The maps show art gallery in Australia in 1950 and now.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
(IELTS Vietop sẽ cập nhật sample task 1 sau nhé!)
In today’s world, private companies rather than the government pay for and conduct most scientific research. Do you think the advantages outweigh disadvantages?
In modern society, the fields of science and technology are considered by most as the most essential ones. Used to predominantly take place in the public sector, research and development in the science and technology sectors now have privately-owned companies at its heart. During the course of the essay, I would present the analysis of the given issue as well as to draw a rational conclusion that there are more disadvantages than advantages to this phenomenon.
There are a plethora of reasons why it is pivotal to have government-run research projects. To begin with, when research is conducted by the authority, the motive behind is consistently people-driven and not for monetary return. As a result, there is more transparency in the process. Furthermore, a government is bound to be more responsible and has complete accountability when it comes to investing public money in such research. In addition, government-run projects are often backed with the national budget, which could easily surpass the capabilities of most private institutions.
On the other hand, private organizations are more interested in gaining profits. In addition, when the funding comes from the particular organization, the results could also be biased to ensure there is a favourable outcome to the sponsoring institution. For example, the production of medicinal drugs is legally obliged to go through rigorous trials, which may take extended periods of time to complete. As private companies invest a staggering sum of money in such projects, it is unfeasible for them to wait for a longer tenure to attain the expected results. Hence, there is a higher probability of the quality-control being compromised to make the research successful.
To conclude, conducting and regulating scientific research is a controversial issue, because accountability and openness are essential to quality science. Therefore, it is only feasible if it is achieved by a non-profit agency such as the government.
2. Vocab highlights
- Predominantly: phần lớn, chủ yếu là
- at its heart: tập trung vào
- a plethora of: nhiều, đa dạng
- conducted : được tiến hành
- for monetary return: nhằm mục đích thu lợi nhuận
- To be bound to: có trách nhiệm, bị ràng buộc
- Accountability: trách nhiệm giải trình
- Surpass: vượt quá tầm
- Biased: bị thiên vị
- Sponsor: nhà tài trợ
- Rigorous: khắc nghiệt
- Staggering: gây sửng sốt
- unfeasible: không khả thi
- compromised: bị tổn hại
Chúc các bạn thi tốt!
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 05-12-2020
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 28-11-2020
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 10-10-2020
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 05-09-2020
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 18-07-2020
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 06-06-2020
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 23/05/2020
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 30-04-2020
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 07-03-2020
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 01/02/2020
- Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 1 và 2 ngày 11-01-2020