- Wastes resources => financial resources, human resources, natural resources, etc. are extravagantly used (Lãng phí nguồn lực => tài lực, nhân lực, tài nguyên thiên nhiên, v.v. được sử dụng vô tội vạ)
- Leads to many environmental concerns => there is more and more rubbish & it's increasingly difficult to handle waste management (Gây ra nhiều quan ngại về môi trường => rác ngày càng nhiều & việc xử lý rác ngày càng khó)
- Negatively affetcs young generations' sense of saving => it's increasingly difficult to teach them this sense given the fact that they're living in a throw-away society (Ảnh hưởng đến ý thức tiết kiệm của thế hệ trẻ => giáo dục ý thức tiết kiệm ngày càng khó khi cả xã hội đều có thói quen "mới mua đã vứt")
Note: Có thể chọn 1 trong 3 hướng (directions) sau:
- Cách tiếp cận 2 causes + 2 negative effects
- Cách tiếp cận 1 cause + 2 negative effects
- Cách tiếp cận 2 causes + 1 negative effect
Quick decision making (quyết định nhanh): chọn cách tiếp cận 2 causes + 1 negative effect
One of the observable phenomena at present is that the throw-away trend is becoming mainstream in more and more countries. A number of underlying causes and negative consequences are worth taking into account.
When it comes to the reasons for this tendency, two of them are outstanding. First off, many people are influenced by the advertising of modern-day products, leading to their quick decisions to buy. The more items they purchase from shops or supermarkets, the faster they get rid of what they are using, even though what is thrown away is still usable or in good condition. Women's clothes, for instance, are a typical example of today's consumerism as a result of advertising. Second of all, the rapid development of technology plays a role in the current consumer's behavior of throwing possessions away. Each and every thing we own is supposed to be smart; therefore, many people are willing to dispose of their conventional TV's and buy a smart TV instead.
As for the adverse effects associated with our current throw-away society, there are many problems, but the most serious one is the waste of resources. A waste of individual money sounds obvious enough, but, as a matter of fact, this tendency also results in a wide variety of other types of waste, such as failing to make good use of human resources, simply because the making of a single product involves so many factors. Simply put, the more products are thrown away, the more societal resources are wasted.
Summarizing, when the trend of quickly consuming and discarding products is taken into consideration, light has been shed on advertising and technology as the two main causes and resource waste as the chief negative effect.
-285 words - Written by IELTS Vietop
Chúc bạn học tập tốt và thành công nhé!