Sau đây, hãy cùng IELTS VIETOP điểm qua những từ vựng cần thiết cho chủ đề này nhé.
IELTS VOCABULARY: Spending & saving money
1. Earn (v): kiếm tiền
To receive money for work that you do
- to earn a living: kiếm sống
- He deservedly earned the admiration of his colleagues.
- Everyone should have the means to earn their own living.
2. Finance (n): tài chính
- She struggled to get the necessary finance for her training.
- The banking and finance sector was booming.
- Our family finances are not very healthy at the moment.
3. Financial (adj): thuộc về tài chính
- financial stability/financial sustainability/financial viability: likelihood of continued success – ổn định tài chính
Example: The safety of the banking system is fundamental to long-term financial stability.
- financial burden/ financial difficulties/financial hardship: gánh nặng tài chính
Example: Is there anything I can do to safeguard against this type of financial hardship?
- financial aid/ financial assistance/ financial support: hỗ trợ tài chính
Example: There are two ways the College can provide direct financial assistance for students.
- financial independence: tự chủ tài chính
Example: The more education, financial independence, and political power women have, the more they influence society.
4. income (n): thu nhập
Money that someone gets from working or from investing money
- Every company must keep control of its income and expenditure.
- They hope that the lottery will provide additional income for charities.
- He has a large private income on top of what he earns as a teacher.
above-average/ high/ large/ sufficient/ average/ steady/ annual + income
5. Cost (n/v): có giá/ đáng giá (bao nhiêu)
The amount of money that is needed in order to buy, pay for, or do something
- You will have to bear the full cost of the building work.
- Money could be saved by reducing, reusing and recycling waste because that does not incur the cost of landfill tax.
- Competition will drive the price down near to the marginal cost
6. pay (v): trả tiền
To give money in order to buy something
- Women are eligible for 18 weeks maternity leave on full pay.
- The job offers good rates of pay and excellent conditions.
7. Savings (n): tiền tiết kiệm
The money that you have saved
Example:I don’t have a strong view as to how you should diversify your savings.
Relevant collocations: big, considerable, great, major, significant, substantial | estimated, expected, possible, potential + savings
- The potential savings are enormous.
8. Expenditure (n): Khoản chi tiêu
Money spent by a government, organization, or person
Example: Expenditure should ideally not exceed income.
- Annual expenditure, gross expenditure, total expenditure: tổng chi tiêu
Example: Gross expenditure of the company increased by 8 per cent in the last financial year.
- by a particular group: consumer, government, household + expenditure
Reductions in tax often lead to increases in household expenditure.
[note link=”https://go2.vn/box-dat-hen” title=”ĐẶT HẸN GIỮ CHỖ NGAY”]
Tặng ngay học bổng trị giá 1 triệu đồng, khi đăng ký tất cả các khóa học IELTS tại VIETOP
9. Spend (v): chi tiền, dùng tiền
To use money to pay for things
- We’re spending a lot more on clothes than we used to.
To overspend: to spend more money than you should or more than you intended to – Chi tiêu quá mức
- money well spent: tiêu tiền xứng đáng
- in a sensible way: wisely
Try to be objective if you want to spend your money wisely.
- in large amounts: freely, heavily
The company spends heavily on marketing and promotion.
10. Manage (v): quản lý
Money management: Quản lý tài chính;
If you have a flair for saving, managing and investing money, you have money management skills.
IDIOMS ABOUT MONEY AND SPENDING:
- Saving money for a rainy day (idm): keeping money for the future, or saving for an emergency – Dành dụm tiền cho những ngày khó khăn
- Money doesn’t grow on trees (idm): money is not easy to earn – tiền không mọc trên cây
- Tighten one’s belt (idm): to spend less than usual in order to save money – thắt lưng buộc bụng
- Money talks (idm): This is a modern expression which means that money is powerful, or that money makes things happen.
- Cost an arm and a leg (idm): cost a lot of money – tốn rất nhiều tiền
- Spend money like water (idm): to spend money freely as if it were in endless supply – tiêu tiền như nước
- Make ends meet (idm): your income/ salary is just about enough to cover your expenditure – kiếm đủ sống
- To run into debts (idm): to be in a position of owing money to someone or something (such as a bank or other lending institution) – Nợ nần chồng chất;
- To make a fortune (idm): To earn a very large amount of money, especially by doing something very successfully – kiếm cả gia tài, kiếm cả mớ tiền
Hy vọng những chia sẽ về từ vựng về Spending & saving money ở trên sẽ cung cấp thêm vốn từ vựng cho bạn trong quá trình luyện thi IELTS. Chúc các bạn thi tốt và đạt điểm cao.