Thông thường, với những câu có giới từ ở cuối mệnh đề quan hệ thì chúng ta có thể lược bỏ đại từ quan hệ trong câu. Tuy nhiên, trong IELTS Writing, giới từ trong mệnh đề quan hệ thường không nên đặt ở cuối câu, mà chúng ta nên để chúng ở trước đại từ quan hệ (thường là which, whom). Khi sử dụng cấu trúc này, ta không thể lược bỏ đại từ quan hệ.
- He is the person (whom) I fell in love with.
-> He is the person with whom I fell in love. (Anh ấy là người mà tôi yêu).
- The shop (which) you told me about is closed.
-> The shop about which you told me is closed. (Cái cửa hàng mà bạn kể cho tôi đã đóng cửa).
- The place (that) we learned about was in Africa.
-> The place about which we learned was in Africa. (Nơi mà chúng ta học về là ở Châu Phi).
Xem thêm bài viết nhiều người quan tâm nhất:
A. Join the sentences by changing the second of each pair into a relative clause.
1. That’s the ship. We travelled on it.
2. That’s the type of sport. I know nothing about it.
3. Here is the address. You should write to this address.
4. The book belongs to me. You were looking at it just now.
5. I couldn’t recognize the house. He lived in it.
6. A travel agency has booked the hotel. Jim is going to stay in it.
7. Those are the boys. Michael is hiding from them.
8. He didn’t get the job. He applied for it.
9. I wasn’t interested in the things. They were talking about them.
10. I don’t know the boy. They went with him.
11. The people are very nice. I work with them.
12. What’s the music? You are listening to it.
13. I found the book. He has been looking for it.
14. The yellow car is my car. Everybody is looking at it.
B. Complete each sentence using in, with, under, without, for, at + relative pronoun (which or whom)
1. My girlfriend, …………. I waited at the airport, arrived late.
2. The Browns, ……… she has quarrelled, are rather envious people.
3. The house ……….. Copernicus was born is now a museum.
4. Fortunately she had satellite navigation, ……….. she would have got lost.
5. The woman ………I was smiling was very pretty.
6. The tree ……… they had their picnic was the largest in the garden.
1. That’s the ship on which we travelled.
2. That’s the type of sport about which I know nothing.
3. Here is the address to which you should write.
4. The book at which you were looking just now belongs to me.
5. I couldn’t recognise the house in which he lived.
6. A travel agency has booked the hotel in which Jim is going to stay.
7. Those are the boys from whom Michael is hiding.
8. He didn’t get the job for which he applied.
9. I wasn’t interested in the things about which they were talking.
10. I don’t know the boy with whom they went.
11. The people with whom I work are very nice.
12. What’s the music to which you are listening?
13. I found the book for which he has been looking.
14. The yellow car at which everybody is looking is my car.
1. My girlfriend, for whom I waited at the airport, arrived late.
2. The Browns, with whom she has quarrelled, are rather envious people.
3. The house in which Copernicus was born is now a museum.
4. Fortunately she had satellite navigation, without which she would have got lost.
5. The woman at whom I was smiling was very pretty.
6. The tree under which they had their picnic was the largest in the garden.
Hãy chia sẻ bài viết này nếu thấy hữu ích nhé!