IELTS Speaking chủ đề Leisure Time – thời gian rảnh. Đây là một chủ đề tuy quen thuộc nhưng nhiều bạn vẫn còn chưa nắm chắc được cách triển khai, với bài viết ngày hôm nay, Vietop giới thiệu đến các bạn bài mẫu Topic Leisure Time – IELTS Speaking cả 3 phần nhé!
1. What do you do in your spare time?
To be honest I can’t remember when was the last time I had a particular free time since at present I’m having a 9 to 5 job and have to work on weekdays, sometimes even the weekends, which often exhausts me. But whenever I have some fresh air of my own, I would enjoy lying on a couch to relax by watching videos on Youtube or reading one of my favourite books – such simple activities provide me with an escape from my busy life.
- A 9 to 5 job (n): công việc nhàm chán, không mới mẻ
- To exhaust sb/sth (v): làm ai đó, cái gì đó kiệt sức
- Some fresh air (n): bầu không khí trong lành = sự thoải mái, không bận bịu
- To provide sb with an escape from sth (v): giúp ai đó thoát khỏi cái gì đó
2. What do you like to do on the weekends?
As I’ve said, I’m living a life with such a heavy workload thus I don’t really have a true weekend for myself. Though I would appreciate a Saturday evening when I could possibly relax and unwind with my dogs before going back to work on Sunday.
- A heavy workload (n): khối lượng công việc nặng nề
- Thus (linking word): do đó, vậy nên
- To appreciate (v): bầu không khí trong lành = sự thoải mái, không bận bịu
- To relax and unwind (v): thư giãn và nghỉ ngơi
3. Which hobby do you like to try in the future?
Photography. I recently found out that I truly enjoy taking photos since they are a great way to capture a moment in time, and I love editing them too – both on my phone and on my computer. The ability to create aesthetic pictures is always a fun thing to do in my spare time.
- To capture a moment in time (v): chụp lại khoảnh khắc
- Ability (n): khả năng
- Aesthetic (adj): thuộc về nghệ thuật, thẩm mỹ
Describe what you usually do in your leisure time.
You should say:
- What you do
- Who you do it with
- Where you do it
And explain why you like to spend your free time this way.
When talking about my leisure activity, the first thing that springs into my mind would be enjoying myself without anyone else. The reason for this is since I have to work with other people the whole week, a little time alone at the weekend would help me refresh my mind as well as find my inner peace after a stressful week with tons of workload.
By means of being alone and unwinded, I truly love lying on a couch with my dogs and reading books. Reading is a good way for me to feel totally comfortable and relaxed as I could find myself in another world. With books in your hand, you could widen your horizon with endless knowledge and even entertain yourself with your imagination. This reading activity, moreover, provides me with creativity that could help a lot when I’m writing – which is a side job that requires me to have a good mind’s eye and to think outside the box. So that I could say, reading is both useful and intriguing.
Having developed the hobby of reading books since childhood, I’ve always dreamed of a day when I could have a library of my own – filled with all the books that I treasured. Though I guess spending on those books would cost me an arm and a leg, it is worth trying.
- The first thing that springs into one’s mind (v): điều đầu tiên ai đó nghĩ đến
- Inner peace (n): sự tĩnh lặng trong tâm hồn
- To widen one’s horizon (v): mở rộng góc nhìn, kiến thức của ai đó
- Endless (adj): vô tận
- Mind’s eyes (n): đồng nghĩa với imagination – sự tưởng tượng
- To think outside the box (v): nghĩ một cách sáng tạo, không khuôn mẫu
- To treasure sth (v): quý trọng, cất giữ như báu vật
- S.th cost an arm and a leg (adj): thứ gì đó vô cùng đắt đỏ hoặc rất khó để giành được
1. Is Leisure time important to everyone? Why?
Absolutely. To my mind, leisure time can help us lower stress after a long day of working or studying, which could improve your quality of life, so it’s something worth making time for. Just like when we charge our phones, we will need to recharge our energy by enjoying some free time so that we would be able to continue working the next day.
- Something worth making time for (n): điều gì đó xứng đáng để bỏ thời gian ra
- Charge (v): sạc pin
- Recharge (v): sạc lại, nạp lại
2. How has the way we spend free time changed over the years?
I would say that there are more digital distractions such as TV, and smartphones, than real people-to-people interactions, making the current youth spend their time on their mobile phones or the Internet all the time, which is almost different from their previous generation, for example. Leisure has dramatically evolved over the centuries and across cultures, which to me is a natural phenomenon, as people always tend to spend their leisure time doing things they enjoy. However, the real free time available is also shrinking due to heavy and stressful work life nowadays, thus some people don’t have enough time for themselves.
- Digital distractions (n): những thứ khiến chúng ta phân tâm làm từ điện tử, kỹ thuật số (điện thoại, TV,…)
- Real people-to-people interactions (n): tương tác thật giữa người với người
- Previous generation (n): thế hệ trước
- Dramatically (adv): đáng kể
- Evolve (v): thay đổi
- Shrink (v): co lại, rút lại
3. Do women have more leisure time than men?
I believe that the amount of leisure time of a person would likely be based more on their profession than their gender. For example, an average office worker would have more time for themselves than a doctor or a teacher, despite their gender. However, becoming parents could change people’s time use patterns. Some women even have to continue to deal with house chores and take care of children after a day of work, while after getting married and having children, usually men would spend more time than women in leisure activities.
- Gender (n): giới tính
- Time use patterns (n): khung thời gian
- To deal with sth (v): đối mặt với, xử lý gì đó
- Leisure activities (n): hoạt động giải trí
Hy vọng sau khi đọc qua bài viết trên, các bạn đã tham khảo được nhiều ý tưởng và cách triển khai ý để có thể diễn đạt tốt hơn trong bài IELTS Speaking của mình. Chúc các bạn luyện thi IELTS tốt và IELTS Vietop hẹn các bạn ở những bài viết sau!