Khi một danh kết hợp với giới từ thì sẽ cho ta nhiều ý nghĩa khác nhau, vậy hãy cùng Vietop thử cùng kết hợp một số danh từ với 10 giới từ “By”, “For”, “At”, “Without”, “On”, “Under”, ”In”, “Out of”, “From”, “With” nhé!
Bạn có thể học thêm một số bài học bổ ích sau:
A. Một số danh từ đi kèm giới từ thông dụng trong IELTS
by accident = by chance = by mistake = by coincidence
- Literature is my least favorite subject. Back when I was in high school, my teacher asked me and my clasmates to learn by heart plenty of long poems
- I bumped into Minh – my best friend quite by chance at university.
- During exam season, I like to study by myself so that no one can distract me
for instance = for example
- When my best friend said that she would come back Vietnam for Tet Holiday, I was really excited because we haven’t met for ages
- Being an extrovert, I like to be surrounded with a lot of people. However, I sometimes want to be by myself for a while so that I can do whatever I want
- Although I was very tired, I agreed to go shopping with my sister for fear of upsetting her
ngay từ cái nhìn đầu tiên
- When I met my boyfriend, there was nothing especially attractive about him at first sight.
- At present, I am living in a two- storey house with my family in District 1
- In my free time, I love playing football with my classmates and I also play video games with them at times
- At first, I didn’t have a good impression about my teacher because she looked very fierce. But then I realized that she was very kind-hearted and patient
- At least five foreign countries' first cases of Coronavirus were directly imported from Iran, putting millions more lives at risk
không trậm trễ, không trì hoãn
- While intelligent machines, without a doubt, can improve our lives in many ways, the potential risks of such technologies should not be ignored.
- Without exception, every single household in this area is being overcharged for their water usage.
- After studying for 5 hours without a break, I felt very sleepy and exhausted
đang được bán trên thị trường
đang nói chuyện điện thoại
đang đứng bên bờ/ sắp sửa
- Numerous animals species are on the verge of extinction due to habitat loss, poaching, and climate change
- My sister turned up the music on purpose because she knew that it would annoy me and distract me from studying
- I decided to go on a diet because I want to wear bikini in the next summer vacation
- Math is not my cup of tea because it’s too difficult. My sister, on the other hand, finds it really interesting
- I prefer going shopping on my own because my friends’ tastes in fashion are different from mine
- My father often has to travel abroad on business because his company has many offices around the world
trong bất kì trường hợp nào cũng không
- The percentage of women who were out of work in Ireland and Wales decreased significantly last year
- I was under the impression that my teacher was very fierce , but she turned out to be very nice and kind-hearted
- Some students work while studying, which results in lacking time for education and constantly feeling under pressure
- Driving under the influence of alcohol is strictly prohibited in Vietnam. People who violate this law will have to pay a very hefty fine of 4 million VND
- He sometimes has difficulty keeping his temper under control
7. " In"
trong điều kiện tốt or xấu
- My friends and I went on a trip to Dalat in the peak season so we had to to book the hotel rooms and flight tickets in advance
- Like most families, my mother is in charge of cooking in my house because she’s a really good cook
- Despite my sister is 10 older than me, we have a lot in common. For example, both of us like Kpop and fried chicken
- Although I have used my Iphone for quite a while and dropped it many times, it is still in good condition
- While my friends think that students should wear casual clothes, I am in favor of wearing uniform to school
- This morning, I was in a hurry so I skipped breakfast, which drove my mom crazy
8. "Out of"
không bàn cãi, bất khả thi
out of sight, out of mind
- On my first day at school, the lift was out of order so I had to take the stairs
- As a student, I have to live on a limited budget. Therefore, dining at a 5- star-hotel is out of my reach
- Yesterday, while browsing Shopee, I came across a very lovely dress. Unfortunately, the dress on size S is out of stock
- Alan broke his leg, so a trip to Dalat is out of the question
- The two men who were critically injured in the murder in Saigon are out of danger and in stable condition.
Khóa học IELTS đang được nhiều bạn ở TPHCM theo học
- I go to the coffee shop from time to time to meet my best friends
- From what I can gather, she’s madly in love with him.
- I promise, from now on, I will never smoke again
- Spending on all sectors showed upward trends during the given period, with the exception of transport and recreation
- With regard to its location, Bitexco is located in District 1, which is a very bustling and touristy area in downtown Saigon
- Numerous actions have been taken with a view to reducing unemployment rate
B. Bài tập thực hành
Bài tập 1: Điền các từ trong hộp dưới đây vào chỗ trống thích hợp
- Coronavirus is putting people’s lives ……………………
- The washer machine went …………………… while I was washing my sweater boots
- The policy was rejected ……………………a more cautious approach
- Because he cannot pay off his debt, he put the family home up ………………….
- The plant closed in November 2010, leaving 400 people ……………………
- If you're going to come, please let me know ……………………
- Her husband was always nice to her …………………., but treated her badly at home.
- The two still talk on the phone ………………………..
Bài tập 2: Nối định nghĩa tiếng anh với từ thích hợp
a. having no chance of being harmed or killed
b. too young to engage legally in a particular activity
c. to the point when (something) is about to happen or is very likely to happen
d. sometimes, but not often
e. as much as, or more than, a number or amount
f. one is afraid of something or that something will happen
j. not able to be achieved
Bài tập 1
- at risk
- out of order
- in favor of
- for sale
- out of work
- in advance
- in public
- from time to time
Bài tập 2
Hy vọng với những kiến thức ở trên mà Vietop cũng cấp sẽ giúp ích được cho bạn trong quá trình luyện thi IELTS. Chúc bạn học tập tốt và thành công nhé!