Mặc dù đây là một chủ đề quen thuộc nhưng để có thể gây ấn tượng với giám khảo thì hãy tham khảo ngay một số câu hỏi và cách trả lời mẫu về Topic Birthdays – IELTS Speaking part 1 dưới đây nhé!
Một số chủ đề nhỏ về Birthdays có thể gặp
Trong phần thi IELTS Speaking part 1, rất dễ xảy ra việc giám khảo “thiên biến vạn hóa” câu hỏi để kiểm tra độ linh hoạt trong ý tưởng cũng như sự trôi chảy trong kỹ năng nói. Do đó, thay vì học thuộc câu trả lời, các luyện tập tốt nhất là chuẩn bị trước một số ý tưởng xung quanh các chủ đề nhỏ hơn (subtopics) của chủ đề Birthdays.
Một số chủ đề nhỏ về Birthdays các bạn có thể gặp trong bài thi IELTS Speaking part 1:
- Celebrating your birthday
- Birthday parties you participated in
- Birthday presents
- Reasons why people celebrate their birthday
- Whether celebrating birthday parties is a waste
Cùng Vietop tham khảo một số câu hỏi, câu trả lời mẫu về các chủ đề nhỏ và bỏ túi ngay những từ vựng cực hay trong IELTS Speaking Birthday Part 1 ngay dưới đây nhé!
Questions & Sample Answers: Topic Birthdays – IELTS Speaking part 1
Celebrating your birthday & Birthday presents
1. Do you enjoy your birthdays?
It’s the only day of the year that is truly special to me. I adore my birthdays to the moon and back. I make an effort to take a day off work and treat myself whatever I want. I am really eager for my birthday to come around again.
- To the moon and back (idiom): Nhiều hơn mọi thứ trên đời
- Make an effort to V = try to V (v): Cố gắng
- Eager = excited (a): Hào hứng
- Come around again (v): Đến một lần nữa
2. What do you usually do on your birthdays?
Actually, I don’t really fancy hosting big parties for my birthdays. I prefer a laid-back event like a small party with delectable cuisine. I normally go out to dine or hang out with my family and friends on my birthday, and the cherry on top is that I always get loads of birthday presents.
- A laid-back event (n): Một sự kiện thoải mái
- Delectable cuisine (n): Ẩm thực hấp dẫn
- The cherry on top (idiom): Điều đặc biệt nhất
- Loads of = Lots of (a): Nhiều
3. What kinds of birthday gifts do you like to receive?
On my birthday, what I enjoy the most is the simple fact that people remember the day I was born and truly care about choosing something for me. So, sometimes the presents I receive might not be what I personally adore or even be my cup of tea. But I’m most moved by the kindness and affection shown.
- My cup of tea (idiom): Sự yêu thích của tôi
- Be moved by (a): Bị lay động bởi
- Affection (n): Sự yêu mến
Birthday parties you participated in
1. What did you do on your birthday when you were a child?
The birthday cake eating experience with my family and friends is what I recall most clearly. Although I’ve never been a fan of cake, I’ve always believed that having a lovely birthday cake on one’s special day is vital. I would pray after turning off the lights in the room and lighting the candles. It was a significant time.
- Recall (v): Nhớ lại
- Pray (v): Ước
- Light the candles (v): Thắp nến
2. How did you celebrate your last birthday?
When talking about the most memorable birthday, the first thing that comes to mind was my last birthday. I have vivid memories of my last birthday since my family planned a surprise celebration for me. When I went home from school, they seemed to have completely forgotten my birthday but actually caught me off guard.
- Come to mind (v): Xuất hiện trong đầu
- Memorable (a): Đáng nhớ
- Vivid (a): Sống động
- Catch me off guard (v): Khiến tôi bất ngờ
Reasons why people celebrate their birthday
1. How do people often celebrate birthdays in your country?
People in Vietnam can celebrate their birthdays in a variety of ways. The most common activity is planning a party with their beloved family and friends. A birthday cake, cards, and gifts from the celebrants will also be given to the person being honored.
- Beloved (a): Yêu quý
- Celebrants (n): Người tổ chức
- Be honored (a): Được chúc mừng
2. Which birthdays are considered important in your country?
The 18th birthday is the only thing that comes to mind because it is such a wonderful age. At that age, a person is deemed to be an adult who is accountable for his or her actions. Additionally, individuals can purchase a driving license and consume alcohol after turning 18 years old.
- Be deemed to (a): Được coi là
- Accountable (a): Có trách nhiệm
- Purchase a driving license: Có bằng lái xe
- Consume alcohol: Uống đồ có cồn
3. Whose birthday do you think is the most important to celebrate in your country?
Birthdays of those who have made the most significant contributions to our society and country, such as the most outstanding statesmen, soldiers who have protected the nation, medical professionals who have saved lives, eminent scientists who have made ground-breaking discoveries, etc., should be honored.
- Make the most significant contributions: Có đóng góp quan trọng nhất
- The most outstanding statesmen, soldiers: Những chính khách, những chiến sĩ kiệt xuất nhất
- Eminent scientists: Những nhà khoa học lỗi lạc
- Make groundbreaking discoveries: Có những khám phá mang tính đột phá
4. Do you think it is important for you to celebrate your birthday?
Like myself, many individuals place a lot of significance on their birthdays. It’s a terrific opportunity for me to take stock of what I’ve accomplished thus far and what I have planned to do in the coming months because it signals the start of a new year or even a new stage in my life. It’s also a time when I can see everyone I care about at once and express my gratitude for their presence in my life.
- Place a lot of significance on: Đặt rất nhiều tâm tư, ý nghĩa vào
- Terrific (a): Tuyệt vời
- Take stock of (v): Ghi lại
- Accomplish (v): Đạt được
- Signal (v): Đánh dấu
- Express my gratitude: Bày tỏ lòng biết ơn
Whether celebrating birthday parties is a waste
1. Do most people celebrate their birthdays with a party in your country?
According to my knowledge, the majority of people in my country merely celebrate with a small gathering of their friends or family, while lavish celebrations are only for the wealthy. However, from my perspective, it isn’t necessary to celebrate a sizable party to commemorate your birthday. I perceive it as being conceited and boastful.
- Merely (adv): thường thường, đơn thuần
- Lavish celebration: Bữa tiệc xa hoa
- The wealthy (n): Người giàu có
- A sizable party: Một bữa tiệc lớn
- Commemorate (v): kỷ niệm
- Perceive (v): Cho rằng
- Conceited (a): Kiêu căng
- Boastful (a): Khoe khoang
2. Do you think celebrating birthday parties is a waste?
I don’t agree with that opinion. Celebrating birthday parties means that we can express our gratitude to those who are important to us, such as the spouse or the friend holding a birthday celebration. Celebrations allow us to reconnect with long-distance friends or bring extended families together. A wonderful method to maintain contact with family and friends and to foster cohesion among visitors is to celebrate together.
- Spouse (n): Vợ/ chồng
- Long-distance (a): Ở xa
- Extended family (n): Đại gia đình
- Foster cohesion: Thúc đẩy sự gắn kết
Hy vọng rằng qua bài viết này, các bạn học tiếng Anh nói chung và học IELTS nói riêng sẽ có được góc nhìn tổng quan nhất về Topic Birthdays – IELTS Speaking part 1. Chúc các bạn chinh phục thành công môn tiếng Anh!