Trong bài viết ngày hôm nay, IELTS Vietop sẽ cung cấp cho bạn vốn từ vựng chủ đề Transportation, đây là một trong những chủ đề thường gặp nhất trong bài thi IELTS Writing. Bạn có thể áp dụng vào phần Writing Task 2 hoặc bài thi Speaking của mình nhé!
Từ vựng chủ đề Transportation trong IELTS Writing
1. On the road
- Congestion: sự tắc nghẽn-> Traffic congestion = traffic jam: sự ùn tắc giao thông, kẹt xe.
- High traffic volume: lưu lượng giao thông Ví dụ: There is always high traffic volume in urban locations.
- Traffic safety: an toàn giao thôngVí dụ: Traffic safety issue should be considered as a national issue as it is strongly related to all aspects of life and has a close link with the protection and sustaining the natural environment.
- Traffic signs/ traffic lights: biển báo giao thông/ đèn giao thôngVí dụ: The use of traffic lights is to eliminate confusion, chaos (sự hỗn loạn), time-wasting (tốn thời gian) and accidents in road junctions (ngã 3) and curvets (khúc cua quẹo).
- Rush hours: giờ cao điểm Ví dụ: The traffic congestion in the city gets worse during rush hours.
- Off-peak hours: ngoài khung giờ cao điểm
- Pedestrian crossing = crosswalk: vạch kẻ cho người đi đườngVí dụ: Pedestrians are meant to have right of way over vehicles, but in many regions drivers do not stop for pedestrians.
- Pavements: vỉa hè Ví dụ: The reason for pavement preservation is that our pavements are steadily deteriorating due to traffic, weather and time.
- Public transportation: phương tiện giao thông công cộngVí dụ: Individuals who use public transportation get over three times the amount of physical activity per day of those who don’t.
- Private vehicles: phương tiện giao thông cá nhân
- Reliable schedule: lịch trình (phương tiên giao thông công cộng) chuẩn.Ví dụ: Buses usually do not have a reliable schedule for commuters.
- Transport infrastructure: cơ sở hạ tầng giao thôngVí dụ: The construction of transportation infrastructure could reduce the travel cost, attract foreign investment and expand trade of shared resources.
- Commute = travel-> Commuters: people who use public and private transportation.
- Ease traffic flow (v): làm giảm lưu lượng giao thông
- Traffic wardens: người điều tiết giao thông
- Emit/release: thải raVí dụ: Private vehicles such as motorbikes and cars emit exhaust emissions which pollute our atmosphere.
- Exhaust emissions: khí gas ức chếVí dụ: Exhaust emissions from motor vehicles threaten the environment and human health by rising the levels of CO in the air.
- Air pollution: ô nhiễm môi trường
- Perspiration problems: vấn đề về hô hấpVí dụ: Dwellers, especially elderly people and children, usually have perspiration problems because of the air pollution.
- Electric cars: xe điện
Ví dụ: Many people have found that switching to an electric car has been empowering and has galvanized (kích động, làm phấn khởi) them to start taking other actions for the climate.
- Upgrade: nâng cấp
- Environmentally friendly: thân thiện với môi trường.
Ví dụ: In the future, governments should encourage people to commute by cars that are environmentally friendly such as electric cars and use lead-free petrol.
- Road safety measures: các biện pháp an toàn giao thông đường bộ
- Road maintenance: duy trì đường xá
Ví dụ: One of the road safety measures is that roads should be maintained in a specified period.
- Implement stricter rules (v): ban hành quy định nghiêm khắc hơn
- Fines: phạt phí
- To conduct regular vehicle inspections: kiểm duyệt phương tiện thường xuyên
- To install speed camera: cài đặt camera tốc độ
- Traffic calming: điều hòa giao thông
- To raise petrol prices: tăng giá xăng
- To be punctual: đúng giờ
- A tachograph: đồng hồ tốc độ
- Lead-free petrol: xăng không chì
- Traffic-free zone: khu vực không có giao thông, phương tiện qua lại
- Road accidents: tai nạn giao thông
- Driving offences: những tội phạm liên quan đến điều khiển phương tiện giao thông
- Joy riding: đua xe
- Drink-driving: uống đồ uống có cồn khi tham gia giao thông
- Hit-and-run: tông xe và bỏ chạy
- Traffic laws/ traffic safety rules: luật giao thông/ quy tắc an toàn giao thông
Xem thêm: Trọn bộ đề IELTS Writing task 1 qua các năm
Idioms chủ đề Transportation
Bài mẫu IELTS chủ đề Transport
Some people think that the best way to increase road safety is to increase the minimum legal age for driving cars or riding motorbikes. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
It is believed that raising the minimum driving age is the most effective method to improve road safety. While I accept that this approach has some effects in the short term, I believe that a longer-term and better solution is to impose stricter punishments for driving offenses.
I think that increasing the minimum legal driving age can help reduce traffic accidents, thus improving the safety of roads. This is because a large number of traffic incidents are caused by young people’s careless driving. Many of them are not mature enough to fully understand the serious consequences of their actions or to be responsible for what they caused. Raising the driving age, therefore, can make sure that the youngest drivers are mature enough to take driving seriously and to protect their own lives and other people’s lives when driving.
In my opinion, however, this approach is only effective to a limited extent, due to the fact that nowadays many youngsters still drive without a driving license. So, a more effective way to ensure road traffic safety is to impose more severe punishments on those who commit driving offenses. For example, a longer prison sentence could be given for very serious offenses and a heavier fine could be imposed for running a red light or driving without a helmet. These punishments could help deter potential offenders and prevent people from re-offending.
In conclusion, I believe that introducing stricter regulations for driving offenses is a much better measure to increase road safety in comparison with increasing the minimum driving age.
Bài tập luyện tập
- Excessive use of private cars is considered to be the main reason for the traffic jam in many cities and that’s why the use of public transportation is encouraged. In your opinion what are the pros and cons of using public transport?
- Some people think it is more important to spend money on roads and motorways than on public transport systems. To what extend do you agree?
Chúc các bạn học tập tốt và thành công với bài viết về từ vựng chủ đề Transportation trong IELTS Writing nhé!