different circumstances.
Particularly, if they have issues with the fabric or the size, then their comments or feedback should be taken into account because they have to wear them from nine to five. Tight or unbreathable clothes might affect their health or mood, thus their productivity.
However, things with the design like the colors should not be raised among staff since it is in accordance with the company’s branding.
- taken into account (phrase): xem xét
- from nine to five (idiom): làm quần quật cả ngày
- unbreathable (a): bí bách
- productivity (n): năng suất
- in accordance with (phrase): phù hợp với
→ Đề cập 2 trường hợp nên hoặc không nên để nhân viên góp ý về đồng phục
3. Do you think students should wear uniforms when going to school?
Well based on my experience, it is fairly educational when compelling adolescents to follow the schools’ dress code. It ensures fairness, homogeneity, and the students’ concentration on learning.
But I assume that older students entering colleges or universities should have freedom of choosing what they wear. It’s the glorious time of their youth when they should be allowed to express themselves in ways that suit their characteristics.
- compel (v): bắt buộc
- adolescents (n): thanh thiếu niên
- fairness (n): công bằng
- homogeneity (n): sự đồng nhất (ai cũng như nhau)
- the students’ concentration: sự tập trung của học sinh
→ Liệt kê 2 nhóm đối tượng nên hoặc không nên mặc đồng phục:
- học sinh thì nên
- sinh viên thì được tự do mặc đồ họ thích
Trên đây là giải đề IELTS Speaking ngày 01/10/2022, hy vọng đã giúp bạn có nhiều từ vựng và ý tưởng hơn để triển khai trong phần thi của mình nhé! Và nếu đang luyện thi IELTS thì hãy liên hệ với Vietop để được tư vấn nếu học mãi mà vẫn chưa nâng điểm được nhé.