- What do you do when you feel bored?
When I have nothing to do, I often kill time by going for a walk rather than staring at a TV screen. When I do this, I get a chance to breathe some fresh air and do some much-needed exercises.
- Kill time: giết thời gian
- Rather than: hơn là
- Much-needed (adj): rất cần thiết
→ Liệt kệ một vài thứ bạn làm khi bạn thấy chán
- What kind of things are boring to you?
Well personally, I reckon that chess is not fascinating to me because of its slow pace. I’m sure there are plenty of people who might find it interesting, it’s just not my cup a tea.
- Reckon (v): nghĩ. (= think (v))
- Pace (n): tốc độ
- It’s not my cup of tea: không phải thứ tôi thích
→ Có thể liệt kê ra một vài thứ khiến bản thân người trả lời cảm thấy chán.
- Do you think young people are more likely to get bored?
I’m leaning towards saying yes. I agree that young people seem to have a shorter attention span which may stem from our addiction to technological devices. If we figure out a way to limit our phone time, we may not be prone to boredom as much.
- Leaning towards: nghiên về
- Attention span: khoảng chú ý (nói về khả năng tập trung)
- Figure out (v + prep): tìm ra
- Be prone to s.th: có khả năng mắc phải
→ Trả lời ý kiến cá nhân về việc liệu người trẻ có dễ có khả năng bị chán hay không và giải thích lí do
- Where do you often sit down to relax?
Near my workplace, there’s a park that has a lot of benches and the shades of the trees cast over most of them. I often sit down at one of these benches during lunch breaks to escape from my office and catch some fresh air.
- Bench (n): ghế dài, ghế đá công viên
- Shade (n): bóng cây (không phải shadow)
- Cast over (v + prep): che
→ Kể và tả sơ nơi bạn hay ngồi để thư giãn có thể kèm thêm hoạt động khi bạn thư giãn tại đây.
- Do you think sitting with the right posture is important?
Actually, my mom always tells me that if I have a bad posture, it might lead to scoliosis. We all know how painful that is! She’s a doctor so I trust her.
- Scoliosis (n): chứng vẹo cột sống
- What do you often do when you sit down?
Like I’ve just mentioned, I am an office worker, so I spend most of the day sitting at the computer desk looking at Excel sheets and Microsoft Words. It’s not the most glamorous job in the world but it’s helped me to make ends meet.
- to make ends meet (idiom): kiếm sống qua ngày
Describe something that can help you concentrate on work or study
You should say:
- What it is
- How it helps you
- How effective it is
And explain what you think about it.
I’m going to talk about a technique that I’ve been using in order to remain calm and collected in any situation, especially when I’m dealing with stressful times at work. That technique is to take slow and deep breaths when you need to concentrate.
To do this, all you need to do is to sit still and relax your muscles. Then you start inhaling deeply and you should feel the air travelling to your lungs. When the air has filled your lungs, hold your breath for a few seconds then release. You can exhale through your mouth. Repeat this for a few times and try to spend the same amount of time for each bout. Another thing
I do this technique when I have many things coming at me at the same time. At those times, I often get distracted by my anxiety and my thoughts are not organised. However this technique helps me to clear my head and calm down. Only then can I think forward towards the solutions for my problems.
I highly recommend this for anyone who works in a high-stress environment.
- Technique (n): kỹ thuật
- Remain calm: giữ bình tĩnh
- Collected (adj): tập trung
- Sit still: ngồi yên
- Inhale (v): hít vào
- Exhale (v): thở ra
- Get distracted: bị làm phân tâm
- Anxiety (n): sự bồn chồn lo lắng
→ Có thể giải quyết bài này theo dạng describe an activities. Kể một kỹ năng, có bắt đầu, tiếp theo và kết thúc. Hãy nói bạn dùng kỹ năng này ở đâu và tác dụng nó mang lại là gì. Tập trung vào lợi ích nó mang lại cho việc làm hoặc việc học.
Part 3: Concentration
- Is it important to keep concentrating on something?
I think that staying focused is the key to success in life. Regardless of what you do or how talented you are, staying focused helps you achieve the best possible results. These results could potentially lead to better opportunities or promotions.
- key to success: nhân tố dẫn đến thành công
- Regardless of: không bàn tới
- What can be done if there is too much noise around?
I’m inclined to say that if you can afford to soundproof your room, that’s what you should go for. However, I realised that not everyone, myself included, has this kind of luxury. Besides, you cannot bring your room to your workplaces or cafes. So, another affordable choice would be to purchase noise-canceling headphones or earbuds.
- Be inclined to: nghiêng về/ có xu hướng
- Luxury (n): thứ xa xỉ
- Affordable (adj): hợp túi tiền
- Noise-canceling headphones: tai nghe chống tiếng ồn
- What is the ideal time to concentrate on working or studying?
Speaking from experience, after a good night’s sleep, about 7 or 8 hours, I can focus on my work most effectively. I often feel refreshed and rejuvenated in the morning. Surprisingly, at around 10 and 11pm, when everything has quiet down, I find myself able to have a longer attention span. So, I often read books before going to bed.
- Refreshed (adj): sảng khoái
- Rejuvenated (adj): tươi mới
Trên đây là bài mẫu chi tiết đề IELTS speaking ngày 12/05/2022 mà Vietop muốn gửi đến bạn. Hy vọng bài mẫu trên sẽ giúp ích được bạn trong quá trình ôn thi IELTS cũng như là cải thiện band điểm.
Xem thêm các Giải đề IELTS Speaking khác: