Đề bài và bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 04-03-2021. Mời các bạn học viên cũng như mọi người tham khảo bài viết sau đây nhé.
Task 1: The diagrams give information about changes in a student accommodation.
The maps depict modifications to a student accommodation building from 2010 to the present day. Overall, the building has been renovated extensively, seeing fundamental changes to the student-bedrooms and the gardens. In addition, more entrances are added as a result of the remodelling.
In 2010, the building was a relatively green area with three gardens to the northwest, the north and the south of the map. However, in the present day, only the northern one remains; the other two were replaced by a new student bedroom and a car park. The number of student bedrooms was greatly expanded from the original three to five, replacing the former living room.
The current building is also more accessible with more doors added, connecting the rooms to each other and to the exterior. Other major changes include the introduction of an en-suite room and the addition of a new social area in the kitchen. The big bathroom sited at the heart of the map, however, remained unchanged over the given period.
2. Vocab highlights
- Modification: sự điều chỉnh
- Renovate: đổi mới
- Extensively: một cách toàn diện
- Fundamental changes: những thay đổi cơ bản
- Remodelling: thay đổi, thiết kế lại (dùng cho nhà cửa)
- Expand: mơ rộng
- Accessible: dễ ra vào hơn
- Exterior: bên ngoài
- En-suite room: phòng ngủ có nhà tắm ở trong
- Site: nằm ở
Task 2: Today many countries import food from different parts of the world. Is this a positive or negative development?
The consumption of imported food has gained popularity in recent years. In my opinion, this has both positive and negative consequences in equal measure.
One distinct benefit of imported food is the fact that it offers consumers more choices. Thanks to the act of importing food, people from different countries are able to enjoy different kinds of produce that are non-existent in their home countries. Many of the delicacies we like, several of which would appear in our tonight’s dinner tables, are a mixture of ingredients indigenous to different parts of the world. Therefore, it would be a huge loss if we relied solely on local ingredients. Furthermore, foreign food encourages healthy competition among food processing companies, and this will eventually lead to increased food quality.
However, the drawbacks of imported food should not be overlooked. The act of transporting food from a country to another requires frequent use of airplanes, the most fuel-hungry means of transport in the world. A typical Boeing 747 burns thousands of gallons of fuel per flight, and such a huge amount of gasoline burnt is highly detrimental to the atmosphere. Moreover, preservatives are often added to perishable food so that it does not spoil during the transporting stage, and some people fear that such chemicals would be harmful for daily use.
In conclusion, I believe that the rise in the consumption of imported food can open up a better array of choices and add some spices to our meals, yet its effects on the environment and on our health should also be taken into great consideration.
2. Vocabulary highlights
- In equal measure (prepositional phrase): Có mức độ ngang nhau, tương đương nhau
- Produce (n/U): Nông sản
- Non-existent (n): Không tồn tại
- Indigenous (adj) to: Thuộc về bản địa của
- Overlook (v): Bỏ qua, xem thường
- Preservatives (n): Chất bảo quản
- Perishable food (n): Thức ăn dễ bị hư hỏng
- Array (n): Một nhóm đa dạng
- Take into consideration: Xem xét
3. Structure highlights
- Several of which: Số từ + of + mệnh đề quan hệ có thể được dùng để thêm thông tin về số lượng. Ví dụ: I have three pens, all of which are originated from China.
- It would be a huge loss if we relied on…: Mệnh đề điều kiện loại 2 miêu tả một sự việc trái với sự thật ở hiện tại
Chúc bạn học tập tốt và thành công với bài mẫu IELTS Writing task 1 và 2 ngày 04-03-2021 nhé!
Writen by IELTS Vietop