Chủ đề Sport là chủ đề thường xuất hiện trong đề thi IELTS. Và đây cũng là một chủ đề được dự đoán ở phần thi Speaking quý 1/2021. Để giúp các bạn biết cách trả lời như thế nào để đạt điểm cao và một số từ vựng khó trong chủ đề này, Vietop xin giới thiệu đến bạn bài mẫu Describe a live sports match that you have watched trong phần thi IELTS Speaking part 2. Bảng audio ở cuối bài viết, các bạn có thể tham khảo nhé!
|Describe a live sports match that you have watched.|
You should say:
– what it was
– when you watched it
– why you watched it
– and how you felt about it.
I’d like to talk about the recent football game between Hồ Chí Minh City football club and Hà Nội football club. It was a fixture on the 6th matchday of the 2021 V. League 1 football season, which is the highest and most competitive football league in Vietnam. I especially looked forward to watching this game because I’m a big fan of football and since I’m a
Saigonese, it’s only natural for me to support the Hồ Chí Minh FC. Prior to the match, we had had a poor run and we had struggled to stay out of the relegation zone. Meanwhile, Hà Nội was in a good position to accelerate in their title race. In the beginning, the match was all that I had expected. The atmosphere was tense and the players from both teams were determined and high-spirited. However, around the 28th minute, a horrific injury caused the game to pause. Ho Chí Minh’s defender Hoàng Thịnh carelessly and violently tackled Hà Nội’s midfielder Hùng Dũng. Thịnh’s reckless challenge left Dũng holding this leg, clearly in pain and agony. Thịnh was sent off the pitch for his foul, while Dũng was carried out on a stretcher. Later, I learnt that he needed immediate surgery. I was so in shock that I couldn’t remember anything apart from Hà Nội FC beating our team three-nil (3-0). I’ve been angered and anguished ever since, not because we lost but because of the unsportsmanlike foul and the injury Dũng suffered. He’s such a talented player and now his career may be in jeopardy. I pray for his speedy recovery and I hope in the future all players shall be educated to protect not only themselves but also their opponents. Football is a beautiful sport and it shouldn’t be marred by ruthlessness.
- Fixture (n): trận đấu (trong ngữ cảnh thể thao)
- Relegation (n): xuống hàng
- Accelerate (v): tăng tốc
- High-spirited (adj): hồ hởi
- Tackle (v): truy cản, tranh chấp
- Reckless (adj): kinh suất, liều lĩnh, thô bạo. Reckless Challenge: pha cản phá thô bạo (có thể gây chân tương cho bản thân, đối thủ)
- Agony (n): cơn đau đớn (quằn quại)
- Sent off (expression): đuổi khỏi sân
- Stretcher (n): cáng
- Nil: cách đọc số 0 trong bóng đá. Ví dụ: 2-0 (two nil)
- Anguished (adj): bị dằn vặt
- Unsportsmanlike (adj): Không có tinh thần thể thao
- Jeopardy (n): sự nguy hiểm
- Be marred by [noun] (expression): bị làm xấu bởi
- Ruthlessness (n) sự không quan tâm đến người khác, nhẫn tâm
Nghe câu trả lời phiên bản audio từ Giảng viên tại Vietop:
Chúc các bạn học tập tốt với bài mẫu Describe a live sports match that you have watched – IELTS Speaking part 2này nhé.