Dạng đề Describe A part of your country that you find interesting là một trong những đề IELTS Speaking Part 2 thường gặp. Do đó trong bài viết này IELTS Vietop sẽ gợi ý cho bạn cách trả lời như thế nào tránh mất điểm. Hãy cùng tìm hiểu ngay nhé!
|Describe a part of your country that you find interesting|
You should say:
– Where it is
– How you got to know about it
– What is it famous for?
– Explain why you think it is interesting
Bạn có thể xem thêm một số bài viết hữu ích sau:
- Top 20 Chủ đề IELTS Speaking Part 2 thường gặp nhất trong bài thi
- 5 Cách kéo dài câu trả lời cực dễ – IELTS Speaking Part 1
- 6 lỗi cần tránh trong IELTS Speaking
When it comes to an interesting part in my country, most people will probably go for cities like Danang or Dalat. But for me, Ho Chi Minh city, where I am living, is the most interesting place in Vietnam
Located in the southern tip of Viet Nam, Ho Chi Minh city is home to 10 million people. Actually, the majority of the population are migrants from neighboring provinces who come here to make a living. The city, which is affectionally known as Saigon, is divided into plenty of districts, with District 1 housing most of the main attractions. While Hanoi – the capital – is the center of politics, Saigon is widely known as Vietnam’s economic and financial center, accounting for one-third of Vietnam‘s GDP. That’s the reason why there’s always a lot going on in this dynamic city.
There are a couple of reasons why I am interested in Ho Chi Minh city. First of all, despite embracing modern living, it features a stunning blend of the futuristic and traditional world with ancient buildings built in French colonial era blending with cutting-edgeskyscrapers. One of the must-visit places is Landmark 81, which overtook Bitexco Financial Tower to be the highest builiding of Saigon. Another thing you should not miss when visiting Saigon is experiencing the energy of the city’s nightlife. At night, the city has loads of hot spots where you can let loose and have fun. Out of them, Bui Vien is one of the most popular areas for drinking and nightlife, offering a diverse mix of clubs, from the exclusive to the cheap and cheerful. On top of that, Saigonese’s hospitality is also part of its charm. While Hanoians are pretty reserved and serious, Saigonese are incredibly welcoming and are willing to give you a hand when you are in need.
Dành tặng voucher học phí trị giá 1 triệu đồng, khi đăng ký khóa học IELTS Speaking 10 BUỔI TĂNG 1.0 BAND độc quyền tại VIETOP.
- When it comes to: khi nhắc đến
- go for: chọn
- is home to…: là nhà của…
- migrants: người di cư
- neighboring provinces: các tỉnh lân cận
- be affectionally known as: được trìu mến gọi là
- attractions: hấp dẫn
- there’s always a lot going on: luôn luôn sôi động, bận rộn
- blend: hoà hợp, trộn lẫn
- French colonial era: Thời kỳ thuộc địa Pháp
- cutting-edge skyscrapers: tòa nhà chọc trời hiện đại
- overtook: vượt qua, vượt mặt
- nightlife: cuộc sống về đêm
- loads of: nhiều
- let loose: thả lỏng, thư giãn
- exclusive: độc quyền
- cheap and cheerful: giá rẻ và chất lượng ổn
- hospitality: lòng hiếu khách
- charm: quyến rũ, sự duyên dáng
- incredibly: cực kỳ
- welcoming: chào mừng
- be willing to: sẵn sàng (làm điều gì)
- in need: cần
Let me talk about one of the most exciting cities in my country. It’s actually the busiest and biggest Vietnam, and, as you can expect, it’s not far from here. It’s… this city, Ho Chi Minh City, also known as Sai Gon, located here in the south of this S-shaped country.
Historically speaking, this city is a centuries-old one… you know, more than 300 years old. Though it’s gone through countless changes, big and small, it can retain many historical sites, one of which is Bến Thành Market. At present, this city’s a little overcrowded with a population of more or less than 10 million, with daily traffic jams and all… and pollution levels are kinda high, but it’s still attracting more and more people, including foreigners and immigrants, on a yearly basis. Foreigners come here to do business or to explore the local culture as tourists. Immigrants from other cities provinces move here to live a better life… I mean, it’s kinda easy to do whatever kind of job and make more money here, or at least it’s easier than in other places in Vietnam. Economically speaking, this city is probably the most successful one though it’s not as romantic as Đà Lạt, not as environmentally friendly as Đà Nẵng, or not as poetic as Hà Nội, the capital.
What I find really fascinating about this city is, you know, it’s truly multicultural, at least from the point of view of food choices. Here I can find so many different types of cuisine and, if l can afford it, I can enjoy eating almost all kinds of food, ranging from Vietnamese, Indian, Korean, Japanese to French, Italian, American, or even Brazilian. Being a person with a voracious appetite, I definitely love this city.
- S-shaped (adj): có hình chữ S
- Centuries-old (adj): tuổi đời hàng trăm năm
- Overcrowded (adj): quá đông đúc
- Historically speaking: về mặt lịch sử mà nói
- Economically speaking: về mặt kinh tế mà nói
- Multicultural (adj): đa (sắc thái) văn hóa
- Cuisine: (nghệ thuật) ẩm thực
- A person with a voracious appetite: người ăn nhiều / háu ăn
Hãy bắt đầu bài nói của mình ngay bây giờ nhé!