Food and Drink là một trong những chủ đề quen thuộc trong các đề thi IELTS, và quan trọng hơn là nó được sử dụng hàng ngày. Do đó trong bài viết này IELTS Vietop sẽ chia sẻ đến bạn tổng hợp các từ vựng và collocation chủ đề Food and Drink và bài mẫu liên quan đến phần thi IELTS Writing Task 2 nhé!
1. Từ vựng chủ đề Food and Drink
- Food additives: phụ gia thực phẩm
- Food poisoning: ngộ độc thực phẩm
- Processed food: đồ ăn chế biến sẵn
- Work up the appetite: hoạt động cho đói
- Spoil your appetite: đầy bụng, không còn bụng để ăn đúng bữa
EX: don’t eat too many cakes- you’ll spoil your appetite
- Mouth watering: nhìn hoặc ngửi mùi có vẻ ngon, tạo cảm giác thèm ăn
- Bread and butter: những vấn đề thiết yếu để duy trì cuộc sống
EX: The voters are worried about bread and butter issues like jobs and taxes.
- My cup of tea: gu/ sở thích của ai đó
EX: Thanks for inviting me, but musical is not really my cup of tea.
- Insatiable appetite: cảm giác luôn thèm thuồng, không thấy no
EX: He has an insatiable appetite for knowledge
- Food safety: vệ sinh an toàn thực phẩm
EX: Restaurants must guarantee about food hygiene or food safety.
- Grab a bite to eat: ăn một cách vội vàng, nhanh chóng
EX: Do you want to grab a bite to eat before we see the movie?
- Eat like a horse: ăn uống quá nhiều
EX: These hamburgers are so delicious that she eats like a horse.
- A heavy meal: bữa ăn chính
EX: After a heavy meal, you should take a little more rest than usual.
- Follow a recipe: nấu theo công thức
EX: I followed a soup recipe yesterdat evening and it was so amazing that my son kept asking for more.
- Perishable food: thực phẩm dễ hư hỏng
EX: Perishable food includes mear, poultry, fish, vegetables, fruits.
- Freshly-ground coffee: cà phê mới xay
EX: The smell of freshly-ground coffee woke me up this morning.
- Full of beans: tràn đầy năng lượng, nhiệt huyết
EX: Whenever my daughter is full of beans, I have her run around and play in our backyard.
- To have a sweet tooth: hảo ngọt
EX: You can always please Nell with cake or ice cream, she has a big sweet tooth.
- Food consumption: lượng thức ăn mà ai đó tiêu thụ
EX: The doctors advise that everyone should increase their consumption of fruits and vegatables.
- Raise our glasses: nâng li lên chúc mừng
EX: Let’s raise our glasses and drink a toast to the happy couple.
- Organic food: thực phẩm hữu cơ
EX: Organic food is now a regular feature at most supermarkets.
- Fresh produce: hoa quả và rau củ tươi
EX: My granparents lived in the farm and they only served fresh produced on plate.
- Wine and dine: thiết đãi nồng hậu
EX: The company wined and dined us, hoping to convince us we should accept the job.
- Home-cooked food: đồ ăn nấu ở nhà
EX: Many families have stopped sitting down for meals together despite the fact home-cooked food offers both social and health benefits.
EX: Our light meals and dinner recipes are perfect if you fancy a light lunch or maybe even a quick snack.
EX: There are many inedible poisonous mushrooms out there to be mistaken for edible ones.
- Gourmet food: thực phẩm cao cấp, hảo mạng
EX: Treat yourself to some delicious gourmet food and ingredients at London’s best delicatessens and specialist restaurants.
Xem thêm: Bài mẫu chủ đề Talk About Your Favorite Food – IELTS Speaking Part 2
Aircraft have been increasingly used to transport fruits and vegetables to some countries where such plants hardly grow or are out of season. Some people consider it a good trend, but some people oppose it. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Opinions diverge on the matter of whether the demand for importing commodities including the perishable items such as fruits and vegetables deems important. Despite the proliferation in this business, it is often criticised as unnecessary and too extravagant, especially when air freight is involved. This criticism was correct in the past, however, at present, there are indeed some indications that this trade activity has offered prominent profits. And this essay will address the reasons for my views as follow.
On the one hand, it is of paramount importance to note that contrary to the common belief, many put forth the idea that importing goods somehow becomes more affordable to the general public nowadays. This is all due to the rapid acceleration in freight transport industry, air travel has become such economical mode of transport, resulting in the mutual drop in the cost of importing. Moreover, technical advance in the food processing industry made it easier to preserve fruits and vegetables over long flights. There is also a diversity of food market catering for a rising demand of consumers because of a wide availability of imported crops. Henceforth, the supply of products in food market is less likely to be affected by seasonal factors, and the adequate intake of nutrition is ensured for mass consumption throughout the year.
Another merit that worth mentioning is the mutual rise in both import and export, and a country which has the ongoing propensity for importing goods from others does not necessarily suffer tremendous loss. Some nations exert their impacts on providing industrialised exported commodities while others are known for being agrarian countries. Nations’ differing product structures stem from their dissimilarities in natural resources, strength capacity or even geographical features. A country can facilitate its sense of economic development through the acts of boosting trade and exchanging goods and services with other nations.
On the other hand, others underscore the growing dependence on importing goods and the corresponding shy away from becoming self-sufficient of certain countries. Shortage of natural resources and well-qualified workforce as well as technology may prevent the countries from producing crops to feed its population, but it is not solely to blame for relying heavily on imports. It is the government’s responsibility to allocate the huge financial sources to invest in resolving crisis involving food supply.
In conclusion, it is essential for countries to promote international trade and simultanously enhance their own industries. Enhancing trading activities among countries somehow hinder its stance on the international yet, authorities should do their best to control the growing relies on importing in some cases.
- Perishable : dễ hư, dễ úng
- Proliferation: sự bùng nổ
- Extravagant: hoang phí, đắt đỏ
- Self-sufficient : tự lập
- Simultaneously: cùng lúc đó
- Stance: vị thế
- Agrarian country: đất nước trọng nông nghiệp
- Processing industry: công nghiệp chế biến
- Cater for: đáp ứng (nhu cầu)
- Air freight : vận chuyển bằng đường hàng không.
- Promulgation: sự tuyên truyền, lan rộng, phân phát, phát triển của chính sách, bộ luật,…
Hy vọng những kiến thức mà Vietop chia sẻ cho bạn sẽ giúp ích trong giao tiếp cuộc sống hằng ngày và cả trong quá trình luyện thi IELTS nữa nhé!
Xem thêm: Tổng hợp những lời chúc Tiếng Anh hay “nhức nhối”
Chúc bạn học tập tốt với chủ đề Food and Drink – Vocabulary & Collocation nhé.