Đề bài và bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 30-04-2020. Các bạn tham khảo bài viết bên dưới và ôn luyện IELTS thật tốt nhé.
Task 1: The graph gives information about coffee production in 4 different countries from 1990 to 2010.
The bar graph details the volume of coffee produced in four nations over the 20-year course from 1990 to 2010. Overall, the graph tells us that Colombia aside, coffee production in all other countries enjoyed upswings, with Brazil experiencing the fastest growth. It is also clear that Brazil was always the number one coffee-producing country, and the discrepancy between this and the other countries became increasingly wider over the given period.
In 1990, around 0.7 million tonnes of coffee was produced in Brazil, and the figure rose sharply to 1 million tonnes in 1995, followed by an even steeper growth to 1.5 tonnes in 2000, and eventually peaked at 1.9 million tonnes – the highest of any country, in any year.
Coffee production in Indonesia and Vietnam, despite standing at much lower positions, followed similar patterns, with the former rising from 0.2 million tonnes in 1990 to 0.4 million tonnes in 2010 and the latter going up from an all-time low of only 0.1 million tonnes in 1990 to 0.3 million tonnes in 2010.
In the meantime, Columbia was the only country to undergo a downward trend in coffee yield. In 1990, it ranked second at 0.6 million tonnes, but later fell gradually and eventually it amounted to around 0.3 million tonnes in 2010.
Task 2: Many people are travelling to other countries. Why? Is it a positive or negative development?
Never before has there been a phenomenon that so many people travel overseas as it is seen today. This could be explained in numerous ways, but access to reasonable means of transport has facilitated this trend, which is certainly beneficial for the tourism industry and for mutual understanding between communities around the world.
One of the most important reasons why travelling to other countries is becoming more popular these days is the existence of cheaper modes of transport. In the past, for example, a flight ticket was too costly for the majority of people, but it is becoming increasingly affordable today. In reality, people in almost all income groups are able to pay for the cost of travelling by plane or any other means of transport.
This tendency actually benefits countries both economically and culturally. The tourism industry of each country definitely enjoys a much higher revenue from the rise in travelling internationally. Obviously, the more tourists there are, the more money comes. This leads to the development of a wide range of services associated with tourism. MOREOVER, that going abroad is becoming a trend of popularity makes it possible for people from different cultures to understand each other more. This contributes significantly to turning this planet into a truly 'global village'.
In conclusion, it is less expensive transportation that has led to more people travelling abroad, bringing both economic and cultural merits to the whole world. It is no wonder that one day everyone on earth is said to possibly become a global citizen.
1. Vocab highlights
- access to reasonable means of transport has facilitated this trend: Sự tiếp cận các phương tiện đi lại có giá cả hợp túi tiền đã tạo điều kiện thuận lợi cho xu thế này
- the tourism industry: Ngành du lịch
- mutual understanding between communities around the world: Sự thông hiểu nhau giữa các cộng đồng trên khắp thế giới
- the existence of cheaper modes of transport: Sự tồn tại các phương tiện đi lại ít tốn kém hơn
- people in almost all income groups: Thiên hạ trong hầu như tất cả mọi nhóm thu nhập
- X benefits countries both economically and culturally: X làm lợi cho các quốc gia về phương diện kinh tế & văn hóa
- a much higher revenue: Doanh thu cao hơn nhiều
- a trend of popularity = a popular trend: Một xu thế được ưa chuộng
- both economic and cultural merits: Lợi ích về cả phương diện kinh tế & văn hóa
- a global citizen: Công dân toàn cầu
2. Structure highlights
- Cấu trúc inversion mở đầu bằng phủ định từ
Never before has there been a phenomenon that so many people travel overseas as it is seen today: Trước giờ chưa bao giờ có hiện tượng có nhiều người du lịch ra nước ngoài nhiều như hiện nay
- Cấu trúc double comparative
The more tourists there are, the more money comes
Chúc các bạn học tập tốt và thành công nhé!