Đề bài và bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 21-03-2020. Các bạn tham khảo bài viết bên dưới và ôn luyện IELTS thật tốt nhé.
Xem thêm các bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 các ngày khác trong tháng 3:
Task 1: The diagram below shows how to recycle organic waste to produce fertiliser (compost). Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
1. Sample essay
The diagram provides a breakdown of how compost is made. Overall, the making of compost involves organic wastes of different kinds undergoing various biological and chemical processes in an aerated container.
A 2-cubic-meter plastic container with four holes – two at each side – is used to contain the compost. The four holes act as vents, allowing the circulation of air in and out of the container. Next, waste is added to the container in layers of 15 centimeters, with food at the bottom, grass in the middle and newspaper on top. Nitrogen and hot water are subsequently added to the mixture.
At the fourth stage of the process, the mouth of the plastic container is sealed shut by the use of a cover. The moistened mixture is thereafter left in the container for 6 months, during which time a decomposition process gradually takes place. During the process, vapour is released through the four vents. After 6 months, the organic wastes are successfully converted into compost, and this sort of fertiliser is ultimately used in gardening.
2. Vocab highlights
- areate (v) cho phép không khí lưu thông
- vent (n) lỗ thông hơi
- circulation (n) sự lưu thông
- subsequently (adv) sau đó
- seal (v) niêm phong
- moistened (adj) được làm ẩm
- decomposition (n) sự phân hủy
- vapour (n) hơi nước
- convertinto (v) biến đổi thành
- ultimately (adv) cuối cùng thì
Xem thêm: Cách viết dạng Diagram (Process) IELTS Writing Task 1
Task 2: Watching a live performance such as a play, concert, or sporting event is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
1. Sample response
When it comes to leisure activities, attending a live show has recently been claimed to be something worth doing because it is more exciting than watching it on TV. This is a statement that I find it hard to totally agree with.
Truth be told, it is certainly true that watching an art display or a sports performance on television is quite enjoyable to some extent. One of the reasons is one can lie down on a sofa without getting decently dressed while watching them. This is normally something impossible to do in public as we are supposed to behave well in this modern life of civilization.
However, watching it live, whether it is an arts event or a sports competition, is truly fascinating in a way that is indescribable. More specifically, a play, a concert, or a sports contest would be much more interesting if witnessed with our own eyes and/or listened to with our own ears based on a real-time basis. In other words, this is a matter of feelings which depend on whether that particular event is actually happening. If it is, then it will boost levels of fascination twofold or even threefold.
In conclusion, considering a comparison of what is more intriguing as a leisure activity, I tend to believe that going to an event such as those involving art or sports is far higher than watching it on television. It all relies on how ‘real’ it is no matter how far technology has moved forward.
2. Vocab highlights
- attending a live show has recently been claimed to be something worth doing: Gần đây có ý kiến cho rằng đến dự 1 chương trình biểu diễn trực tiếp là xứng đáng
- Truth be told: Thành thật mà nói
- One can lie down on a sofa without getting decently dressed: Người ta có thể nằm dài trên 1 chiếc trường kỷ, không cần phải diện trang phục tươm tất
- We are supposed to behave well in this modern life of civilization: Chúng ta nên có hành vi đúng mực trong cuộc sống văn minh hiện nay
- Watching it live is truly fascinating in a way that is indescribable: Xem trực tiếp là hấp dẫn không thể tả
- based on a real-time basis: Trên cơ sở giờ thực
- it will boost levels of fascination twofold: Nó sẽ nâng mức thú vị lên gấp đôi
3. Structure highlights
- Cấu trúc trạng ngữ chỉ thể cách
… is truly fascinating in a way that is indescribable (= is truly indescribably fascinating): … là thật sự thú vị không thể tả
… no matter how far ( = however far) technology has moved forward: … cho dù là công nghệ có tiến xa đến đâu đi chăng nữa
Xem thêm: Hướng dẫn cách viết dạng Agree or Disagree Writing Task 2
Chúc bạn học IELTS tốt với bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 21-03-2020 và ôn luyện đề thi IELTS thành công nhé!
By IELTS Vietop