Trong bài viết ngày hôm nay IELTS Vietop sẽ chia sẻ đến bạn bộ từ vựng và bài mẫu topic Accommodation – IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2, 3 nhằm giúp những bạn đang luyện thi IELTS nâng vốn từ vựng của mình lên nhé!
1. Từ vựng chủ đề Accommodation
1.1. Vị trí của accommodation
- In the heart of the city: trung tâm thành phố;
- Densely populated area: khu đông dân cư;
- A lot of hustle and bustle: xô bồ ồn ào trong cuộc sống
- In the suburbs/outskirts: vùng ngoại ô
1.2. Phân loại các loại nhà
- An apartment block/block of flats: dãy nhà, khối căn hộ liền kề
- A thatched cottage: nhà tranh, nhà gỗ theo phong cách châu âu, thường xuất hiện ở vùng quê
- A mobile home: nhà di động
- Flat: căn hộ
- Residential area: khu dân cư
- Penthouse: cao ốc thông tầng, thường nằm ở vị trí cao nhất của 1 toà nhà.
- Mansion: dinh thự
- Campus: khu ký túc xá đại học
- Igloo: nhà bằng đá
Xem thêm: Cách học bảng chữ cái tiếng Anh
1.3. Các phòng/ khu vực trong nhà
- Dining room: phòng ăn
- Lounge: sảnh, phòng chờ/ sinh hoạt chung
- Garage: ga ra
- Garden: vườn
- Lawn: bãi cỏ
- Fence: hàng rào
- Terrace: khu vực ở giữa ban công và phòng (thường rộng hơn balcony và có khoảng không gian trồng cây)
- Patio: hiên, hè sau nhà (thường dùng để uống trà chiều, đọc sách, thư giãn)
- Kitchen ➔ kitchen appliances: nhà bếp và thiết bị đồ dùng nhà bếp
- Hall of residence: sảnh chung ở ký túc xá
- Attic: tầng gác mái
- Balcony: ban công
- Backyard: sân sau
1.4. Các tính từ miêu tả chỗ ở
- Big ⇒ spacious, airy: rộng rãi, thoáng đãng
- Small ⇒ stuffy, confined, cramped: nhỏ, chật chội
- Convenient, comfortable: tiện lợi, thoải mái
- Low/high rent: giá thuê thấp/cao
- Affordable and reasonable rent: giá thuê hợp lý và có thể chi trả được
- Two-storey house: nhà 2 tầng
- Warm and cozy (a): ấm cúng
- Fully-furnished (a): đầy đủ nội thất
1.5. Các từ vựng cần thiết khác
- Dream home: ngôi nhà trong mơ
- Amenity: sự tiện nghi
- Close-knit community: cộng đồng dân cư có mối quan hệ khăn khít
- Add an extension: xây hoặc lắp thêm (nội thất, phòng ốc) cần thiết vào
- High-rise apartments: căn hộ (cao cấp) nhiều tầng
- Mod cons (n): sự tiện nghi hiện đại
- Home comforts: sự tiện nghi trong nhà
- Do up (an old house): nâng cấp nhà
- Refurbish (v): tân trang nhà cửa
- Overlook (a garden): nhìn ra (ngoài vườn)
- House-warming party: tiệc tân gia
- Façade: mặt tiền
2. Bài mẫu chủ đề Accommodation – IELTS Speaking part 1
Mời bạn cùng nghe Podcast bài mẫu Part 1 của IELTS Vietop nhé:
2.1. Do you live in a house or an apartment?
I live in a house that is located in a small alley in district 3 with my family. Because of district 3 is considered as the heart of Ho Chi Minh city, all amenities are available within walking distance, like markets, churches, hospitals and all kinds of fashion shops and restaurants. That means I can easily grab anything I need in just a few minutes. So I really enjoy my life there.
2.2. Would you like to move to a different home in the future?
Although my current accommodation is perfectly fine, I would love to experience living in a cottage once. Since it was my childhood dream to live near a forest, a small thatched-roof and rustic house located quietly at the the edge of a jungle would be my dream house.
It would be made of timber and have 2 rooms, one’s for me and the other is for the guests. It sounds small but it would be cozy and fully-furnitured by only environmentally friendly interior ornaments and other necessary mod cons.
Xem ngay: Khóa học IELTS 1 kèm 1 – Chỉ 1 thầy và 1 trò chắc chắn đạt điểm đầu ra
2.3. How is your apartment decorated?
My home is styled in a minimal way. Almost everything is painted in plain white, and a few landscape paintings and all small blue modern ornaments act as delicate touches. The interior design is simple, yet convenient and very pleasant to look at.
2.4. What is your favorite room in your home? Why?
Definitely my own bedroom. It’s the personal space where I can do whatever I want without getting scolded by my mom. Besides, my bedroom is an ideal place for me to avoid noise, so I tend to lock myself up in my bedroom whenever I need to concentrate on my study.
