Đề bài và bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 09-01-2021. Các bạn tham khảo bài viết bên dưới và ôn luyện IELTS thật tốt nhé.
The diagram shows how chocolate is produced. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
The diagram provides a breakdown of how chocolate is produced. Overall, the production of chocolate involves ripe red cacao seeds undergoing various physical, chemical and biological processes under different temperature conditions to become liquid chocolate.
The process commences when ripe cocoa beans, which are recognisable by their red pods, are harvested on cacao trees indigenous to South America, Africa and Indonesia. Upon being harvested, the oval-shaped pods have their skins removed, and are broken into halves so that the white cocoa beans can be collected. The beans are thereafter sent to a rectangular receptacle where they are fermented. After the fermentation process, the fermented beans are dehydrated by being spread under a prolonged exposure to the sun and then packaged in large sacks.
The process continues when these sacks are transported by train or lorry to a factory. In the factory, the beans undergo a roasting phase at 350 degrees, after which they are are sent to a relatively flat, cylindrical grinder to be crushed, with outer shells being taken away. The inner part goes through a press with two rollers where it is pressed and liquid chocolate is made as a result of this pressing phase.
- recognisable: có thể nhận dạng được
- indigenous to: thuộc về bản địa
- upon being harvested: sau khi được thu hoạch
- oval-shaped: hình oval
- rectangular: hình chữ nhật
- receptacle: vật chứa
- prolonged: kéo dài
- exposure: sự phơi bày
- cylindrical: hình trụ
Some people think that hosting an international sports event is good for the country, while some people think it is bad. Discuss both views and state your opinion.
International sporting events have been traditionally deemed beneficial to the host country. However, some others are opposed to the idea, claiming that it does more harm than good. Whilst the former view can be justified for some reasons, I am more inclined towards the latter.
I can understand why it might be beneficial for any nation to host an international sporting event. For countries wishing to promote their profiles, the Olympics and other similar sport-related events can be an ideal choice. A lot more people know about a once-lesser-known South Africa after World Cup 2010, and China has gained increasing global reputation for its successful Olympic Beijing 2008. In addition, preparation for such international events may create jobs for locals, temporarily revitalizing depressed areas.
However, those aforementioned benefits are short-lived, and hosting such a big event is more likely to bring about long-term negative consequences to the environment and the economic wellbeing of the host country. Every aspect of construction, from producing bricks to delivery, has measurable impacts on the environment, let alone the establishment of facilities catering for the needs of a big sporting event like the Olympics, which often brings in its wake the obliteration of hundred acres of woodland. In addition, those amenities are often disused and abandoned after a short period of time, and the costs for maintenance can become a huge economic burden.
In conclusion, my firm conviction is that while hosting an international sporting event can be advantageous to a certain extent, it has profound negative effects on the environmental and economic aspects of a country. There are always better alternatives that benefit a country than organising a very big event without anticipating its long-term impacts.
- deem: xem như là
- inclined towards: nghiêng về
- promote ones’ profiles: xây dựng hình tượng
- reputation: danh tiếng
- revitalize: mang sức sống đến…
- depressed: (tính từ) dùng để miêu tả tình trạng kém về mặt kinh tế, nghề nghiệp etc. (phân biệt với trầm cảm)
- short-lived: không tồn tại lâu
- wellbeing: sự phát triển
- measurable impact: ảnh hưởng đo lường được
- cater for: phục vụ cho
- bring in its wake: mang theo bên nó
- obliteration: sự hủy diệt
- Đề luyện tập IELTS Writing Task 1, 2 ngày 12.08.2021
- Bài mẫu đề IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 17-07-2021
- Bài mẫu đề IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 12-06-2021
- Bài mẫu đề IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 22-05-2021
- Bài mẫu đề thi IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 24-04-2021
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing task 1 và 2 ngày 04-03-2021
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 25-02-2021
- Bài mẫu đề thi IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 23-01-2021
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 16-01-2021