Trong bài viết này sẽ trang bị cho các bạn từ vựng và phần nói mẫu về ngày Tết Nguyên Đán – Lunar New Year. Câu hỏi về ngày lễ quan trọng rất phổ biến trong phần thi IELTS Speaking Part 2 nên IELTS Vietop sẽ chia sẻ một số thông tin hữu ích sau nhé. Hy vọng giúp bạn đọc luyện thi IELTS cấp tốc nhanh chóng nhất tại nhà.
ĐĂNG KÝ HỌC TRƯỚC TẾT – CƠ HỘI NHẬN LÌ XÌ TIỀN MẶT LÊN ĐẾN 10 TRIỆU ĐỒNG TẠI VIETOP – ĐẶT LỊCH NGAY
1. Từ vựng ngày Tết Nguyên Đán
- Lunar New Year: Tết Nguyên Đán
- New Year’s Eve: Đêm Giao Thừa
- Peach blossom = hoa đào
- Apricot blossom = hoa mai
- Vietnamese square sticky rice cake = bánh chưng
- Vietnamese cylindrical sticky rice cake = bánh tét
- Pickled small leeks = củ kiệu
- Roasted watermelon seeds = hạt dưa
- Dried candied fruits = mứt
- Braised pork and eggs = thịt kho trứng
- Family union = family gathering = cuộc đoàn tụ gia đình
- Five-fruit tray = mâm ngũ quả
- Parallel sentences = câu đối
- Ritual = lễ nghi
- Incense stick = nhang
- Altar = bàn thờ
- Worship the ancestor = thờ cúng tổ tiên
- Lucky money = tiền lì xì
- Spring cleaning = dọn dẹp nhà vào năm mới
- Get rid of bad spirit = xua đuổi tà ma
- Thắp nhang = light incense sticks
Xem thêm: Các ngày lễ trong năm ở Việt Nam bằng Tiếng Anh
2. Bài mẫu Talk about Tet holiday in Viet Nam – IELTS Speaking Part 2
Describe a national festival in your country
You should say:
- when it takes place
- why it takes place
- what the people do during this festival
- and explain why this festival is important to you
If you ask me about a famous festival in Vietnam, I will definitely talk about Tet Holiday, which is also known as Lunar New Year holiday in Vietnam.
It usually occurs at the end of January and lasts for 3 days. Tet holiday in Vietnam is usually in honor of the departure of the previous year and an occasion to welcome the new year with many blessings. On Tet holiday, we will have family unions to catch up with each other. Besides, some families enjoy this festival by preparing traditional food such as Vietnamese square cake, dried candied fruit, braised pork and eggs, etc. and decorating the house with parallel sentences and peach or apricot blossoms. Especially, for children, I think they look forward to Tet holiday because they can receive lucky money from adults as a way to give them wishes for the new year. For adults, it is an occasion on which they are able to do the spring cleaning and make appetizing food to worship the ancestors.
I would say in this days and age, Tet has lost its original spirit and most adults treat it as a normal holiday in which they can have 2 weeks off to blow off some steam and release stress. However, to me, Tet holiday is still a distinct festival of Vietnam. Whenever this holiday comes, I feel a strong sense of belonging because it reminds me of how diverse our culture can be with different rituals and food. Moreover, I think if Tet holiday didn’t exist, many family members would drift apart due to the hustle and bustle of life. However, since we have Tet, everyone will have at least one or two days to have family gatherings and tighten the bonds with other members.
So I guess that’s all I want to share about Tet in Vietnam.
Bài viết cùng chuyên mục: Chủ đề Describe an important holiday in your country – IELTS Speaking Part 2
- in honor of = nhân dịp
- sense of belonging = cảm giác thuộc về
- drift apart = dần xa cách
- tighten the bonds = thắt chặt mối quan hệ
- hustle and bustle = sự hối hả, bận rộn
- blow off some steam = nghỉ xả hơi
Writen by IELTS Vietop
Để biết thêm nhiều tài liệu hay khi luyện thi IELTS, hãy truy cập vào website mục tự học IELTS: https://www.ieltsvietop.vn/tu-hoc-ielts hằng ngày nhé!