Hôm nay hãy cùng IELTS Vietop tìm hiểu về Describe Your Dream Job – Speaking Part 2 nhé!
You know, I have always wanted to become an author of fantasy novels ever since I was knee-high to a grasshopper. I was hyperlexic; you know, I knew how to read at the age of 5, and when I was 6, I devoured 200-page novels on a monthly basis. The art of discourse always fascinates me. – oh how I love the way writers shape and mould landscapes, anecdotes, mysteries or urban legends into beautifully and logically written lines. Dragons and dungeons run in my vein, and all too often I find myself sleep-talking about wizards and witchcrafts.
Back when I was still naïve, I thought all writers were rolling in money. Just look at how J.K Rowling earned easy money by sitting comfortably at a café, doing nothing but scribble on her notes! However, when I get older, I realized that I was dead wrong. There can only be one J. K. Rowling out there, and it takes years of practice, blood and tears to become a brilliant writer.
Although I failed to realise my dream as a fantasy writer, I do write short stories in my leisure time. Come and visit my Facebook if you want to read mine!
Bài viết cùng chuyên mục: Bài mẫu Talk About Your Favorite Food – IELTS Speaking Part 2
- Knee-high to a grasshopper/ ni-haɪ tu ə ˈgræsˌhɑpər / (idiom): còn rất nhỏ
- Hyperlexic/ˈhaɪpə(r)leksɪk/ (adj): chỉ trẻ em có khả năng đọc sớm
- Devour/dɪˈvaʊə(r)/ (v): đọc ngấu nghiến
- The art of discourse/ ði ɑrt ʌv ˈdɪskɔrs/ (n): nghệ thuật của ngôn từ
- Mould/məʊld/ (v): đóng thành khuôn, tạo hình
- Anecdote /ˈænɪkˌdəʊt/ (n): mẩu chuyện
- Urban legend/ ˈɜrbən ˈlɛʤənd/ (n): những câu chuyện huyền bí truyền miệng
- Witchcraft /ˈwɪtʃˌkrɑːft/ (n): trò phù thủy
- Rolling in money / ˈroʊlɪŋ ɪn ˈmʌni / (idiom): giàu nứt đố đổ vách, rất giàu
- Scribble /ˈskrɪb(ə)l/ (v): viết nguệch ngoạc
- Dead wrong (adj): hoàn toàn sai
By IELTS Vietop
Chúc các bạn học tập IELTS tốt và thành công nhé!