Hôm nay qua bài viết dưới đây, IELTS Vietop gửi đến các bạn bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Cars và một số từ vựng liên quan topic Cars – xe hơi, ô tô. Đây là một chủ đề khá mới đối với các bạn thí sinh khi thi IELTS Speaking, mời các bạn xem qua nhé!
Từ vựng topic Cars – IELTS Speaking Part 1
- Breathalyser: dụng cụ kiểm tra độ cồn trong hơi thở
- Car hire: thuê xe
- Car wash: rửa xe ô tô
- Compact car: ô tô cỡ nhỏ
- Convertible: xe mui trần
- Driving instructor: giáo viên dạy lái xe
- Driving lesson: buổi học lái xe
- Driving licence: bằng lái
- Driving test: thi bằng lái xe
- Engine: động cơ
- Fill it up: đổ đầy bình xăng
- Horn: còi
- Learner driver: người tập lái
- Maintenance service: dịch vụ bảo trì
- Make a u-turn: quay đầu xe
- Number plate: biển số xe
- Off-road ability: khả năng vượt địa hình
- Over-speed: vượt quá tốc độ
- Passenger: hành khách
- Pedestrian crossing: vạch sang đường
- Petrol station: trạm đổ xăng
- Puncture: thủng xăm
- Racing car: xe đua
- Radiator: bộ tản nhiệt
- Road sign: biển chỉ đường
- Roadside: lề đường
- Seat: ghế ngồi
- Speed limit: giới hạn tốc độ
- Speeding fine: phạt tốc độ
- To stall: làm chết máy
- Traffic warden : nhân viên kiểm soát việc đỗ xe
- Well-rounded protection: bảo vệ toàn diện
Bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 1 topic Cars
Mời các bạn nghe Audio Topic Cars part 1 tại đây nhé!
1. Did you enjoy travelling by car when you were a kid?
To be honest, I don’t really remember travelling by car much when I was a kid. My family didn’t own a car until I was a bit older, so we mostly travelled by public transportation or walked. However, I do remember taking road trips with my family as a teenager, and those were always really enjoyable. We would pack snacks and games to play in the car, and we would stop at interesting places along the way. So, while I didn’t travel by car much as a kid, I definitely enjoyed it when I did.
- Public transportation (n): phương tiện giao thông công cộng
- Enjoyable (adj): vui vẻ, đáng tận hưởng
- To pack (v): gói theo, mang theo
- Along the way: trên đường đi
Xem ngay: Khóa học IELTS 1 kèm 1 – Tiết kiệm GẤP 2 lần thời gian học IELTS của bạn
2. What types of cars do you like?
I’m not really a car enthusiast, but I do appreciate cars that are environmentally friendly and fuel-efficient. I think it’s important to be mindful of our impact on the environment, and cars that use less fuel or run on alternative energy sources can help reduce our carbon footprint. I also like cars that are comfortable and spacious, especially if I’m going on a long road trip.
- Enthusiast (n): người đam mê
- Environmentally friendly (adj): thân thiện với môi trường
- Fuel-efficient (adj): tiết kiệm nhiên liệu
- Mindful (adj): lưu ý
- Alternative (adj): thay thế
- Spacious (adj): rộng rãi
3. Do you prefer to be a driver or a passenger?
I don’t have a driver’s license yet, so I haven’t had the opportunity to drive on my own. However, I think it really depends on the situation and my mood. If I want to relax and not worry about anything, being a passenger is totally fine. But if I want to take charge, I would prefer to be a driver.
- Driver’s license (n): giấy phép lái xe
- Mood (n): tâm trạng
- To take charge (v): chịu trách nhiệm, nắm quyền kiểm soát
4. What do you usually do when there is a traffic jam?
When stuck in a traffic jam, I usually try to stay calm and be patient. Depending on the situation, I might listen to music or a podcast to pass the time. If I’m not the one driving, I might read a book, for example. I also try to remain aware of the traffic and any updates that might indicate when the jam might clear up. If I’m in a rush or need to be somewhere urgently, I might try to find an alternate route or take public transportation instead. Overall, I think it’s important to stay calm and flexible when dealing with traffic jams, as they can be frustrating.
- To stuck (v): kẹt
- Patient (adj): kiên nhẫn
- Podcast (n): tệp âm thanh (có thể là truyện audio, radio,…)
- To pass the time (n): giết thời gian
- To remain aware (v): suy trì ý thức, sự chú ý
- To indicate (v): chỉ ra
- The jam clears up: hết kẹt xe
- Urgently (adv): khẩn cấp
- Flexible (adj): linh hoạt
- Frustrating (adj): làm nản lòng, làm bực bội
5. Do you like to travel by car?
Definitely! It’s way more convenient than public transport. I’m more than grateful to have owned a car, especially these days that it’s not completely safe to go to crowded places like stations since the threat of contracting the coronavirus is serious.
- Public transport: phương tiện giao thông công cộng
- Owned a car: sở hữu một chiếc xe hơi
- Stations: nhà ga
6. When do you travel by car?
Well, every day, when I go to work and when I need to go to the supermarket. As I said, I don’t use any modes of public transport, especially these days. Although traveling by car is very convenient, I must say it’s incredibly costly to own a car.
When my friends invite me to travel somewhere – that’s the only time that I can travel by car. However, these days I don’t have any opportunity because my friends and I temporarily delay our travel plans due to the travel restrictions caused by the pandemic.
The pandemic: Đại dịch
7. Where is the farthest place you have traveled to by car?
Let me think… I guess when my family went to the neighboring island of our city. If my memory serves me right, that was four years ago. So we had to take our car on the ferry in order to get to the island and I enjoyed driving around that island because its beauty is just mesmerizing.
I suppose when my friends and I traveled to the western part of our state. I don’t know how many miles we had traveled then but we came from the northeast part of our city and it took us almost six hours to reach our destination. That was a great trip but I felt sorry for our driver.
- Mesmerizing: Mê hồn
8. Do you like to sit in the front or back when traveling by car?
Well, if I’m not the driver, I prefer the back seat because I can rest or sleep. It’s impossible for me to sleep when I sit in the front because I feel like it’s my obligation to have a chat with the driver so he won’t feel drowsy, especially if it’s a long hour drive.
It depends, if I’m asked to sit in the front, then I won’t say no. It’s nice to sit in the front, especially if I’m traveling in scenic spots, I’ll be able to enjoy the spectacular view completely since there’s no obstruction of my eyes.
- Obligation: nghĩa vụ
- Drowsy: buồn ngủ
- The spectacular view completely: Khung cảnh ngoạn mục hoàn toàn
Xem ngay: Khóa học IELTS Cấp tốc – Cam kết tăng ít nhất 0.5 – 1.0 band score SAU 1 THÁNG HỌC
Trên đây là bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Cars. IELTS Vietop hy vọng đã có thể giúp các bạn tham khảo được thêm nhiều từ vựng và ý tưởng để chuẩn bị tốt hơn cho chủ đề này. Chúc các bạn học tốt và hẹn các bạn ở những bài viết sau!