Về chủ đề Gender, IELTS Vietop sẽ giới thiệu đến bạn một số từ vựng hữu ích và dạng đề mẫu hay gặp ở chủ đề này, cùng Vietop tìm hiểu nhé!
Ngoài ra bạn có thể xem thêm một số chủ đề khác ở phần Writing task 2 sau đây.
A. Tổng quan về chủ đề Giới tính
Chủ đề Gender trong IELTS Writing Task 2
Đây là một chủ đề thú vị và được chú trọng khá nhiều trong kì thi IELTS. Các nội dung thường liên quan đến chủ đề “Giới tính” đó là:
- Người đúng đầu nên là nam hay nữ
- Giới tính và giáo dục
- Giới tính và thể thao
B. Một số đề mẫu về Giới tính
1. Some people think that men and women have different qualities. Therefore, some certain jobs are suitable for men and some jobs are suitable for women.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. In some countries, people think women should have equality with men, in particular, equal rights to work as police officers or serve in the Army. Others think women are not suitable for such jobs. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
3. Most high-level positions in companies are filled by men even though the workforce in many developed countries is more than 50 percent female. Companies should be required to allocate a certain percentage of these positions to women.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. Some people believe that in present times, women do get as much equality at work as men, while others believe that even today women have to fight their way to succeed at work. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
C. Các ideas về chủ đề Giới tính
1. Giới tính và giáo dục
- Men and women should have access to the same educational opportunities
- Males and females should be accepted onto courses according to their abilities
- It is wrong to discriminate against students because of their gender
- Gender should be irrelevant in education
- Student’s achievements should depend on hard work and individual merit
- In the UK, there are similar numbers of male and female students in higher education
2. Giới tính và công việc
- Men and women should have access to the same professional opportunities
- Both man and women should be able to pursue a career
- They should earn equal salaries
- They should be employed according to their abilities, qualifications and experience
- Traditionally women have been restricted to certain roles
- They were often employed as secretaries or receptionists
- Nowadays, a range of occupations is available to both sexes
- Career success depends on individual merit
3. Vai trò của nam và nữ trong gia đình
- Some people argue that a mother should not work
- She should stay at home and bring up her children
- The father should be the breadwinner of the family
- Others believe that both parents should share these responsibilities
- Working women can take maternity leave during and after pregnancy
- Many mothers continue to work after this period
- Many fathers and mothers share their parenting and domestic responsibilities
- They contribute equally to childcare, cooking and cleaning
- Some women may have better career prospects than their husbands
- Paternity leave and ‘househusbands’ are becoming more common
- Traditional gender roles are gradually changing
- Families can divide roles and responsibilities in the most convenient way
4. Các từ vựng hay cho chủ đề giới tính
- Social bias: định kiến xã hội
- Equality: sự bình đẳng
- Domestic violence: bạo lực trong gia đình
- Dismiss gender misconception: loại bỏ những hiểu lầm về giới tính
- Discriminate : phân biệt đối xử
- Stereotype : những tư tưởng thành kiến
- Breadwinner: trụ cột gia đình
- The weaker sex: phái yếu
- Gender discrimination: phân biệt giới tính
- Child-rearing : nuôi dưỡng con
- Child-bearing: sinh con
- Bring up children: nuôi dưỡng con cái
- Male-dominated societies: xã hội chi phối bởi đàn ông
- Female-dominated: hầu hết là phụ nữ
- Economic foundation: nền tảng tài chính
- Single-mother families: gia đình một mẹ
- Pursue higher education: theo đuổi học cao
- Hold high positions: giữ vị trí cao
- Impose backward ideas on women: áp đặt quan điểm bảo thủ với phụ nữ
- Unwanted pregnancy: có thai ngoài ý muốn
- Shoulder family responsibilities: gánh vác trách nhiệm gia đình
- Shun away family responsibilities: tránh trách nhiệm gia đình
D. Bài mẫu về Giới tính
TV channels nowadays provide men's sport shows more than women's sport shows. Why is it the case? Should TV channel give equal time for women's sports and men's sports?
Today, sports media have been dominated by sportsmen, leaving sportswomen with very little attention. The main reasons for this lie in the prejudice against women doing sports, and the fact that men’s sports shows are generally more interesting than women’s, and I opine that equal coverage for both sexes is essential.
One reason for women not being given enough coverage is the deep-rooted notion that women should not engage in activities deemed ‘aggressive’ or ‘violent’, as can be seen from many popular sports today. Images of female sports players competing against one another, several of which involve strong physical activities, are still considered unorthodox to many people, thereby rendering female sport shows relegated. Additionally, sports involving men are, in many cases, more engaging and fun to watch than women’s. This is because men are innately stronger, more competitive and more aggressive, which makes their shows seemingly more sensational and dramatic. Therefore, people generally prefer watching men doing sports to women, and the television industry can generate more profits from matches and contests played by men.
I believe that such negligence is intolerable in our today’s egalitarian society, and therefore equal showing time for both sexes should be considered. The percentage of women’s participation in sports has been rising on an unprecedented scale in recent years, so they obviously deserve more public endorsement. Achievements of female sport figures shown on TV can encourage those with potential to embark on their sporting career. Moreover, more showing time may attract additional investments from sponsors, which in turn may help improve the lives of sports women. Men sports have long been a multibillion-dollar industry which
- Dominate: thống trị
- Opine: cho rằng
- Coverage: phạm vị, sự phủ sóng
- deep-rooted: cốt lõi, căn cơ
- deem: cho rằng
- unorthodox: bất thường
- render: khiến
- show relegated: bị đánh giá thấp
- innately: một cách bẩm sinh
- sensational: đẹp mât
- dramatic: gây cấn
- generate more profits from: có lợi từ
- negligence: sự thờ ơ
- intolerable: không thể bỏ qua
- egalitarian society: xã hội bình đẳng
- embark on: khởi đầu
Hy vọng với những thông tin trên mà Vietop đã chia sẻ đã giúp bạn nắm bắt được vốn từ vựng kha khá và biết cách lên idea cho bài viết của mình. Tuy nhiên vấn đề chính ở đây chính là cách bạn phân tích đề và đưa ra quan điểm, lập luận của mình như thế nào. Chúc các bạn thành công nhé!