Nếu như các bạn để ý thì dường như trong bất kỳ một kỳ thi ngôn ngữ nào cũng sẽ nhắc đến chủ đề “Education”. Chủ đề này cũng là một đứa con cưng trong mỗi kỳ thi IELTS của chúng ta được trải dài từ Part 1 cho đến tận Part 3 và được biến hoá khôn lường.
Xem thêm cùng chuyên mục đáng chú ý:
A. Một số từ vựng và cụm từ hay cho chủ đề “Education”
1. Khi nói về bằng cấp (Theo thứ tự từ cấp học nhỏ cho đến học vị Tiến sĩ)
- Nursery school: trường mẫu giáo (thường cho trẻ từ 3-5 tuổi)
- Infant school: trường cho trẻ từ 4-7 tuổi (thường dùng trong hệ thống trường ở Anh và xứ Wales)
- Kindergarten: trường mẫu giáo (thường dùng ở Mỹ, bao gồm Nursery và infant school)
- Primary school: trường cấp 1
- Secondary school: trường cấp 2
- High school: trường cấp 3 ( từ cấp 1 đến cấp 3 nếu như được cấp bằng sẽ dùng với từ diploma. Ví dụ: High school diploma: bằng cấp 3)
- University / College: trường đại học/ cao đẳng
- Bachelor’s degree: bằng cử nhân
- Master’s degree: bằng thạc sỹ
- PhD degree: bằng tiến sĩ
2. Các mô hình giáo dục
- State school = public school: trường nhà nước/ trường công
- Private school: trường tư nhân
- Distance learning: học từ xa (học bằng hình thức online)
- Boarding school: trường nội trú
- Face-to-face classes: lớp học truyền thống (tới lớp học trực tiếp với giáo viên)
- Higher education: Học cao học
3. Một số cụm từ thông dụng trong chủ đề giáo dục
- To fall behind with your studies: Bị chậm trong việc học
- To give feedback: đưa ra nhận xét
- A graduation ceremony: Lễ tốt nghiệp
- An intensive course: một khoá học chuyên sâu
- To learn by heart: học thuộc lòng
- To meet deadlines: nộp bài kịp thời hạn
- To play truant: cúp học
- To sit an exam: Đi thi
- Tuition fees: học phí
Nên lựa chọn khóa học IELTS như thế nào phù hợp với bạn -Tìm hiểu ngay
Part 1 – Topic School
1. How old were you when you started school?
At the age of six, I started formal schooling. Back then, I had no option but to attend the elementary school in town, which was just a small local elementary school.
2. How did you get to school each day?
Most of the time my mom or dad would drive me to school. When they were busy with their work, though, they would simply ask a relative or even an acquaintance to accompany me instead. Sometimes I had to walk to school as well, if none of them were available.
3. What did you like about your school?
A lot, I would say. As I previously said, my school was fairly near to my home, so it did not take a lot of time to commute to and from school. Furthermore, all of my teachers and friends were really helpful and were always there to assist me with my concerns.
4. What were some of the most popular activities at primary school?
At the time, most youngsters in the playground played together. Aside from class, we held events to honor national heroes who died fighting for our country’s independence. These gatherings often featured a singing competition, which I was fond of.
Part 2 – Chủ đề Talk about your school
|Describe a school that you went to|
You should say:
– Where the school was
– When you went there
– What the school and the teachers were like
And explain what you liked and disliked about it.
…I’d like to talk about Nguyen Khuyen private school, To me, it is perhaps the toughest but funniest high school in the entire city.
Nguyen Khuyen Private school is located in Tan Binh, a busy and lively district in Ho Chi Minh city. The school offers young students ranging from primary school to high school with a full range of facilities for the best education as a boarding school. Many parents and students from both urban and rural areas have to get in line to wait for their turn to apply for the school’s summer semester. This school is always reputable for its excellent academic results as well as its strict self-regulation lessons as in the army.
It dated back to when I was in grade 10 that my mother addressed me to this school. I studied there until I got my high school diploma and was ready to have my university’s entrance test. I had such a diligent period learning at this school within solid observations from my teachers. However, I have to admit that I also had fond of captivating memories while learning there.
Also, the thing that appealed to me most of all was the fun time when my peers and I did some physical activities in the school yard and enjoyed our meals after a hard-working day. Once a year, we had our trip of the lifetime to somewhere off the beaten tracks together. Those memories are things that I will never forget and I always consider those as my pride in my youth.
- Tough (adj): khó khăn, gay go
- Full range of facilities: đầy đủ trang thiết bị/ cơ sở vật chất
- Boarding school (n): trường nội trú
- Reputable (adj): có danh tiếng
- Self-regulation: tự quản
- Diligent (adj): siêng năng, cần cù
- Fond (adj): yêu dấu, đáng yêu
Part 3: School and subjects
1. What courses/subjects will be helpful in future work?
I believe foreign language and international communication training will be beneficial. As the world becomes more globalized, the ability to know at least one foreign language will be advantageous in the employment market. Knowledge of cultural norms and the manner in which individuals think and interpret messages will reduce misinterpretation in intercultural communication.
- Globalize (v): toàn cầu hoá
- Cultural norms (n): quy tắc xã hội
- Manner (n): cách cư xử
2. Do you think students should choose to study the subjects they like?
Well, I do believe that topics such as Math, Literature, and at least one Foreign Language should be required for all students and they should take these basic lessons at school. Other subjects, like Arts and Music, on the other hand, should be electives, since I believe few students desire to work in the creative business or see it as a career path.
- Elective (n): môn tự chọn
3. According to you, what will school be like in the future?
I believe that in the future, schools will emphasize the application of knowledge and skills to real-world contexts, rather than mindless memorization. I also believe and hope that there will be a greater focus on the well-rounded development of each pupil.
- Mindless (adj): vô tri
- Well-rounded development: sự phát triển toàn diện
Vietop hy vọng rằng những kiến thức và bài mẫu được chia sẻ ở trên sẽ là nguồn tài liệu tham khảo hiệu quả cho các chủ đề tương tự trong bài thi IELTS Speaking. Hãy chia sẽ bài viết này nếu bạn thấy hữu ích và đừng quên tham khảo thêm Top những chủ đề IELTS Speaking Part 2 thường gặp nhất để chuẩn bị tật tốt cho phần thi Speaking nhé.