Describe a person là một trong những chủ đề thường được đưa ra trong bài thi IELTS Speaking. Để có thể hoàn thành bài nói của mình một cách xuất sắc để đạt điểm cao bạn cần phải liên tục trau dồi vốn từ vựng, ngữ pháp và kiến thức xã hội của bản thân. Dưới đây là các điểm ngữ pháp và từ vựng cần thiết về chủ đề Describe A Person, mong rằng sẽ giúp các sĩ tử có thể hoàn thành bài nói của mình một cách tốt nhất.
Ngoài ra bạn có thể xem thêm một số bài viết cùng chuyên mục sau:
- Topic Describe A Famous Person
- Bài mẫu Describe a person you wanted to be similar to when you were young
- Bài mẫu Describe a person who is good at foreign language
A. Từ vựng chủ đề Person
1. Từ vựng mô tả mũi
- Straight nose
- Upturned nose
- Hooked nose
- Button nose
2. Từ vựng mô tả mặt
- Oval face
- Round face
- Square face
3. Từ vựng mô tả môi
- Full/ thick/ pouty lips
- Red/ rosy lips
- Thin lips
4. Từ vựng về tóc
- Curly/ wavy/ straight/ cropped hair
- Fair/ dark hair
- Turn grey/ gray
5. Từ vựng liên quan đến vóc dáng
- Slim / thin body
- Average build
- Large / athletic
- Stocky build
- Hourglass figure.
6. Từ vựng chỉ tính cách
- Optimistic / pessimistic
- Trustworthy/ reliable
- Self-absorb = self-center
7. Từ vựng về nước da
- Dark complexion
- Fair complexion
- Olive complexion
- Tanned skin
8. Các cụm từ mô tả tuổi tác và ngoại hình
- He/ she is in his/ her early 60’s.
- He/ she looks young for his/ her age.
- He/ she bears a striking resemblance to / takes after his grandfather.
- She/ he maintains her/ his slim figure by doing regular exercises.
- He/ she is quite a character.
- He/ she has a round face framed by shoulder-length hair.
- Alice has a lovely complexion.
- He/ she wears clothes that are right for her age.
- Manage to look glamorous without it looking like she’s too done up/ dressed up/ dolled up.
- I really don’t see the point in getting dressed up to the nines.
B. Overall Structure for Describe a person
1. Who the person is
- When mentioning about/When it comes to………., the first one that spring to minds is…………….(Name)
2. Describe that person
|If my memory serves correctly, …………|
We were deskmates in …..(when)
|What this person looks like -> I was impressed by some of these traits… (tall, strong, charming and extremely confident) leave me an indelible impression at first sight|
|Why did you know him/her?|
Tell more about the characteristic(the manner/hobbies..)( introvert-> quiet / extrovert-> active,friendly, outgoing)
|Tell an event about that person (memory, highlight feature/event). |
-> This is why I admire X, I think X set a good example by working hard and having a positive outlook on life.
3. Overall : Feeling
- Hence, if I had to talk about a person who …, it would have to be X. I am happy when I am getting friend with X
C. Questions For Task 1
|Examiner: Do you look like any other people in your family?|
You: Well, actually…. not at all…. take my sister for example… she has short blond hair and has quite a pointed face….. she’s also quite fair-skinned compared to me.
|Examiner: Tell me a little bit about your family|
You: My father’s getting on a bit… he’s in his 60’s …. But he looks very young for his age…. He still does lots of exercise and is quite well-built……
|Examiner: What does your best friend look like?|
You: She ‘s the same age as me… she has shoulder-length hair….fair hair…she has a slim figure and is medium height………
Dành tặng voucher học phí trị giá 1 triệu đồng, khi đăng ký khóa học IELTS Speaking 10 BUỔI TĂNG 1.0 BAND độc quyền tại VIETOP.
D. Sample Describe A Person – IELTS Speaking Part 2
Describe a person whose appearance you like. You should say:
- Who this person is
- What their relationship is to you
- What they look like
- And say what it is about their appearance you like.
Well, today I’m going to talk to you about my aunt… her name’s Marta and she’s quite a character…. she’s middle-aged but has a very youthful appearance…she’s a little chubby I suppose but not too much…she has a friendly round-face framed by thick blonde hair…she has a lovely complexion and she’s always well-turned out… she actually always looks like she’s going out for the evening to somewhere special.. .there’s never a hair out of place…I’ve always thought she takes after someone on Tv… I can’t remember the name now… she wears glasses and always seems to have a different pair on every time I see her…I like the way she looks because she wears clothes that are right for her age and manages to look glamorous without it looking like she’s too done up…yes…I’ll be happy if I look like her when I’m her age….
- Quite a character: cá tính
- Middle-aged: trung niên
- Youthful appearance: vẻ ngoài tươi trẻ
- Framed by: được bao phủ bởi
- Complexion: nước da
- Well-turned out: vẻ ngoài chỉnh chu, tươm tất
- A hair out of place: tóc tai chỉnh tề
- Take after: giống nhau về ngoại hình
- Right for her age: đúng với tuổi
- Done up: chưng diện
Bài viết cùng chuyên mục: Topic Describe Your Mother – IELTS Speaking Part 2
E. Questions For Task 3
|Examiner: Is it important to dress well whenever we go out?|
You: It depends where you’re going… I know some people get done up just to go to the shops… but I don’t see the point… you shouldn’t go out looking untidily with messy hair but I really don’t see the point in getting dressed up to the nines unless you’re going somewhere special…
|Examiner: Do people worry too much about their appearance as they get older?|
You: Well, actually. I’m sure they do… yes…but it happens to all of us doesn’t it… we all go grety eventually and get hard of hearing..we start to lose our figure…that’s why plastic surgery is so popular…personally I think we just need to grow old gracefully and not worry too much about how we look…
|Examiner: Is attractiveness a quality worthwhile aiming for?|
You: To be honest… I’d like to say no… it shouldn’t matter what we look like in terms of our physical appearance,….but unfortunately it seems women especially are taken more seriously if they are good looking with a slender figure with perfect make-up and so on…
Trên đây là toàn bộ kiến thức liên quan đến chủ đề Person, mong rằng nó có thể giúp ích được cho bạn trong quá trình học IELTS nhé.