Phần bài học dưới đây cung cấp thông tin về từ vựng, ngôn ngữ và cấu trúc để giúp các bạn hoàn thành phần thi Speaking dạng Describe Your House (miêu tả nhà cửa) một cách thành công nhất. Hy vọng bài học IELTS bên dưới giúp ích cho bạn đọc thêm kiến thức và kỹ năng làm bài thi IELTS thật tốt.
Words and Phrases
in the suburbs
ở vùng ngoại ô
I live with my parents in the suburbs of Ho Chi Minh city.
at the heart of
ở trung tâm
The house where I’m currently living is located at the heart of the city.
địa điểm thu hút khách du lịch
There aren’t many attractions in the area I’m living in except for the monument to fallen soldiers, which is situated not far from my house.
B. Các loại nhà cửa (types of building)
kiểu nhà hay thấy ở vùng nông thôn
C. Chất liệu (Materials)
D. Tính từ mô tả (Descriptive adjectives)
Words and Phrases
The dancers were wearing traditional Hungarian dress/costume.
được trang hoàng đẹp
a room with an ornate ceiling and gold mirrors
ấm áp thoải mái
This room is nice and cosy in the winter.
siêu hiện đại
The new phone is ultramodern.
/steɪt ʌv ði ɑrt/
a state-of-the-art computer
hữu dụng, vận hành tốt
These traditional tools are both functional and attractive.
a cramped room/house
truyền thống, thông thường
You can cook the meat either in a microwave or in a conventional oven.
A spacious room, building etc has a lot of space inside it.
The room is light and airy.
a four-bedroomed detached house
E. Một số mẫu câu (patterns)
- The design is ultra modern.
- My favorite spot in the house is the bedroom.
- I find my bedroom a little bit cramped.
- Although someone might say it’s small, I prefer to think of it as cosy.
- My bedroom overlooks the garden.
F. Một số bài miêu tả mẫu (Cambridge Vocabulary for IELTS)
1. Tả nhà truyền thống ở quê
I live in a cottage. It’s a single-storey building so the rooms are all on the same level. It’s about a hundred years old and it’s a very traditional design, so there’s no concrete or steel to be found. Just about all the buildings in this area were built from timber and stone from the local quarry. It’s got a lot of character. What I like best about it are the ceilings. They’re quite ornate as they have lots of pretty details on them. Although some people think it’s small, I prefer to think of it as cosy.
2. Tả nhà cao tầng hiện đại
My flat is in a new high-rise building in the city centre. The design is ultra-modern, so there’s a lot of glass and concrete and steel – and not a lot of wood to be seen. Everything is controlled through a state-of-the-art computer system. It’s a very functional apartment and there’s a space to suit every purpose, but I do find the bedrooms a bit cramped. My favorite spot is the balcony – my towers over everything else, so I can see for miles.
G. Một số câu hỏi Speaking liên quan
Chủ đề Describe Your House – IELTS Speaking
- Do you live in a house or an apartment?
- What kind of housing/accommodation do you live in?
- Who do you live with?
- How long have you lived there?
- Do you plan to live there for a long time?
- Can you describe the place where you live
- Which is your favorite room in your home? Why?
- Would you change anything about your home? Why/why not?
- Would you like to move to a different home in the future?
- What is the most unusual building you have ever seen?
1. Describe a house or an apartment you would like to live in. You should say:
- what kind of accommodation it would be
- where it would be
- who would live there with you
- and say why you would enjoy living in this place
Chúc các bạn học tập tốt!