2.5. Do you plan to live there for a long time?
Answer 1: My answer would be yes. I have nothing to complain about with my current accommodation. Everything is up to par, from the neighbours to the vicinity to amenities. That’s why my family has no intention of leaving this wonderful neighbourhood.
Answer 2: That was never my plan. Two years ago I decided to rent a room here because my house was too far and it took me forever to get to my office. But I only stay here for maybe 1 or 2 years more before I can afford a house of my own.
2.6. Do you have a garden?
Unfortunately, no. There is not enough space for a garden in our flat, but I would love to have one in the future. I think every household needs a green space, not only because it is aesthetically pleasing, but also because it is a good way to get in touch with the natural world.
3. Bài mẫu chủ đề Accommodation – IELTS Speaking part 2
You should say: Describe a house or apartment you would like to live in the future.
- Where it is
- What kind of accommodation it is
- What it is like
And how you feel about this dream house/apartment.
Mời bạn cùng nghe Podcast bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 2 của IELTS Vietop nhé:
When reading this cue card, I immediately think of the house I would like to live in when I’m wealthy. Personally I’d prefer to live in a flat of a high, luxurious apartment building, or what people often call a penthouse. I’d like my flat to be pretty high, maybe on the 20th floor because I want to stay away from all the traffic, deafening sounds and insects. Also, a large, airy balcony and big windows viewing out the city will be a must because I want my house to be full of natural light, and fully ventilated. There’s nothing I would like better than a spacious, comfy and tranquil living atmosphere.
As for the primary color of the house, I think it would look perfect painted in white with a slight touch of green. White is said to convey a sense of purity, cleanliness, and peacefulness to the house, and green would help uplift my mood when I’m down in the dumps. Obviously, the apartment needs to be furnished with modernized appliances, such as a double-door refrigerator, an interactive TV, or an air purifier.
Additionally, it would be wonderful if I could have a fully-equipped kitchen so that I can fulfill my desire to become a food vlogger. And I should not forget to mention one of the crucial components of my ideal home, which is a room solely devoted to listening to music and watching movies. It would be a dream come true to have a home cinema of my own, where I can invite my friends over to let off steam after a long day at work.
It’s a long way till the day I can own such a perfect and, of course, costly house, but I’ll bring my A-game so that I can realize all my dreams.
- Wealthy (adj): giàu có
- Penthouse (n): căn hộ cao nhất của một toà nhà
- Fully ventilated: thông khí
- Spacious (adj): rộng rãi
- Comfy (adj): thoải mái
- Tranquil (adj): yên tĩnh
- Purity (n): sự thuần khiết
- Uplift one’s mood: khiến ai đó vui lên
- Be down in the dumps: cảm thấy buồn
- Fully-equipped (adj): được trang bị đầy đủ thiết bị
- Let off steam: xả hơi, thư giãn
- Bring one’s A-game: cố gắng hết sức
Xem ngay: Khóa học IELTS Youth – CAM KẾT TỐI THIỂU đầu ra IELTS 6.5
4. IELTS Speaking part 3 topic Accommodation
Mời bạn nghe Audio topic Accommodation – IELTS Speaking Part 3 tại đây nhé!
4.1. How easy is it to find a place to live in your country?
I would say that it depends on where you live, your money, and the trade-offs you are willing to make. If you don’t mind a long commute to work or having to drive everywhere, it’s very simple to find a reasonably priced house in the countryside. It starts to grow more expensive as you move closer to a metropolis.
It’s a different story in the city. Finding a place here might be very difficult, especially if you have a small family. I have no idea why, but families with young children or those who own pets don’t seem to be popular among those looking to rent a house.
- Commute (v): di chuyển
- Metropolis (n): thành phố lớn
4.2. Do you agree that there is a right age for young adults to stop living with their parents?
To be honest, I believe that my response would depend on a variety of factors. For instance, if I had been living in a western country, I would have agreed with the aforementioned viewpoint.
However, since different cultures have varying age restrictions, it is difficult to determine the ideal age at which a child can leave home without parental support. Consider Vietnam as an example. According to the law, children can begin to assume responsibility once they turn 18 years old, but it is generally accepted that we maintain the custom of living as an extended family forever.
- Extended family: gia đình lớn, nhiều thế hệ sống chung
4.3. What kinds of accommodation are common in your country?
In Vietnam, there are primarily two types of accommodation: private homes and apartments. The first is more common in rural areas or certain affluent suburban communities. Due to their low prices and high demand, the latter are becoming more prevalent in big cities.
4.4. How are relations between neighbours different in cities and in the countryside?
As I see it, people living in big cities do not know all or most of their neighbors, let alone talking to them. On the other hand, rural inhabitants are more likely to know most of their neighbors, but this does not always mean that they interact with their neighbors more frequently than their counterparts in metropolises. I suppose this comes down to the fact that people are increasingly prioritizing their privacy and personal space, leading to them spending more time indoors, rather than having face-to-face interactions with people next door.
- Prioritize (v): ưu tiên
- Face-to-face interaction: sự tương tác trực tiếp