Task 1: The line graph illustrates the proportion of total expenditure in a certain European country between 1960 and 2000.
The line graph delineates expenditure on different life aspects in an unspecified European country from 1960 to 2000. The initial impression from the chart is that spending on food, leisure, transport and fuel/energy generally decreased, with food undergoing the most dramatic downturn while expenses on transport showed an upward trend.
In 1960, roughly 35% was spent on food, ranking first among the five classifications surveyed. This was followed by leisure (20%), clothing (10%), and transport (9%). Allocations for fuel/energy were insignificant, accounting for only 5%.
Over the next 40 years, spending on food underwent a steady decrease, and by 2000, it had seen a more than twofold drop to its low of only 15%. Similar patterns are evident in leisure, clothing and fuel/energy, with all three categories seeing decreases to 11%, 6% and 4% respectively. In contrast, transport was the only one to see an increase in spending, with its figure amounting to 15% in 2000.
- Delineate: mô tả chi tiết
- Expenditure: chi tiêu
- Initial impression: ấn tượng ban đầu
- Downturn: sự suy giảm
- Expenses: chi tiêu
- Allocation: phần dành ra
- Account for: chiếm
- Twofold: gấp đôi
- Similar patterns: những xu hướng tương tự
- Evident: hiển hiện rõ
- Amount to: đạt được
Task 2: Many students find it difficult to concentrate or pay attention in school. What are the reasons? What could be done to solve this problem?
Inattentiveness of students in the classroom seems to be a universal problem. In this essay, I argue that the old-fashioned teaching methodologies are largely responsible for this and propose that schools should redesign their curriculum to counter this issue.
Outdated approaches to education are the main reason which causes difficulties for students to concentrate in school . Grueling hours drain their attentional stamina and make them inattentive in class. Students around the world are assigned a schedule that resembles a nine-to-five workday, perhaps intentionally to correspond to their parents’ working hours. This situation is further aggravated by obsolete pedagogical practices which favor mechanical recitation and memorisation. It is common practice in some countries that schoolchildren from a young age are taught to memorise lengthy predetermined answers from the beginning of their course to prepare for exams. Gradually, this method makes the student mentally exhausted and it extinguishes any enthusiasm they have in the classroom.
The aforementioned problems are the consequence of having a school system that has been virtually unchanged in decades so solving them requires innovative measures. While schools may not have to drastically reduce the hours, they should lighten the information load for their students. Redesigning the schedule necessitates the introduction of interactive exercises and games to the lessons, which have been verified by studies to stimulate students’ curiosity and thereby improve their attention span. Furthermore, being able to relate issues from their daily life also enhances concentration. Therefore, sessions in which students are forced to memorise and recite dull facts should be replaced by practicums which teach the students to find solutions for real life problems.
In conclusion, replacing the outdated and ineffective teaching methods is fundamental to capture students’ attention and kindle their interest in learning. I firmly believe that the current school system needs to be changed dramatically.
- Inattentiveness (n): sự lơ là, không tập trung
- Universal (adj): rộng, khắp thế giới (ý nói: ở rất nhiều nơi)
- To redesign (v): thiết kế lại, tái thiết
- Curriculum (n): giáo án, chương trình giảng dạy
- Grueling (adj): mệt nhọc
- Stamina (n): thể lực
- To aggravate (v): làm tệ đi
- Obsolete (adj): lỗi thời
- Pedagogical (adj): (mang tính) sư phạm
- Predetermined (adj): được định trước
- To extinguish (v): dập tắt, (nghĩa đen) dập đám cháy
- Aforementioned (adj): được nêu trên
- Innovative (adj): (mang tính) đổi mới
- To lighten (v): làm nhẹ đi
- To necessitate (v): buộc phảito verify (v): kiểm chứng. Passive: to be verified = được chứng nhận
Hy vọng những tài liệu, bài mẫu mà VIETOP chia sẽ có thể giúp ích cho các thí sinh trong quá trình ôn luyện IELTS Writing. Chúc các thí sinh trong các kỳ thi sắp tới sẽ đạt điểm thật tốt và như mong muốn.
- Đề luyện tập IELTS Writing Task 1, 2 ngày 12.08.2021
- Bài mẫu đề IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 17-07-2021
- Bài mẫu đề IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 12-06-2021
- Bài mẫu đề thi IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 08-05-2021
- Bài mẫu đề thi IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 29-04-2021
- Bài mẫu đề thi IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 24-04-2021
- Bài mẫu đề thi IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 17-04-2021
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 trên máy tháng 03/2021
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing task 1 và 2 ngày 27-02-2021
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 16-01-2021