Task 2: The best way to reduce youth crimes is to educate their parents with parental skills. To what extent you agree or disagree?
Note: Có thể chọn 1 trong 5 hướng (directions) sau:
Topic analysis & Idea generation:
A. Nếu agree
- Parents, not schools, are to blame when children commit crimes => lack of skills to teach children how to distinguish right from wrong behaviours
(Cha mẹ, không phải nhà trường, là những người chịu trách nhiệm chính khi con cái phạm tội => thiếu kỹ năng dạy bảo con cái phân biệt hành vi đúng sai)
- Parents, not the community, are excessively indulgent towards children => spoil children, who are likely to commit crimes
(Cha mẹ, không phải cộng đồng, nuông chìu con cái quá mức => khiến con cái hư hỏng, dễ dẫn đến phạm tội)
- Parents are not technology-savvy => lack of skills to monitor children's online activities
(Cha mẹ không am tường công nghệ => thiếu kỹ năng giám sát những hoạt động trực tuyến của con cái)
- Parents do not understand children psychologically => lack of skills to listen to and advise children to avoid committing offences
(Cha mẹ không hiểu tâm lý trẻ => thiếu kỹ năng lắng nghe và tư vấn cho con cái cách phòng tránh phạm tội)
B. Nếu disagree
- Youth crimes are caused by a variety of factors => it is hard to identify which is the main cause
(Trẻ phạm tội là có nhiều nguyên nhân => khó xác định đâu là nguyên nhân chính)
- On a family level => instruct parents how to take care of kids in this information age
(Từ góc độ gia đình => hướng dẫn cha mẹ kỹ năng dạy trẻ trong thời đại thông tin)
- On a school level => train teachers psychologically to tactfully deal with such problems as school violence
(Từ góc độ nhà trường => huấn luyện thầy cô giáo về tâm lý trẻ để giải quyết khéo léo những vấn đề như bạo lực học đường)
- On a community level => organise many exciting activities to attract young people => provide a healthy outlet for their abundant energy
(Từ góc độ cộng đồng => tổ chức nhiều hoạt động sôi nổi để thu hút giới trẻ tham gia => tạo điều kiện giải phóng năng lượng cho giới trẻ một cách lành mạnh)
C. Quick decision making (quyết định nhanh)
Chọn cách tiếp cận thiên về bất đồng (disagree more than agree)
Given the increasing rates of crimes committed by young generations in modern-day society, there are currently many suggested solutions, the most effective of which to lower these rates is said to be equipping fathers and mothers with parental techniques. To the best of my belief, such a view is far from convincing.
On the face of it, a number of adults probably lack certain skills in educating their children. They do not know how to teach their kids to distinguish right from wrong behaviours. They are not technology-savvy enough to prevent their children from online temptations. Consequently, such parents should be trained in how to discourage their kids from committing offences in this information age.
In actual fact, youth crimes result from various factors and, therefore, there is no single "best" way to deal with this problem. In order to effectively reduce criminal acts committed by the young, a combination of strategies involving parents, teachers and the community should be considered. Apart from education for parents, teachers should also be psychologically trained so as to prevent or stop students from behaviours of violence or perversion on a daily basis. For instance, specific training could be offered so that teachers would know exactly what to do to handle a case of bullying, one of the most common phenomena in the school context. On a community level, social groups should play a role in organizing fascinating activities, such as sports competitions, to attract young people, who frequently need an outlet for their abundant energy.
In short, I am not convinced by the suggestion that providing parents with child-care skills is the best method for youth crime reduction; rather, this requires efforts to be simultaneously made
-283 words- Written by IELTS Vietop
Chúc bạn thành công nhé!