Dạng câu "Wh-/How" questions là dạng câu hỏi thường xuất hiện trong bài thi IELTS Speaking Part 1 và 3. Trong bài viết hôm nay IELTS Vietop sẽ cung cấp cho bạn những thông tin hữu ích giúp bạn biết cách trả lời như thế nào để tránh mất điểm nhé! Cùng tìm hiểu nào.
A. Dạng “Wh-/How” Questions
Dạng câu hỏi này thường bắt đầu bằng các từ dùng để hỏi như: what, why, when, where, who, which, how (often, long, …)
Asking for information about something
Asking about time
Asking about a place
Asking about a choice
Asking about other people
Asking for a reason
- How important is it to have friends?
- Why do neighbors often have difficulty getting to know each other?
- What problems do you think fast food cause?
B. Cách trả lời dạng “Wh-/How” Questions
Với dạng câu hỏi này, nên tập trung kỹ vào từ dùng để hỏi, từ đó áp dụng phương pháp trả lời cho phù hợp.
Sau khi đã trả lời ý chính của câu hỏi, phần trả lời nên được mở rộng thêm bằng cách nói về tình huống đối lập ý vừa trả lời, hoặc dẫn chứng,…
1. Dạng câu hỏi mô tả hoặc phân loại
-> câu trả lời nên chia làm 2,3 phần (liệt kê)
What are the different types of public transportation in your city?
Well, you know there’s quite a mixed variety of public transportation in my city. I think the most common one is motorbikes because they seem to be very convenient. In addition, buses are also popular for those whose need to go far from city centre and the fee is very cheap.
- There’s quite a mixed variety of…
- There’s a fairly wide range of…
- There’s quite a diverse mixture of…
- I think the most common one is/ The main one is/ The first one that comes to mind is…
- In addition,… is also extremely popular/ Another kind is…
2. Dạng câu hỏi về sở thích, thói quen
-> Nên trả lời từ khái quát đến chi tiết, hoặc chia trường hợp (tùy thuộc hoàn cảnh)
What kind of animals do you like?
Well, in general I would say I’m pretty fond of small animals. In particular, I’m really keen on cats and dogs; and, I guess this is because we often kept them when I was growing up, and they were good companions for me.
- Well in general I would say I’m pretty fond of/I’m really keen on/I’m a big fan of/I’m extremely passionate about…
- In particular / Specifically…
- And I guess this is probably because…/I think this is due to…/ The reason for this is because…
3. Dạng câu về tương lai
-> avoidance (không trực tiếp trả lời câu hỏi)
Where would you like to go for your next vacation?
Well, to be honest, I don’t really have a clear plan but I guess that I will probably go overseas to some exotic locations like Nepal because I’m really into hiking and exploring new areas.
- Well to be honest, I don’t really have…but I guess that I will probably…
- Actually, I’m not really sure about that…but I guess if I had to choose...
- Oh, I’ve never really thought about that…perhaps the end result will be that…
4. Các dạng WH/how questions khác
-> câu trả lời nên có sự đối lập (concession)
What games did you enjoy playing when you were a child?
Well, I was always very keen on playing video games. I spent almost all my free time playing them. However, I’m quite aware that… it wasn’t the healthiest way to spend my childhood and perhaps it’s contributed to my myopia (an eye problem: short-sightedness)
- However, I’m quite aware that…
- Although it is…, …
- I supposed it could be argued that…
C. Bài tập
A. Part 1
1. How often do you go to the cinema?
2. Where do you usually go shopping?
3. When do you usually read?
4. At what time of day do you usually listen to music?
5. Who do you spend your evenings with?
6. When you go out in the evenings, what do you usually do?
7. How often do you play sports?
8. What sorts of restaurants do you usually eat at?
9. What do you usually do on the Internet?
10. How much TV do you watch?
B. Part 3
1. What differences are there in the topics that men and women discuss?
2. What changes have occurred in the buildings in your country?
3. What will cars be like in the future?
4. How does public transport benefit society?
5. What issues are caused by a lack of physical exercise?
6. How can we avoid becoming over-dependent on technology?
Chúc bạn học tập tốt và thành công nhé!