Spending và từ ngữ về sử dụng tiền xuất hiện khá phổ biến không chỉ trong các bài Writing task 2, Writing task 1 mà còn là một chủ đề thường xuyên xuất hiện trong phần IELTS Speaking.
Sau đây, hãy cùng IELTS VIETOP điểm qua những từ vựng cần thiết cho chủ đề này nhé.
IELTS VOCABULARY: Spending & saving money
1. Earn (v): kiếm tiền
To receive money for work that you do
- to earn a living: kiếm sống
- He deservedly earned the admiration of his colleagues.
- Everyone should have the means to earn their own living.
2. Finance (n): tài chính
- She struggled to get the necessary finance for her training.
- The banking and finance sector was booming.
- Our family finances are not very healthy at the moment.
3. Financial (adj): thuộc về tài chính
- financial stability/financial sustainability/financial viability: likelihood of continued success – ổn định tài chính
Example: The safety of the banking system is fundamental to long-term financial stability.
- financial burden/ financial difficulties/financial hardship: gánh nặng tài chính
Example: Is there anything I can do to safeguard against this type of financial hardship?
- financial aid/ financial assistance/ financial support: hỗ trợ tài chính
Example: There are two ways the College can provide direct financial assistance for students.
- financial independence: tự chủ tài chính
Example: The more education, financial independence, and political power women have, the more they influence society.
4. income (n): thu nhập
Money that someone gets from working or from investing money
- Every company must keep control of its income and expenditure.
- They hope that the lottery will provide additional income for charities.
- He has a large private income on top of what he earns as a teacher.
above-average/ high/ large/ sufficient/ average/ steady/ annual + income
5. Cost (n/v): có giá/ đáng giá (bao nhiêu)
The amount of money that is needed in order to buy, pay for, or do something
- You will have to bear the full cost of the building work.
- Money could be saved by reducing, reusing and recycling waste because that does not incur the cost of landfill tax.
- Competition will drive the price down near to the marginal cost
6. pay (v): trả tiền
To give money in order to buy something
- Women are eligible for 18 weeks maternity leave on full pay.
- The job offers good rates of pay and excellent conditions.
7. Savings (n): tiền tiết kiệm
The money that you have saved
Example:I don’t have a strong view as to how you should diversify your savings.
Relevant collocations: big, considerable, great, major, significant, substantial | estimated, expected, possible, potential + savings
- The potential savings are enormous.
8. Expenditure (n): Khoản chi tiêu
Money spent by a government, organization, or person
Example: Expenditure should ideally not exceed income.
- Annual expenditure, gross expenditure, total expenditure: tổng chi tiêu
Example: Gross expenditure of the company increased by 8 per cent in the last financial year.
- by a particular group: consumer, government, household + expenditure
Reductions in tax often lead to increases in household expenditure.
[note link=”https://go2.vn/box-dat-hen” title=”ĐẶT HẸN GIỮ CHỖ NGAY”]
Tặng ngay học bổng trị giá 1 triệu đồng, khi đăng ký tất cả các khóa học IELTS tại VIETOP
9. Spend (v): chi tiền, dùng tiền
To use money to pay for things
- We’re spending a lot more on clothes than we used to.
To overspend: to spend more money than you should or more than you intended to – Chi tiêu quá mức
- money well spent: tiêu tiền xứng đáng
- in a sensible way: wisely
Try to be objective if you want to spend your money wisely.
- in large amounts: freely, heavily
The company spends heavily on marketing and promotion.
10. Manage (v): quản lý
Money management: Quản lý tài chính;
If you have a flair for saving, managing and investing money, you have money management skills.
IDIOMS ABOUT MONEY AND SPENDING:
- Saving money for a rainy day (idm): keeping money for the future, or saving for an emergency – Dành dụm tiền cho những ngày khó khăn
- Money doesn’t grow on trees (idm): money is not easy to earn – tiền không mọc trên cây
- Tighten one’s belt (idm): to spend less than usual in order to save money – thắt lưng buộc bụng
- Money talks (idm): This is a modern expression which means that money is powerful, or that money makes things happen.
- Cost an arm and a leg (idm): cost a lot of money – tốn rất nhiều tiền
- Spend money like water (idm): to spend money freely as if it were in endless supply – tiêu tiền như nước
- Make ends meet (idm): your income/ salary is just about enough to cover your expenditure – kiếm đủ sống
- To run into debts (idm): to be in a position of owing money to someone or something (such as a bank or other lending institution) – Nợ nần chồng chất;
- To make a fortune (idm): To earn a very large amount of money, especially by doing something very successfully – kiếm cả gia tài, kiếm cả mớ tiền
Hy vọng những chia sẽ về từ vựng về Spending & saving money ở trên sẽ cung cấp thêm vốn từ vựng cho bạn trong quá trình luyện thi IELTS. Chúc các bạn thi tốt và đạt điểm cao.