Hôm nay Vietop xin chia sẻ đến bạn bài mẫu IELTS Speaking part 2 real test ngày 13/04/2018, cùng tìm hiểu ngay nhé!
Describe a businessman you admire
You should say:
- Who this person is
- How you know this person
- What kinds of business this person does
- And explain why you admire this person
1. Preparation (1 minute)
- Justin Brown
- an Australian businessman
- CEO of Ideapod
- Ideapod: a digital media platform sharing articles shaping our lives
- Got to know him via Facebook
Why admire him?
- He selects & shares valuable life-changing articles
2. Sample Speaking
Of all the contemporary businessmen I’m aware of, Justin Brown is the name I’m really interested in.
I have great admiration for Justin Brown not because he’s famous for being rich or anything. He’s an Australian businessman, the CEO of Ideapod, a digital media platform that provides articles on a great number of ideas shaping our lives. I’ve known him for a while now… less than a year, I guess… You know, one day I was using Facebook when I came across a post shared by a friend of mine, which was about the rejection of positive thinking. This was an article about the philosophy against positive thinking. Simply put, we are normally advised to think positively because, you know, it helps us feel optimistic and always be in a good mood. However, according to that article posted by Justin Brown, positive thinking actually does us more harm than good. It is harmful because it makes us deny reality and become dishonest to ourselves. It is dangerous because our negative emotions should be released rather than repressed. We’re human beings, and releasing our negative feelings is part of a healthy lifestyle.
So I must say that I enjoy reading many articles posted by Justin Brown on Facebook, and he’s actually one of the businessmen I know and admire a lot mainly because of what he’s contributing to the global community from the point of view of selecting and sharing life-changing ideas.
3. Some vocab items
- Contemporary: living in the present / at the same time (Đương đại)
- The rejection of X: the dismissing or refusing of X (Sự bác bỏ X)
- To come across X: to meet/find X by chance (Bất chợt gặp/ thấy X)
- To repress negative emotions: to restrain/inhibit/prevent negative feelings (Đè nén những xúc cảm tiêu cực)
- The global community: the worldwide community (Cộng đồng toàn cầu)
- Life-changing ideas: ideas having such a strong effect that they change one’s life (Những ý tưởng làm thay đổi cuộc đời)
4. Some structures
- Of all …, X is …: X is … among all … (Trong số tất cả … thì X chính là…. )
- To have great admiration for X: to greatly admire X (Rất ngưỡng mộ X)
- Simply put, …: If it is put/explained in a simple way, … (Nói 1 cách đơn giản)
- X does Y more harm than good: X harms Y more than benefits Y (X gây hại nhiều hơn là có lợi cho Y)
Vietop hy vọng bài mẫu IELTS Speaking part 2 real test ngày 13/04/2018 ở trên mà Vietop đã chia sẻ có thể giúp được bạn trong quá trình luyện thi IELTS nhé! Và đừng quên tham khảo Top những chủ đề IELTS Speaking Part 2 thường gặp nhất để chuẩn bị thật tốt cho phần thi của mình.
Chúc bạn học IELTS Speaking tốt và thành công.