Hôm nay Luyện thi IELTS Vietop gửi đến bạn bài mẫu về Topic Jobs này, cùng lưu lại để ôn tập nhé!
Part 1: Housework
1. Do you do housework at home?
Yes, sure. I am living on my own in a small flat downtown, so I need to do everything by myself. Even if housework is not favorable to me, as I’ve already been snowed under with a lot of work, I still make some time tidying things up.
- Snowed under with work: bận rộn với công việc
2. What kind of housework do you often do?
Well, you name it. Since I live alone, I barely get any help from others when it comes to doing house chores. Doing the laundry, doing the dishes, vacuuming, mopping the kitchen are some of the tasks that I have to face every evening.
- You name it: cái gì cũng có (không liệt kê hết)
3. Did you do housework when you were a child?
Yes, sure. I was taught to lend my parents a helping hand ever since I was just a child. Back then both of my parents were working, and they had to work around the clock to put food on the table. Therefore, whenever I wasn’t doing any school work, I tried to help them out with the dishes or the laundry and often received a pat on the back after each time I finished.
- Lend s.o a helping hand: giúp đỡ ai
- Work around the clock: làm việc ngày đêm
- Put food on the table: đặt đồ ăn lên bài (ý chỉ nuôi sống gia đình)
- A pat on the back: lời khen, sự ghi nhận
4. Do you think that children should do housework?
Definitely. When children contribute to family life, it helps them feel competent and responsible. Even if they don’t enjoy the chore, when they keep going they get the feeling of satisfaction that comes with finishing a task. And sharing housework can also help families work better and reduce family stress.
- Competent (adj): có khả năng, giỏi
Part 2: Describe a very difficult task that you succeeded in doing as part of your work or studies.
You should say:
- what task you did
- why this task was very difficult
- how you worked on this task
and explain how you felt when you had successfully completed this task.
I’ve been put between a rock and a hard place so many times in my studies in college, as I often have a lot of deadlines to meet during the classes. But there was one time I had to finish a task within only 2 days.
I was on a trip on the outskirts of town when I got an email from my lecturer saying that I had to accomplish a task in 3 days, because we pissed her off earlier that week. It was to finish a full analysis of the consumption patterns among young people, you know, as an assignment for my marketing class. It was clearly stated that if anyone hadn’t been able to finish this assignment by the end of the week, he or she would have received a failing grade for the course.
I felt extremely anxious since I didn’t have my macbook with me at the time, and drafting documents on my phone was nearly impossible. The next day, I came back home from the trip with a bundle of nerves.
The situation got even worse when that assignment was not the only thing I had to face. As a student with a part-time job, I still had to go to work during the day and it cost me a lot of time. Therefore I had to push the envelope and spend 2 sleepless nights to pull it off. The biggest difficulty I faced was the deadline panic. The scarcity of time and deadline pressure really drove me crazy.
Finally, when the clock struck 11:58 p.m on the due date, I managed to submit the task to my lecturer with everything done properly. At that very moment, I did nothing but breathed a sigh of relief. I have to admit that though I was panic-stricken during the experience, approaching the deadline kept me motivated to work harder and performance could even improve.
Xem thêm bài viết cùng chủ đề:
- Be put between a rock and a hard place: bị mắc kẹt trong tình thế khó
- Piss s.o off: chọc tức ai đó
- With a bundle of nerves: trong sự lo lắng, sợ hãi
- Pull it off: làm được
- Scarcity (n): sự thiếu thốn
- Drive s.o crazy: khiến ai phát điên
- Breathe a sigh of relief: thở phào nhẹ nhõm
- Panic-stricken: sợ hãi
Part 3: Jobs
1. What are the most difficult jobs that people do?
This is not easy to tell, actually, as each has its own particularities. By that I mean some difficult jobs are very physically demanding, while others are intellectually demanding. In terms of the first category, some of the most labour-intensive tasks may include general cleaning and maintenance jobs, farming and agriculture-related jobs, security-related jobs and construction work. These jobs can even be life-threatening sometimes, and require people to be physically competent. As far as the other type is concerned, being a surgeon or medical doctor, astronaut and nuclear scientist are the hardest jobs that I can think of.
- Particularities (n): đặc thù
- Physically demanding (adj): yêu cầu cao về mặt thể chất
- Intellectually demanding (adj): yêu cầu cao về mặt trí tuệ
- Labour-intensive (adj): cực nhọc, nặng nề (về thể chất)
2. Why do you think some people choose to do difficult jobs?
To my way of thinking, some people decide to take the hard route because of something called passion or excitement. As often as not, some difficult jobs are adventurous in nature and these people may find it thrilling to do such kinds of things. Others, however, choose to commit to labour-intensive jobs either because they just don’t have any other types of skills, education or qualification to do other jobs, or they are just paid really well for their work.
- Take the hard route: chọn hướng khó
- Thrilling (adj): sung sướng
3. Do you agree or disagree that all jobs are difficult sometimes?
Yes, I do agree that all jobs can get difficult sometimes, even if they are generally considered to be easy, because the criteria to rate the level of difficulty in jobs can be very subjective. So, I think there is no point in arguing that performing heart surgery is more stressful and intense than looking after infants. Every type of profession is equally important and hard to perform from time to time. That’s why all jobs are worthwhile and indispensable in our society, and we shouldn’t look down on them or judge them superficially.
- Criteria (n): tiêu chí
- Subjective (adj): mang tính chủ quan
- Indispensable (adj): không thể thiếu
- Look down on s.o: xem thường ai đó
- Superficially (adv): một cách nông cạn
Hy vọng bài viết về chủ đề Jobs trên sẽ giúp bạn phần nào giải quyết ý tưởng cũng như từ vựng trong quá trình ôn tập IELTS. Nếu bạn có thắc mắc gì về bài viết trên, hãy để lại bình luận bên dưới để được giải đáp nhé!