Dưới đây là bài mẫu đề thi IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 15-05-2021 vừa qua. Cùng xem VIETOP sẽ giải quyết đề thi này như thế nào nhé!
The maps below show the changes in the art gallery ground floor in 2015 and present day.
The maps depict modifications to the ground floor of an unspecified art gallery from 2015 to the present day. Overall, the ground floor underwent a complete transformation with various facilities being relocated, replaced or added.
Between 2015 and the present day, the reception desk was relocated to a position where it is closer to the entrance. The hall was further expanded to the right-hand side of the ground floor, taking up the space where there once was a gallery office. There is now a lift adjacent to the former stairs, and the café on the top left corner of the ground floor was converted into a gallery shop with a vending machine located just outside.
Another major change to the area was the rearrangement of the exhibition rooms. The exhibition room #4 on the left-hand side of the room was divided into a temporary one and an area for children, while the three exhibition rooms on the right-hand side remain unchanged. The final change made to the layout of the ground floor is the additional ramp for wheelchairs, which makes the gallery become more accessible to the disabled.
- undergo (v): trải qua (thường là một quá trình gì đó)
- relocate (v): chuyển chỗ. Be relocated: được chuyển chỗ
- adjacent (adj): kế
- convert (v): chuyển đổi. Be converted: được chuyển đổi (để phục vụ chức năng khác)
- temporary (adj): tạm thời
- layout (thường là the layout, n): bố cục
- accessible (adj): dễ tiếp cận
- the disabled (adj): người khuyết tật.
Some people believe that a country will benefit greatly if its students study abroad. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Studying overseas is believed by some people to be beneficial to the student’s home country. From my perspective, although there is a potential risk of a brain drain, students who study overseas make great financial and intellectual contributions to their countries and therefore I completely agree with the idea.
The main concern over studying abroad is the fact that some international students might not consider returning to their countries upon finishing their courses. Opponents of the idea argue that the loss of human capital as a result of students leaving permanently might negatively affect a country’s overall development. However, the argument fails to take into account the fact that positive intellectual exchange might give rise to brain circulation, the situation in which the flow of skilled labour circulates among nations, and thus students are able to make positive impacts on all of the nations they are involved in.
Furthermore, students upon return have brought with them the much-needed capital, innovative ideas and economic contributions to their countries. This is particularly the case for developing ones. For example, every year ‘Haigui’, the term coined to refer to successful Chinese students returning to Mainland China, have sent home a huge sum of remittances to support their families. In addition, labourers graduating from overseas have profoundly changed the economic facets of the country by becoming the assets of big corporations. Many of them also establish their own successful startups in the technology sector using the advanced training in this field, which is more common in developed countries.
In conclusion, it is my firm conviction that studying abroad is a welcomed force for good, especially for developing countries. It is not an overstatement to say that overseas students, with the profound contributions they have brought home, are instrumental in the well-rounded development of a country.
- brain drain (n) chảy máu chất xám
- opponent (n) người phản đối
- human capital (n) nguồn vốn nhân lực (kiến thức, tay nghề)
- take into account (verb phrase): tính đến
- give rise to (verb phrase): dẫn đến
- brain circulation (n) sự lưu thông chất xám
- flow (n) dòng chảy
- circulate (v) lưu thông
- much-needed (adj) rất cần thiết
- remittance (n) tiền (thường dùng để chỉ tiền gửi về từ nước ngoài)
- facet (n) khía cạnh
- asset (n) thành phần quan trọng
- force for good (n) sự thay đổi tích cực
- instrumental (adj) in: đóng vai trò thiết yếu
- well-rounded (adj) toàn diện
- Đề luyện tập IELTS Writing Task 1, 2 ngày 12.08.2021
- Bài mẫu đề IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 17-07-2021
- Bài mẫu đề IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 12-06-2021
- Bài mẫu đề IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 22-05-2021
- Bài mẫu đề thi IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 08-05-2021
- Bài mẫu đề thi IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 17-04-2021
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 trên máy tháng 03/2021
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing task 1 và 2 ngày 27-03-2021
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing task 1 và 2 ngày 27-02-2021
- Bài mẫu đề thi IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 23-01-2021