The world of work is changing rapidly and people cannot depend on the same job or same conditions of work for life. Discuss the possible causes for these changes and give your suggestions on how people should prepare for work in the future.
One of the brutal truths is that fast-paced changes in today’s workplace are leading to the impossibility to do one and the same job or stay in one and the same work environment until retirement. It is, therefore, worth considering the reasons for and solutions to this issue.
There is a wide range of causes, but pressures of globalization are a crystal-clear factor. As a result of globalization, many people working for multinational corporations, such as Nestlé, are normally required to move to other cities or countries to work for a certain period of time.
This results in the fact that workers keep changing their workplace, which is also associated with other problems such as aggressive competition in the jobs market between local and foreign workers as well as between locals and locals. That is not to mention mind-boggling technological changes, including automation, in today’s globalized world.
In consequence, it is possibly effective to address the aforesaid issue by adopting a strategy that has been used by the human species of Homo sapiens for millions of years. It is nothing but the skill to adapt.
This could be conducted by providing career orientation and counselling services in educational institutions to help students become better prepared for this modern world of globalized trends filled with risks. Emphasis should be placed on useful problem-solving techniques, ranging from how to tackle minor problems, such as changing from an old-fashioned work environment to one with newly furbished offices, through how to cope with major problems, including switching to an unfamiliar job requiring a totally new set of skills or expertise.
In brief, the phenomenon in question is mainly caused by globalization pressures, which could be handled by making efforts to adapt.
– 287 words- Written by IELTS Vietop
Some vocab items:
- A brutal truth: Sự thật phũ phàng;
- Fast-paced changes: Thay đổi nhanh;
- The impossibility to do X: (sự) Không thể nào làm X;
- A wide range of causes: (rất) Nhiều nguyên nhân;
- Globalization pressures / Pressures of globalization: Áp lực toàn cầu hoá;
- A crystal-clear factor: Nhân/yếu tố quá rõ nét;
- A multinational corporation: Công ty đa quốc gia;
- For a certain period of time: (Kéo dài) 1 khoảng thời gian nhất định;
- Aggressive competition: Cạnh tranh gay gắt;
- That is not to mention X: Đó là còn chưa kể đến X;
- Automation: (sự) Tự động hoá;
- To address the aforesaid/aforementioned issue: Giải quyết vấn đề nói trên;
- To adopt/use a strategy: Sử dụng chiến lược;
- The skill to adapt: Kỹ năng thích nghi/ứng;
- To conduct: Thực hiện;
- Career orientation: Hướng nghiệp;
- Counselling services: Dịch vụ tham/tư vấn;
- Educational institutions: Các cơ sở giáo dục;
- To be filled with risks: Đầy rủi ro;
- Problem-solving techniques: Những kỹ thuật giải quyết vấn đề;
- To tackle minor problems: Giải quyết vấn đề nhỏ;
- To cope with major problems: Ứng phó vấn đề lớn;
- Old-fashioned: Theo kiểu cũ / lỗi thời;
- Newly furbished offices: Những văn phòng trang bị mới;
- A totally new set of skills or expertise: 1 loạt kỹ năng chuyên môn hoàn toàn mới;
- X in question: Cái X đang bàn;
- To make efforts: Cố gắng / nỗ lực.
Some grammatical structures:
- X leads to Y / X results in Y: Y từ X mà ra;
- Until retirement / until one is retired: Đến khi về hưu,
- As a result of X / Due to X / Because of X / On account of X: Do X
- Many people working (/ who work) for X are..: Nhiều người làm cho X thì…
- It is nothing but X: Không gì khác hơn là X;
- In consequence / Consequently / As a result / Therefore: Do đó;
- To range from X to/through Y: Trải dài/rộng từ X đến Y;
- Unfamiliar jobs requiring X / unfamiliar jobs which require X: Những việc không quen thuộc đòi hỏi phải có X.
Chúc bạn học tập tốt và thành công với BÀI MẪU IELTS WRITING TASK 2 NGÀY 02/03/2019 nhé!