Đề bài và bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 07-03-2020. Các bạn tham khảo để ôn luyện thi IELTS phần writing thật tốt nhé nhé.
Task 1: The bar chart below shows the percentage of young people who were following higher education in 2000, 2005 and 2010.
The bar chart compares rates of young people attending education at university levels in five unspecified countries in 2000, 2005 and 2010. The initial impression from the chart is that higher education rates in Country A, C, and D showed upward trends over the given period, with Country A and D experiencing the fastest growth. Country B, on the other hand, had the lowest proportion of university students overall, and its rate remained somewhat stagnated over the given years.
In 2000, around 37% of young people were undergraduates, and the rate experienced a remarkable upswing to 48% in 2005, and 57% in 2010. A similar pattern is evident with regard to Country D where its tertiary education rates rose from 45% in 2000 to 50% in 2005, and again to 60% in 2010. Country C, in the meantime, also had more undergraduates, rising from 43% in 2000 to 48% in 2005, and plateaued at this point until 2010. Contrary to the other three countries, Country B, starting off with 40% young students in 2000, was the only nation to undergo a drop, albeit negligible, to 39% in 2005, and despite recovering back to 2000’s level at 40% in 2010, this country still remained the one having the lowest higher education rates.
Xem thêm: Cách làm dạng bài Bar Chart trong IELTS Writing Task 1 “chuẩn” bạn cần biết
Task 2: Some people think news has no connection to people’s lives. So then it is a waste of time to read the newspaper and watch television news programs. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
1. Sample essay
It is claimed that spending time on reading or watching news is absolutely wasteful. Truth be told, I find it hard to agree because having access to daily news is a must to be well informed about what is going on in the world and to be equipped with specialized knowledge for conducting further scientific research.
For the general public, it is advisable to be aware of the current state of affairs. This is certainly directly related to individual life. A typical example for this close relationship is what people should do in case of war. More specifically, after reading news about the outbreak of a war near them, people may immediately prepare food for fear of the possibility of food shortages.
Those who work as scientists are always in need of updated information from news reports about various fields. These range from education to economics and healthcare. For instance, news about the current coronavirus has pushed researchers all over the world to compete 24/7 in inventing a vaccine against it. As a result, it can be argued that news is closely related to the outside world whether common people or experts in the scientific world are taken into consideration.
Summarizing, when it comes to the belief that reading news in newspapers or watching news on television programs is a total waste of time, I am not convinced at all. This is merely because all people need news no matter what job they are engaged in. Depending on their occupation, people might obtain different useful pieces of information when they are exposed to one and the same news item.
Xem thêm: Cách làm dạng bài IELTS Writing Task 2 – Agree or Disagree chi tiết
2. Vocab highlights
- X is a waste of time = X is wasteful: X là lãng phí thời gian
- having access to daily news is a must: Tiếp cận tin tức hàng ngày là điều phải làm
- the general public: Công chúng / đại chúng
- the current state of affairs: Sự tình hiện đương
- the outbreak of a war: Sự nổ ra của 1 cuộc chiến
- for fear of the possibility of food shortages: Vì sợ lương thực có khả năng bị khan hiếm
- those who work as scientists: Những ai làm công tác khoa học
- news reports = news items: Những mẩu tin
- news is closely related to the outside world: Tin tức gắn liền mật thiết với thế giới bên ngoài
- when they are exposed to one and the same news item: Khi họ được tiếp cận cùng 1 mẩu tin
3. Structure highlights
- Cấu trúc passiveIt is claimed/believed/viewed/said that… Có ý kiến cho rằng
- Cấu trúc whether… or…… whether common people or experts in the scientific world are taken into consideration… cho dù là xét đến người bình thường hay nhà khoa học
Xem thêm: Tổng hợp đề thi IELTS Writing 2020 mới nhất – Cập nhật liên tục
By IELTS Vietop