Trong bài viết ngày hôm nay IELTS Vietop sẽ chia sẻ đến bạn bộ từ vựng và bài mẫu chủ đề Advertisements nhằm giúp những bạn đang luyện thi IELTS nâng vốn từ vựng của mình lên nhé!
A. Từ vựng chủ đề Advertisement
- billboard: biển quảng cáo
- competitive (adj): cạnh tranh
- competition (n): sự cạnh tranh
- fierce competition: cạnh tranh khốc liệt
- rival company: công ty đối thủ
- ubiquitous = all over the place: khắp nơi
- tobe + pretty much everywhere: hầu hết mọi nơi
- pop up (v): bật lên, hiện lên
- persuade so to do st: thuyết phục để làm st
- background music: nhạc nền
- exaggerate (v): phóng đại
- convince SO to do something: thuyết phục ai làm gì đó
- promote (v): quảng bá
- roundabout (n): bùng binh , vòng xoay
Suy nghĩ, ý kiến về quảng cáo:
- annoying: phiền toái, khó chịu
- informative: hữu ích, cung cấp nhiều thông tin
- useful: hữu ích
- get on my nerves: làm tôi điên, khó chịu
- not reliable: không đáng tin cậy
- tobe + brilliantly designed: được thiết kế rực rỡ
- eye-catching: bắt mắt
B. Mẫu câu cho chủ đề Advertisement
- S + find + ST+ adj ( ..cảm thấy thứ gì đó như thế nào)
Vd: I find advertisements on TV nowadays rather boring and similar to each other
- The increasing number of advertisements is partly due to + N / because + S +V
(số lượng quảng cáo ngày càng tăng là một phần vì ….)
Vd: The increasing number of advertisement is partly due to the competition among rival companies
- When I……, I can easily catch sight of ….. (Khi ….., tôi có thể dễ dàng bắt gặp …)
Vd: When I’m travelling to work, I can easily catch sight of billboards of many different brands at busy roundabouts
- Apart from N, you can also see adverts in …… (Ngoài ……, bạn cũng có thể nhìn thấy quảng cáo ở …)
Vd: Apart from coffee shops, you can also see adverts in elevators
- Back when I was a little kid, I ………… (Khi tôi còn nhỏ, tôi………)
Vd: Back when I was a little kid, I found advertisements on TV very funny and interesting, especially those with catchy background music
C. Một số câu hỏi thuộc chủ đề Advertisement và gợi ý trả lời mẫu
1. Are there many advertisements in your country?
Absolutely yes. Advertisements are a common sight in Vietnam, whether it’s on TV, on websites or on social media.
2. Why do you think there are so many advertisements now?
I believe that the increasing number of advertisements is mainly due to the fierce competition among companies nowadays. All brands want to promote their products to a wide range of consumers and stand out from their rivals, so they are willing to spend a lot of money on ads and marketing as well
3. What are the various places where we see advertisements?
As I said earlier, advertisement are pretty much everywhere in my country. Apart from TV commercials, magazines and newspapers, you can also see adverts on buses, taxis and in coffee shops. When you go to bustling roundabouts in Saigon such as Phu Dong or Dien Bien Phu, your eyes would be bombarded with dozens of billboards from different brands. Each of them comes in different sizes and are brilliantly designed with eye-catching colors and interesting slogans
4. How do you feel about advertisements?
Back when I was a little kid, I really enjoyed watching advertisements on TV. Probably because they were pretty short and generally have catchy background music. However, as I get older, I find advertisements rather annoying and overwhelming sometimes, especially commercial breaks during a film because they ruin the flow. Besides, advertisements that pop up on my laptop screen when I am watching Youtube or surfing the Internet also get on my nerves.
Chúc các bạn học tập tốt nhé!