Describe a time when you changed your opinion là một topic khá thú vị, một trong những đề nằm trong bộ dự đoán đề thi IELTS Speaking trong quý 2 của VIETOP. IELTS Vietop sẽ gợi ý bài mẫu Part 2 và Part 3 để bạn tham khảo nhé!
Describe a time when you changed your opinion
You should say:
- what the original opinion was
- why you changed it
- when it was
- and how you felt about it.
I am going to talk about the time I had a change of heart about eating broccoli. I didn’t use to be a big fan of this vegetable because its deep green color was really strange to me. Besides, its bland taste really put me off. For these reasons, I often avoided eating it. However, something happened that helped me to change my mind.
A couple months ago, I was hanging out with my closest friend in her apartment when she cooked a dish which was essentially baked broccoli covered in cheese. She then offered me a plate and I couldn’t refuse since it would be rude to do so. So, I took a deep breath and reluctantly took a bite. To my surprise, the dish wasn’t as bad as I had imagined. On the contrary, the aroma of the cheese went really well with the phenomenal seasoning; and even the slightly crunchy texture of the broccoli added a nice touch to the experience. It was so appetizing that I cleaned my plate.
After that day, I changed my mind completely about broccoli and started to make and eat more food that had it. Starting with my friend’s dish, gradually, I learned to consume stir-fried, boiled and grilled broccoli. The trick was to season it to my taste. Today, I can eat any food that contains broccoli without thinking twice like I used to do.
This incident has taught me that avoiding a problem doesn’t make it go away. However, if we approach it in a creative manner, we may be able to solve it and improve ourselves in the process.
Tham khảo: Tổng hợp bài mẫu IELTS Speaking part 2
Top các chủ đề IELTS Speaking Part 2 thường gặp nhất trong bài thi
- to have a change of heart (expression): thay đổi ý kiến, cảm nhận
- to put someone off (expression): làm mất hứng thú
- essentially (adv): có bản chất là, ý nói thành phần chính
- reluctantly (adv): một cách do dự.
- phenomenal (adj): ngoạn mục, ý nói rất cao tay.
- texture (n): cấu tạo, ý nói cảm giác của miệng khi ăn một món
- A nice touch (expression): điểm nhấn (làm một cái gì đó tốt hơn, đặc biệt hơn)
- to season to one’s taste (expression): nếm cho vừa miệng ai đó.
- to think twice (expression): suy nghĩ đắn đo
- manner (n): cách.
1. Do children like to change their opinion?
Absolutely not, I think children are self-centered individuals, which makes it hard for them to listen to guidance and opinions other than their own. Depending on the situations, this could be considered positive or negative. One the one hand, it is extremely difficult to discipline stubborn kids or to teach them right from wrong once they’ve accustomed to some erroneous beliefs. On the other hand, sometimes they can be ingenious and demonstrate out-of-the-box thinking that stems from their self-centeredness.
- self-centered (adj): chủ quan, luôn muốn làm theo ý mình
- guidance (n): sự chỉ dẫn
- to discipline (v): dạy ai đó vô khuôn khổ nề nếp
- stubborn (adj): ngoan cố
- to accustom (v) + to : quen với cái gì đó
- ingenious (adj): sáng tạo
- erroneous (adj): sai lầm
- Out-of-the-box thinking (expression): suy nghĩ một cách sáng tạo
2. Why do people change their opinions?
Well, although it is difficult to do so, some people show their willingness to change their opinion based on new facts and information as a sign of maturity. As I mentioned earlier, children don’t really have the ability to change their minds. I think many people have noticed this as well. Therefore, changing one’s opinions can also be considered a statement that that person is mature.
- willingness (n): sự sẵn sàng
- maturity (n): sự trưởng thành
- ability (n): khả năng
3. Who do young people turn to for advice?
I think it depends on the issues that they want to be advised about. In cases of family issues, they normally consult their parents. If they want to know about which career to pursue, it is better to ask their mentors at schools and universities. And for romance, their friends and siblings are always there for them.
Top các chủ đề thường gặp ở phần thi IELTS Speaking Part 3
- to consult (v): tham vấn, hỏi ý kiến
Xem thêm các bài viết đang được quan tâm sau:
- Bộ Forecast IELTS Speaking quý 1/2021 (Full 3 part) – version 2.0
- Topic Handwriting – IELTS Speaking Part 1
- Topic Email – IELTS Speaking Part 1
Các bạn có thể nghe nội dung bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 2: Changing opinions – Describe a time when you changed your opinion qua video dưới đây nhé.
Hy vọng bài mẫu trên sẽ giúp ích được cho bạn trong quá trình luyện thi ILETS đầy “cam go”. VIETOP mến chúc các bạn có một kết quả thi thật tốt. Và nếu cần một khóa học IELTS chất lượng, cam kết đầu ra trong thời gian gấp thì bạn có thể tham khảo Khóa học IELTS 1 kèm 1 tại Vietop nhé.
Nếu có câu hỏi thắc mắc bạn hãy để lại bình luận dưới đây nhé. Chúc bạn thành công học tập tốt và đừng quên ghé thăm chuyên mục IELTS Speaking để học mỗi ngày nhé!