Chủ đề Đô thị (Cities) là chủ đề có khả năng xuất hiện trong bài thi IELTS Writing. Bởi theo quá trình phát triển của kinh tế cũng ảnh hưởng ít nhiều đến đời sống hàng ngày. Trong bài viết hôm nay IELTS Vietop xin giới thiệu đến bạn một số từ vựng quan trọng và đề thi chủ đề Đô thị (Cities) có thể gặp phải trong bài thi IELTS Writing Task 2. Hãy cùng tìm hiểu nhé!
Với chủ đề này, hãy trang bị các từ vựng, kiến thức sơ đẳng về lĩnh vực kinh tế, chúng sẽ giúp ích cho bạn trong việc phát triển ý tưởng dễ dàng hơn nhiều.
đô thị phát triển vô tổ chức
The historic downtown of Woodstock is threatened by urban sprawl and encroaching development.
khu ổ chuột
She was brought up in the slums of Leeds.
luật lệ và trật tự
What would happen in a world without law and order?
sự hạnh phúc, sự tốt đẹp
The Plan's stated objective was "to provide facilities and opportunities for the rural population to improve its level of economic and social wellbeing."
lượng giao thông
New roads are being built to cope with the increased volume of traffic.
kiềm chế, kiểm soát
A range of policies have been introduced aimed at curbing inflation.
tắc nghẽn, ách tắc
Due to increasing traffic congestion and prevalence of accidents along Interstate 235, the city of Des Moines is considering implementing a speeding camera program to curb excessive speeding
(xe cộ) chằng chịt
The Chicago area is one of the most gridlocked metropolitan regions in the US, according to a new traffic study.
thuộc về đô thị
Supermarkets and shopping malls are increasingly located outside metropolitan areas.
có tính quốc tế; có nhiều nền văn hóa khác nhau
High and assured social status helped to keep diplomats, especially high-ranking ones, distinctly cosmopolitan in outlook.
a deprived childhood/background/area
liên hồi, liên tục
Some people hate living in the cities because of the incessant noises.
incessant volume of traffic
cơ sở, trang thiết bị
the College is equipped with every facility and recreational amenity for the most conducive study environment around.
Hundreds of people were rendered homeless by the earthquake.
Incessant noises render city dwellers’ lives miserable.
2. Các đề thi theo chủ đề Đô thị (Cities)
1. It’s more important to plant trees in towns and cities than to build more houses. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. In some cities, the government has tried to reduce traffic by a congestion tax during rush hours. Is it a positive or negative development?
3. In some cities, people are choosing cars instead of bicycles, while in other cities riding bikes is a better option than driving cars. Why is it the case? Which do you think is better?
4. Some people think that living in big cities is becoming more difficult. Others believe that it is getting easier. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
5. The movement of people from agricultural areas to cities to work can cause serious problems in both places. What are the problems? What can be taken to solve those problems?
6. Housing shortage in big cities can cause severe social consequences. Some people think only the government can solve this problem. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
7. It is important for all towns and cities to have large public places like squares and parks. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Chúc bạn học tập tốt và thành công nhé!