Hãy cùng IETLS Vietop tìm hiểu cách sử dụng “that” trong mệnh đề quan hệ như thế nào cho đúng nhé!
Bạn có thể xem thêm một số bài viết hữu ích sau:
- Pronouns – Đại từ trong Tiếng Anh
- Câu phức (Complex Sentence)
- Cách dùng Số thứ tự và Số đếm trong Tiếng Anh
Sử dụng “that” trong mệnh đề quan hệ ở các trường hợp sau
Trường hợp có thể sử dụng THAT nhưng không bắt buộc
Ex: Those American toys which (that) I told you about was discontinued.
Trường hợp bắt buộc sử dụng THAT
THAT thay thế cho danh từ:
Ex: I have seen a great deal of people and food that were really strange ever since I came here.
Ex: He is hiding something that may be related to you.
Ex: You are the only friend that I keep in touch until now.
Trường hợp không sử dụng THAT
1. The festival, ______________ lasted all day, ended with a banquet.
A. ThatB. WhoC. WhichD. What
2. I am looking for someone __________ can watch my dog while I go on vacation.
A. WhichB. WhoC. WhomD. Whoever
3. The police needed details _____________ could help identify the robber.
A. WhoB. WhateverC. ThatD. What
4. I’d like to take you to a café _______________ serves excellent coffee.
A. WhatB. WhateverC. WhichD. Whichever
5. The clubhouse, in __________ the dance was held, housed about 200 people.
A. WhichB. WhereC. ThatD. Whom
6. You can choose one person, __________ you like, to share the cruise with you.
A. WhomeverB. ThatC. WhichD. Whom
7. I saw the shoes __________ you bought last week on sale for less this week.
A. WhenB. ThatC. WhoD. Whom
8. The winners, __________ known, will receive money and other prizes.
A. WhoeverB. WhoC. WhenD. That
9. This is the place __________ we met.
A. WhenB. WhereC. WhoD. That
10. The baby, ________ nap had been interrupted, wailed loudly.
A. WhoseB. WhomeverC. WhomD. Who
11. That’s the cat _________________ we saw yesterday.
A. ThatB. Either A or CC. WhichD. Whose
12. Do you know the name of the artist _________________ painted this portrait?
A. WhoseB. WhichC. ThatD. Whom
13. What’s the name of that guy _________________ party we went to last week?
A. ThatB. WhoseC. WhichD. Whom
- C – The festival, which lasted all day, ended with a banquet.
- B – I am looking for someone who can watch my dog while I go on vacation.
- C – The police needed details that could help identify the robber.
- C – I’d like to take you to a café which serves excellent coffee.
- A – The clubhouse, in which the dance was held, housed about 200 people.
- A – You can choose one person, whomever you like, to share the cruise with you.
- B – I saw the shoes that you bought last week on sale for less this week.
- C – The winners, when known, will receive money and other prizes.
- B – This is the place where we met.
- A – The baby, whose nap had been interrupted, wailed loudly.
- B – That’s the cat which/that we saw yesterday.
- C – Do you know the artist that painted this portrait?
- B – What’s the name of that guy whose party we went to last week?
Trên đây là toàn bộ kiến thức về “that” trong mệnh đề quan hệ đi kèm bài tập, IELTS Vietop hi vọng nó sẽ giúp bạn hiểu khi nào dùng that trong mệnh đề quan hệ? Cũng như cách sử dụng “that” trong mệnh đề quan hệ.