Topic: Home/ accommodation
1. Do you liv e in a house or an apartment?
I live in a house that is located in a small alley in district 3 with my family. Because of district 3 is considered as the heart of Ho Chi Minh city, all amenities are available within walking distance, like markets, churches, hospitals and all kinds of fashion shops and restaurants. That means I can easily grab anything I need in just a few minutes. So I really enjoy my life there.
- The heart of the city: trung tâm thành phố
- Amenities (n): đồ thiết yếu
2. Would you like to move to a different home in the future?
Although my current accommodation is perfectly fine, I would love to experience living in a cottage once. Since it was my childhood dream to live near a forest, a small thatched-roof and rustic house located quietly at the the edge of a jungle would be my dream house.
- Cottage (n): nhà chòi
- Thatched-roof (n): mái lợp bằng lá
- Rustic (adj): mộc mạc, đơn sơ
3. How is your apartment decorated?
My home is styled in a minimal way. Almost everything is painted in plain white, and a few landscape paintings and all small blue modern ornaments act as delicate touches. The interior design is simple, yet convenient and very pleasant to look at.
- Minimal (adj): tối giản
- Ornament (n): đồ trang trí
1. Do you prefer to study in the mornings or in the afternoons?
- Clear-headed (adj): tỉnh táo
2. What subjects are you studying?
I’m a university student of Economics, currently I’m taking courses in Microeconomics, Philosophy and mandatory Physical Education.
3. Do you like your subjects?
Well yes, I like my major. I’ve always been fascinated by numbers and how societies work. Understanding the economy is crucial to understand societies.
- Be fascinated by s.th: bị hấp dẫn bởi điều gì
4. Do you have anything that you don’t like about your study?
Sometimes, the things that are taught in my classes seem to be outdated. The data that we use to do our analysis assignments are old. I’d rather study the current situation than what happened decades ago.
- Outdated (adj): lỗi thời
5. What technology do you use when you study?
I use my laptop to write my essays and also take online classes, especially during this covid pandemic. It’s such a blessing in disguise as I now manage my homework entirely online and it’s much easier than it used to be.
- A blessing in disguise: cái may trong cái rủi
1. Do you miss being a student?
Only sometimes. I miss being a carefree individual because I didn’t have to worry about the bills, the taxes, you know, adult problems. Despite those problems, I have more freedom now. I’m able to make money to be financially independent and even support my parents. This is what I prefer.
- Carefree (adj): vô tư
- Financially independent (adv + adj): tự chủ về tài chính
2. Do you like your job?
Absolutely, my job as a language teacher allows me to meet people from all walks of life. There are the young and talented school students and there are also people who are older and more mature than I am who seek to improve themselves and better their lives. I have to admit that I admire them.
- From all walks of life: đến từ mọi ngóc ngách của cuộc sống
- Mature (adj): chín chắn
- To better (v): cải thiện, nâng cao
3. Why did you choose to do that type of work?
To be honest this job comes with a lot of perks. I get to befriend new people and socialize with my students. You know, teaching and learning is an intensely social experience. I’m an outgoing person, so this job suits me perfectly.
- Befriend (v): kết bạn
4. What technology do you use at work?
Laptop, cell phone, projectors, tablets… you name it. Gone are the days of only using black board and white chalk. I can upload my announcements to my online classrooms. And it’s way easier now to manage a class than it used to be thanks to digitalisation.
- Digitalisation (n): sự số hóa
Xem ngay: Khóa học IELTS Online – Online trực tuyến cùng chuyên gia IELTS 8.5
1. What do you usually do on weekends?
First, I like to sleep a little later than normal, just because it’s more relaxing not to have to get up early like I usually do, but I don’t like getting up too late in the day because then I feel like I’ve wasted some of the weekend. I also like to have lunch or at least one meal with my parents over the weekend, depending on what I’m doing, and what their plans are.
2. Why do you think many people consider the weekend to be important?
People generally have more time at the weekend so they spend more time with people they love or doing things they really like rather than just studying or working. And, of course, it’s an opportunity to recharge your batteries before returning to work or whatever you do during the week, feeling more energized and ready to face up to the challenges again.
3. Do you like working on weekends?
I don’t think I do. I always spend the whole weekend with my family. I barely work on weekends.
4. Do you think employees should have to work on weekends?
If I were an employee, I would think this is a horrible idea. Employees are human, we all deserve to have some off-work time.
1. Do you like looking at yourself in the mirror? How often?
I look at myself in the mirror every day when I wake up; it’s sort of my morning ritual. I work in a professional environment, so I need to make sure I don’t look like a mess before leaving for work. At least I have to check if my hair is tidy, my makeup looks decent and my clothes are not wrinkled.
- Morning ritual (n): thói quen buổi sáng
- Leave for work: đi làm
- Wrinkle (v): làm nhăn
2. Do you usually take a mirror with you?
Yeah, sure. As a woman, I often keep a small mirror in my purse in case I need to touch up during the day. It’s like girls’ secret weapon.
- Touch up (v): chỉnh trang
- Secret weapon (n): vũ khí bí mật
3. Do you think mirrors are a necessary decoration?
I think the mirror is a very useful decorative item. With a beautiful wooden frame, it can nicely complement a living room or a bedroom, adding a more vintage look to it. However, with more modern design, it may serve the purpose of creating the illusion that the space is bigger than it actually is, and this technique is often used within small houses, coffee shops or restaurants.
- Illusion (n): ảo ảnh
Tham khảo: Tổng hợp bài mẫu IELTS Speaking part 2
1. At work or in your studies, do you often write things?
Yes, I write a lot of emails as part of my job. I work for a company that has offices in several countries, so we use email to communicate.
2. Do you often send emails?
Normally it seems like a daily routine for me to write emails to my clients about how to use the system; but if they complain to me about the poor user experience, I sometimes really find myself getting stuck in explaining to comfort them.
3. How often do you send e-mails?
I probably write between 5 and 10 work emails every day, and I send emails to friends or family a few times a week.
4. How often do you check your email?
Well, regularly. Maybe on a daily basis, I would say. Mails are important for me, because my work does not allow me to meet as many people for networking, so we mostly connect using mails, delaying the work does not make sense.
- On a daily basis: hằng ngày
5. Do you prefer to write by hand or on a computer?
It depends what I’m doing. I prefer the computer for most things because it’s faster and you can save or copy things, but I still like making notes or writing ideas down by hand.
6. Do you think emails are useful?
Emails are really useful and important to me. I can use emails to contact people who are staying far away from me, and this really comes in handy as I have lots of foreign friends. Moreover, I can receive notifications of special deals or interesting information through emails by subscribing to any online channels that appeal to me.
- Appeal to: làm hấp dẫn, lôi cuốn
Trên đây là một số bài giải về đề IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Quý 1/2022, hy vọng những nội dung trên sẽ giúp ích được bạn trong quá trình ôn tập IELTS Speaking Part 1. Chúc bạn đạt được aim nhé! Và nếu đang tìm kiếm một khóa học IELTS hiệu quả, nhanh chóng thì bạn có thể xem xét Khóa học IELTS 1 kèm 1 tại Vietop nhé!
Xem thêm các Giải đề IELTS Speaking khác: