Bạn có thể xem thêm một số bài viết hữu ích sau:
Trường hợp có thể sử dụng THAT nhưng không bắt buộc
Ex: Those American toys which (that) I told you about was discontinued.
Trường hợp bắt buộc sử dụng THAT
THAT thay thế cho danh từ:
Ex: I have seen a great deal of people and food that were really strange ever since I came here.
Ex: He is hiding something that may be related to you.
Ex: You are the only friend that I keep in touch until now.
Trường hợp không sử dụng THAT
1. The festival, ______________ lasted all day, ended with a banquet.
2. I am looking for someone __________ can watch my dog while I go on vacation.
3. The police needed details _____________ could help identify the robber.
4. I’d like to take you to a café _______________ serves excellent coffee.
5. The clubhouse, in __________ the dance was held, housed about 200 people.
6. You can choose one person, __________ you like, to share the cruise with you.
7. I saw the shoes __________ you bought last week on sale for less this week.
8. The winners, __________ known, will receive money and other prizes.
9. This is the place __________ we met.
10. The baby, ________ nap had been interrupted, wailed loudly.
11. That's the cat _________________ we saw yesterday.
B. Either A or C
12. Do you know the name of the artist _________________ painted this portrait?
13. What's the name of that guy _________________ party we went to last week?
- C – The festival, which lasted all day, ended with a banquet.
- B – I am looking for someone who can watch my dog while I go on vacation.
- C – The police needed details that could help identify the robber.
- C – I’d like to take you to a café which serves excellent coffee.
- A – The clubhouse, in which the dance was held, housed about 200 people.
- A – You can choose one person, whomever you like, to share the cruise with you.
- B – I saw the shoes that you bought last week on sale for less this week.
- C – The winners, when known, will receive money and other prizes.
- B – This is the place where we met.
- A – The baby, whose nap had been interrupted, wailed loudly.
- B – That’s the cat which/that we saw yesterday.
- C – Do you know the artist that painted this portrait?
- B – What’s the name of that guy whose party we went to last week?