Chủ đề hôm nay IELTS VIETOP muốn chia sẻ đến các sĩ tử đó chính là bài mẫu “”Success” – IELTS Speaking Part 2, 3. Cùng theo dõi ngay nhé!
Describe a time when you tried to do something but was not very successful
You should say:
- When it was what you tried
- Why it was not very successful
- And how you felt about it
I’m going to talk about the time I unsuccessfully tried to draw a portrait of my girlfriend to give her on Valentine’s Day. I’d never got a knack for drawing but my girlfriend was into arts and drawing. That’s why I decided to surprise her by drawing a photo that she had taken before.
In the beginning, I searched on Youtube for drawing tutorials and tips. However, the ones for beginners were too simplistic for my purpose. They only showed how to draw basic shapes but I wanted to draw a fully fledged portrait. Then I thought it would be easier to print the picture out, put a thin drawing paper on top and trace the contours of the photo underneath. Turned out, I didn’t have a steady hand and the lines were badly drawn so I had to scrap that plan. Then it was near Valentine’s day and I began to panic. Eventually, I settled for a freestyle drawing of my girlfriend. When I finished it didn’t look nice but I put it in an envelope anyway hoping that my girlfriend could see humour in it.
When she opened my gift, she burst out laughing and so did I. I wasn’t proud of my art but I was satisfied with my effort. Luckily, my friend thought it was a cute gesture though she made me register for a painting course for beginners afterward.
- portrait (n): bức chân dung
- to have/get a knack for : có tài
- to scrap (v): từ bỏ (nghĩa bóng)
- contour (n): đường viền, đường nét
- panic (adj): lo lắng
- to burst out laughing : phá lên cười
- gesture (n): hành động, cử chỉ
1. What’s your definition of success?
My version of the meaning of success is that today I should be better than I was yesterday. And it could be measured in many aspects like skills, relationship with others, how I treat strangers. I tend not to juxtapose myself and others since there will always be someone who is better than me at something. That thought drags me down! Instead, I try to better myself. With that, I don’t get a bruised ego!
- to juxtapose (v): đối chiếu/so sánh
- to drag someone’s down: làm ai đó buồn rầu
- bruised ego (adj + n): cái tôi bị tổn thương
2. Which do you think is more important for people to become successful? Hard work or opportunities?
I think they go hand in hand. What good are opportunities if you don’t have the skills and experience from training and hard work. You always have to hone your skills,be prepared. So when a chance comes, you take it and make the best of it.
- to go hand in hand: thường đi cùng với nhau
3. Do you think people will be happy if they don’t have any goals to achieve?
Well, being content while being lackluster is not a good combination. I’d say these people are in limbo, they’re neither happy nor are they in despair. However, a life like that to me is uninspiring and kind of a waste of time. A person should have targets and objectives, no matter how small they are.Having motivation is how people can lead a meaningful life.
- content (adj): an phận
- lackluster (adj): thiếu nhiệt huyết
- limbo (n): trạng thái lấp lửng
- to lead a meaningful life: sống cuộc sống có ý nghĩa
Hy vọng 2 bài mẫu trên sẽ giúp ích được bạn trong quá trình luyện thi IELTS. Nếu như có thắc mắc gì về bài viết trên hãy để lại bình luận bên dưới để được giải đáp nhé. Chúc bạn có kết quả thi thật tốt!